Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

HArd to compare the two, but GAS is the most naturally talented footballer I have seen. He could do absolutely anything on the football field. I think Carey was a better player because he was nearly as talented but smarter and vastly superior as a team player and leader.

Harry is insanely talented with off-the-charts footy IQ. After watching the Pies play last night, I am convinced Pendleberry is the best comparison to Harry. Harry is much more of an offensive threat than Pendles has been though.

Pendlebury is a good comparison.

But just on Collingwood and last night, when Nick Daicos had a high-pressure set shot deep in the last qtr that he absolutely had to kick for Collingwood to have a chance, he bottled it, and my first thought was - Sheez would have nailed that. Cut to today and while Harry's set shot in the 3rd wasn't quite as do-or-die, it was still important. And of course, it was never in doubt. The kid has ice in his veins.

Was a play in the 3rd? Centre bounce, fumbled it and shaped to kick off the ground, couple of suns players reacted to it, maybe eased up preasure wise, last second Harry changes his mind, takes in cleanly and cuts back between them.

Kid is a freak
100% I laughed, the last Harry to bamboozle the masses was of course Houdini.
Now I suggest we could lock our Harry in a chest hurl it into the river and before you know it he'd be standing next you on the bank , bone dry .

Last edited:
Pendlebury is a good comparison.

But just on Collingwood and last night, when Nick Daicos had a high-pressure set shot deep in the last qtr that he absolutely had to kick for Collingwood to have a chance, he bottled it, and my first thought was - Sheez would have nailed that. Cut to today and while Harry's set shot in the 3rd wasn't quite as do-or-die, it was still important. And of course, it was never in doubt. The kid has ice in his veins.

They are very different players. Sheeze is not as fast and flashy but is much tougher and more capable of going hard and winning the contest against very good players.

They both have great vision and use the ball well.

Daicos is fast and reads the ball very quickly as well. Kerch was doing that today, he might be a closer comparison to Daicos over the next few years.

I dunno if the TV highlighted it, but he faked a soccer kick and picked it up, instead. Both GC players fell for it.

So many times it's fumble, fumble, fumble ... Then Harry gets it and it's immediately clean and to our advantage.

People start cheering when he gets near it because they know that something good will happen.

As good as it gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno if the TV highlighted it, but he faked a soccer kick and picked it up, instead. Both GC players fell for it.

So many times it's fumble, fumble, fumble ... Then Harry gets it and it's immediately clean and to our advantage.

People start cheering when he gets near it because they know that something good will happen.

As good as it gets.
After so many years of feeling that our opposition was consistently cleaner and more "one touch" with the ball, it is a huge source of relief and satisfaction to finally have a player as clean as Harry in our team. Throw in Powell, Kerch, Wardlaw, LDU, and Phillips we are much less fumbly than we have been in years.

Crazy to think just how much a draft pick can change your clubs fortunes. He is the face of North Melbourne now. The Sheezel + Wardlaw selection will go down in our history as the night everything changed.
Certainly the best double pick up since duck and horse

I’m lost for words

He is 19.

What is he going to be producing in 5 years????

My son’s name is Harry, he is 6. I spend all week saying “Harry do this, Harry do that, Harry shut up”

Then I spend most Saturdays at 1:45 for 3 hours saying “well done Harry” over and over and over again

George is my favourite of the new generation, but Harry is insanely good at absolutely everything the game is about. Tough inside, clearance beast, incredible hands, vision, foot skills, faultless in front of of goals, and has not played a single poor game in the 30-something he has played to date.

Sure, Daicos is also a gun and already has a flag. I see is the #1 contested possession player in the comp, which is crazy given his size and role, but Harry is neck and neck with him on their first 2 seasons and are both clearly mainstays of the top echelon for the next 10 years.

Awesome game today Harry. Next week you can show up the Chad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back