Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a regular on Tuesday nights and he comes across as an honest, respectful, knowledgeable person and really difficult to dislike, even though he has destroyed us more than a few times over his 17 career.

I do hope we get to see him play again this season, if it is his last, but I hope he returns after the North game. :)
one of my all time footy highlights highlights was that final we hung on to win, and he tore Narni a new one in the last quarter, only for Grima to give him a massive hug as soon as the siren went. Was such a show of respect from Nathan to go straight to Hawk rather than immediately celebrate with his team mates.

so it's a given that being bad gets you better picks which naturally gives you an opportunity to recruit the best talent

but forget the talent for a moment -- we simply got so lucky that we got a human being of the character of Harry. We could not ask for a better person to be the face of this footy club, which he undoubtedly is at the moment. What a player, what a man.

Yep he’s such a good person and has really changed the landscape at the club since he came in.

After that little dodgy ice bath w***er - it would have been easy to say it’s to hard but Harry extends his contract for two years and then took 2030.

Then you take what he has done on the footy field since his very first game.

Erect the statue immediately

Tens of thousands of words have been written about Sheezel's uncanny abilities on field, but if there are any commissioning editors reading this, please give me a single long read or podcast that actually attempts to explain how a 19-year-old can be so imperturbable and cogent in the headlights of a national media gaze, especially given he spent his teenage years training to be an elite athlete rather than a politician.

The forced nature in the chat regarding Sheezel being made captain makes me feel uneasy.

Let him do his thing.

I think it’s fair to say that the players and supporters already respect and regard him as a leader anyways.

Making him an offical one would only add more commitments to a 19 year old with an already busy schedule.

Tens of thousands of words have been written about Sheezel's uncanny abilities on field, but if there are any commissioning editors reading this, please give me a single long read or podcast that actually attempts to explain how a 19-year-old can be so imperturbable and cogent in the headlights of a national media gaze, especially given he spent his teenage years training to be an elite athlete rather than a politician.
His upbringing 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re not in Marc Murphy, Trent Cotchin, Lachie Neale, Patrick Cripps, Sam Mitchell territory.

We’re not even be in Christian Petracca, Nat Fyfe, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood territory.

I think we’re in Diesel Williams, Nathan Buckley, Simon Black, Scott Pendlebury, Michael Voss, Andrew McLeod territory

But there’s a possibility that we may just be in Dustin Martin, Chris Judd, Gary Ablett Jr territory.

That freaks me out just writing it.

Edit: I’m getting a bit carried away here but I can’t help it. After everything - Martin/Kelly debacle, Boomer debacle, Rhys Shaw debacle, missing Blakey, Noble-ball, Cunnington testicular cancer, Majak Bolte bridge, generational JHF and an ice bath, generational Taryn Thomas and his mobile phone, jubilation of getting a GOAT coach to be pulled into the Human Rights court, losing because of an interchange error, missing out on Harley Reid, Fitzroy 90s / Demons 00s form of 17th, 18th, 18th, 17th and on track for 18th again… so many precious weekend hours watching belting after belting….

Sheezel makes it all feel better
There's a decent iceberg meme in that edit.

I get the feeling the swines will target Harry physically this week, hope we are ready just in case
I feel like Jordon goes to LDU.

Feel like how we are using Harry all across the ground still that he’s going to avoid being the #1 target of the tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back