Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I really want to be respectful, Miller seems like a genuinely nice and well respected lad.

He’s a wonderful size, quite versatile and has good athletic traits. I’m still not sure if he has the intensity or stand out traits to become a best twenty two player for a club wanting to play finals.

I do appreciate that to be a good side it’s important that you have these no fuss players who can come in, fill holes and do what’s asked if them. There’s no shame in being a squad player, I’d happily still give him a new contract too. I just believe that his level may be as option to play 5-10 games a season but probably not when everyone's fit and avalaible.

still running around a bit with that "deer in the headlights" look
but getting more confident every nice possession.
the fist over the boundary line and that shank kick were a bit cringey
but half a dozen very good moments as well. has a bit of toe for a big unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a real weapon as a backup ruck. Has elite disposal, athleticism, and his run of 20-30 touch games in the VFL indicates he can find the ball.

Interestingly, he got a perfect score in the draft combine goalkicking test. I'm going to write off his attempt on goal as an abberation...

Versatility ✅
Speed ✅
Athleticism ✅
Disposal ✅

Keep playing him
His disposal is generally great but he's got that one random slice kick he does every game. I reckon he's so quick to make decisions his hand-foot coordination sometimes isn't on the same page!

Soldo settles into the role as vfl ruck..

Hopefully biggie puts pressure on miller next season.

Miller done enough to stay on the list a couple years..
There will be plenty of room for both Miller & Biggie in the team in the future, don't think they'll be competing for the same spot

I mentioned this last year when we traded out the zombie

Miller will fill the gap in the 2nd Ruck role and 2 years down the track Ryan will have taken over if CCj didnt leave
Balta/Gibcus & Miller can all pinch hit or shore up in case of injury.
Our side is turning into a well balanced versatile side.

I'm actually surprized that people aren't raving about his game this week. He was a massive step up in terms of versatility, speed, skills and ability than many of our other 2nd ruck options. He certainly didn't look overwhelmed in the center square or around the ground and frequently feed the ball down to our mids. What I really loved about him was his movement around the ground, marking and footskills through traffic. His goal kicking will improve as he gets used to the fatigue and pressure. He also confident in the backline if he dragged down there.

He hasn't had to ruck up against experienced, ruck monsters yet so I won't go so far as to say he is our lock for the role but, I think its been a great move and he'll only get better from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back