Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a play in the 3rd? Centre bounce, fumbled it and shaped to kick off the ground, couple of suns players reacted to it, maybe eased up preasure wise, last second Harry changes his mind, takes in cleanly and cuts back between them.

Kid is a freak
Was brilliant play - I thought I was seeing things.

He’s that good in everything he does.
Still very underrated by the wider footy community

Was a play in the 3rd? Centre bounce, fumbled it and shaped to kick off the ground, couple of suns players reacted to it, maybe eased up preasure wise, last second Harry changes his mind, takes in cleanly and cuts back between them.

Kid is a freak
Was amazing! I thought at the time, well even Sheeze has the odd bad moment. Next thing you know he's leveraged a fumble into pure gold!

As an oldie the only players l can remember who took off straight away and made you watch in awe were Jim & Phil.
Even though Keka was the same until a knee injury and his brothers sad death.
Great memories. Keith Greig was a different style of player but fits that bill for me too. Nice to be raising these names reflecting on a current young gun.

He’ll soon be the no.1 rated player by champion data the way he’s going.

What about dick Healy…. “One’s won a premiership” as an argument when assessing individual performances? Harry won’t get his due consideration for AA when clowns like Healy and Cornes are selectors.
Is it an even bigger feather in the cap for Sheeze?

One did it in a premiership team the other in a team thats been the worst performed for the past 5 years and 18th at the time. And took a performance like this (not own is won) to lift us to 17th.

Lets see how Nick performs in a team that cant link him up for easier stats. Btw i dont want to take away from Daicos he's unbelievable to watch expect in 4th quarters against us.

It's not like the 2 blokes he left floundering were nuffies either. # 18 Rowell & # 3 Flanders. As he handballs to Powell you'll see the other player struggling to cover it, cos he was also wrong footed initially, is # 15 Anderson. Not a bad list to out smart.
He quickly sums up that Phillips is covered even though he breaks from the stoppage 1st, and the handball to Powell is the play that releases us.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly one of the smartest and most skilled bits of play I have ever seen. How do you even begin to stop this bloke legally in today's game?
OK. I have determined by the process of deduction that you are not Kane Cornes. By his own admission, Cornes cannot "see it" in Harry Sheezel.

Of course, we know that there are none so blind as those who cannot see.

There are also stupid, biased, misogynistic, jealous and vindictive tools who make outrageous statements in order to appear relevant. I don't know the man but this is the vibe he gives off.

Which also proves that you are not him.

This guy is so slick that I actually missed half of the amazing things he did at the ground. Like this one, I didn't see at all in specifics, just that he got it out. I actually don't want him to get the captaincy for a few years because I don't want to **** his development. He's only 19, if he gets a few more years of improvement he will be undeniably just the best in the comp.

This guy is so slick that I actually missed half of the amazing things he did at the ground. Like this one, I didn't see at all. I actually don't want him to get the captaincy for a few years because I don't want to **** his development. He's only 19, if he gets a few more years of improvement he will be undeniably just the best in the comp.
Harry, and LDU, and George

George is awesome to watch, and realistically probably more fun to watch. But to my (extremely untrained) eye, Harry is an even better player. Which is not an insult to George, more just recognition that Harry is the actual generational player that everyone thought Reid was. I mean, that fake-soccer-to-clearance play is genuinely disgusting, and he does things like that every game.

George is awesome to watch, and realistically probably more fun to watch. But to my (extremely untrained) eye, Harry is an even better player. Which is not an insult to George, more just recognition that Harry is the actual generational player that everyone thought Reid was. I mean, that fake-soccer-to-clearance play is genuinely disgusting, and he does things like that every game.
Dont think its comparable to say who the best player is as they are very different, wardlaw in full flite is jawdroppingly awesome to watch, the repeat efforts and manic attack on both the man and ball is a sight to behold, equally so though sheezel is astonishingly clinical the way he goes about it and his footy IQ is off the charts, its more mesmerizing watching sheezel. with wardlaw you ask yourself "how did he pull that off" with sheezel the question is how did he even think of pulling that off!

its like comparing a swiss watch mechanism to a full fueller drag racing engine, both are works of art however are far from alike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back