Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I was one who thought he didn't have the tools...
And whilst I am more than happy to admit he is holding his spot at the moment
I am still not convinced he will continue to develop, just something about his football looks awkward/unnatural

That being said, if he continues at this level or even better develop, and he's the 22nd player picked each week, we would be in a good position.

Fingers crossed he continues to develop an improve.
Most blokes around the 2m height mark look awkward/unnatural at times...

Has become comfortable as a key back but played all of his junior career as a ruck/forward. This to me mean that he understands the natural flow of a match and can read the game. He won't get lost between plays and knows how to position himself. I love how versatile this makes him - everywhere he plays he is a weapon. Rucks can't drag him in defense trying to nullify him. Defenders can't drag him up the ground to lose him in traffic. Forwards can't out position him deep to outbody/maneuver him.

I really like him as our second ruck because he is good with ball in hand and by foot. He is a genuine marking option on the wing and in the forwardline. He is not a lumbering tall who can't chase down opponents.

He is a multi-positional player who is a difficult matchup. This makes him a weapon in finals.

I'm happy to admit I didn't rate Miller at VFL level. Think it's also a reflection on just how putrid Soldo has been this year. I'll be happy if the club perseveres with Miller in the seniors for now. He's basically where Balta's been majority of his career a man without a set role and must be challenging to do well. He's been pretty reliable and am massively impressed with his improvement in his field kicking as last year he seemed to just float the ball long with hospital passes. He's actually delivered a few laser like passes to leading forwards in magoo's and seniors. His marking is solid, and pretty reliable at spoiling. And puts in a decent contest when the ball hits the deck, unlike Dinosaur soldo who just watches it waltz straight back up the other end for an almost certain goal. He's clearly not a fair matchup with gun ruckman but has been competing and keeping them honest. He's kinda a no fuss old fashioned country footballer who just gets the job done and fills whatever whole Dimma needs plugged. I would've delisted him last year, so i'll concede for once they were smarter than me..... anyone feeling the urge to respond to the last sentence can eat a :eggplant:

Iirc kicked a deadset mammoth laser beam IF50 at one stage

That kick to Cumbers for his third is under appreciated. He kicked it 60-70m and it went fast to put Cumbers into an easy open goal. It was Dusty like!

Most players would sky it, giving the defence more time to get back and defend.

Might get games as the 2nd ruck with Ryan and colina still developing.

Not sure if jack can do it.

Balta maybe but it's be unusual using a defender.

If not Miller likely backs up Riewoldt (and lynch) ? As the next tall forward in. Bauer still largely unknown.

Handy option at his size speed and age.

If Miller is used it'll be interesting to see who gets forced out; Cumberland. MRJ. Short. Graham?

Might get games as the 2nd ruck with Ryan and colina still developing.

Not sure if jack can do it.

Balta maybe but it's be unusual using a defender.

If not Miller likely backs up Riewoldt (and lynch) ? As the next tall forward in. Bauer still largely unknown.

Handy option at his size speed and age.

If Miller is used it'll be interesting to see who gets forced out; Cumberland. MRJ. Short. Graham?
Miller will be rotating off the bench as ruck/forward, Graham would be medisub if we have no injuries.

I think Ben Miller is extremely important to our future premiership aspirations and has so far gone under the radar

Ruck.Fwd,Defence multi positional players with his agility speed athleticism are rare and we have him

Work should go into developing Miller into our version of Blicavs
Blitz is useless as a forward, a better comparison would be Balta...............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ben Miller is extremely important to our future premiership aspirations and has so far gone under the radar

Ruck.Fwd,Defence multi positional players with his agility speed athleticism are rare and we have him

Work should go into developing Miller into our version of Blicavs
🤢🤮🤮

He is the mot overrated footballer in the comp...

When he plays ruck he infringes 99/100 times, yet somehow gets away with it...
When he 'tags' he infringes all day, somehow gets away with it...
Gets caught HTB regularly, terrible kick...

But hey, he's a great runner, did you know he used to be a 1500m/steeplechaser, could've gone tot he Olympics

🤢🤮🤮

But hey, he's a great runner, did you know he used to be a 1500m/steeplechaser, could've gone tot he Olympics
hahahaha, he plays for Geelong, that's all you need to answer the above.....
However, I do like Miller as the "concept" of the role.

How did our experiment of turning Balta into a forward work out?
Very promising.

🤢🤮🤮

Bitcharse's finals failures make Stagerfield look like Gary Rohan.

Pretty good?

His goal/game ratio was healthy before moved back
Cast, in order of appearance:
Jacob Hopper (gets a possession in the middle of the ground)
Tom Lynch (leading out from the square)
Noah Balta (getting in the way)

get out frog GIF

🤢🤮🤮

Cant be that bad mate he is an All Australian player

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back