Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite Nick's talent and the stuff you mentioned about his run and IQ, I prefer Josh as a player. He just seems more honest and less of a squib. You can't deny his talent and I like watching him cos he is a genuinely great player and just opens the game up ... but every now and then he does stuff and I'm like:

WTF!!! You gutless campaigner!!! You just stopped.

And yelling at the screen cos its jarringly bad.

Obviously the other stuff makes up for it cos its so bad. From a team pov I can see why winning 10+ clearances a game easily is worth losing one or two cos of those ... squib efforts lets be honest. If he gets cleaned up at 1/4 time and misses the next week as well, it kind of costs the side more than one soft effort in terms of scoring opportunities vs chances for the opposition to score

... but its not a good look.
Actually think that Jaicos is severely underrated, because of the attention Naicos has gotten.

Every time I watch Josh, he gives off that aura of giving 110% no matter what, and that he's willing to lose a limb to win the game for his team. Bloody handy player too.

Actually think that Jaicos is severely underrated, because of the attention Naicos has gotten.

Every time I watch Josh, he gives off that aura of giving 110% no matter what, and that he's willing to lose a limb to win the game for his team. Bloody handy player too.
Problem with Josh is his kicking. Gets enough of it but disposal efficiency a lot of the time is in the 60s

Both Daicos boys are excellent footballers, pies are lucky to have them. Would be nice for us to get a father son combo that good. Harry will be right up there too just need another one of him in the next draft.
We'll make do with McKercher.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sheezel would get torched. It would expose one of sheezel’s few weaknesses against Daicos’s greatest strength… speed. I have never seen any player cover the ground with so much speed as Daicos. He just doesn’t stop moving at full pace, until the opposition has the ball that is.
schimma covered the ground like that, way before it was fashionable.

Underrated by whom? He has won the B&F in their premiership year IIRC

Despite Nick's talent and the stuff you mentioned about his run and IQ, I prefer Josh as a player. He just seems more honest and less of a squib. You can't deny his talent and I like watching him cos he is a genuinely great player and just opens the game up ... but every now and then he does stuff and I'm like:

WTF!!! You gutless campaigner!!! You just stopped.

And yelling at the screen cos its jarringly bad.

Obviously the other stuff makes up for it cos its so bad. From a team pov I can see why winning 10+ clearances a game easily is worth losing one or two cos of those ... squib efforts lets be honest. If he gets cleaned up at 1/4 time and misses the next week as well, it kind of costs the side more than one soft effort in terms of scoring opportunities vs chances for the opposition to score

... but its not a good look.
Boomer was the same when it came to contact. They're so good at everything else so it's not an issue. Sleevo on the other hand.....

I completely agree.

Boomer was the same when it came to contact. They're so good at everything else so it's not an issue. Sleevo on the other hand.....
I don't remember Boomer taking short steps or stopping in front of the ball while someone else takes it away.

But I'm old and my memory is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a record breaking and BnF/RS winning 1st year he has improved:

Kicks, HBs, Disposals, marks, goals, tackles, Goal assists, I50s and clearances.

Down slightly in R50's after a move into the midfield.

Let's see where his game goes as he and the mids gel more together. Exciting times!!!!

1718153433467.png

Add 19 year old's Pendles (Sheez), Paul Kelly (Wardlaw) and a left-footed Ben Cousins (Colby) to any developing midfield and there will be many fun times ahead..

Dog Smiling GIF by DevX Art

This was probably my favourite that he was involved with:

1718170551971.png

1. G. Wardlaw starts with the ball due to a free kick
  2. Wardlaw kicks the ball to C. Taylor, who marks it without opposition.
  3. Taylor then kicks it to Z. Fisher, who gets another free kick.
  4. Fisher kicks to T. Xerri, who makes an uncontested catch.
  5. Xerri kicks, and H. Sheezel collects the loose ball.
  6. Sheezel handballs to L. Davies-Uniacke.
  7. Davies-Uniacke receives the handball and kicks it.
  8. E. Ford picks up the loose ball and handballs it to N. Larkey.
  9. Larkey receives the handball, kicks, and scores a goal.

I'm observing a lot more "clean" goals derived from clean kicking and marking, whereas earlier in the year most of our goals came from mad scrambles and a bit of luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back