Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When the chips are down Wardlaw will always be digging in. JHF showed he’s a front runner

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed
This bloke will be a north player for life regardless of what position we are in whereas JHF was always gonna leave at some point

You know what?

He hates to lose in the contest. Despises it. Just refuses to acknowledge losing a contest exists.

Completely transformed the midfield mix.

For those College Football fans who remember Reggie Bush and LenDale White at USC, he is the Thunder to Sheezel’s lightning.

He takes it personally. Stores it in his memory. Uses it for next time. A competitive animal who isn't just happy to be there.

A trait badly lacking at the club for years but am now seeing in our young guys.

Agreed
This bloke will be a north player for life regardless of what position we are in whereas JHF was always gonna leave at some point
Completely agree. You can also see JHF is not a team player at all. He's an individual in a team. Honestly the bloke couldnt even spell team. Warlord makes the team better. They're chalk and cheese and i'll take Warlord any day of the week.

I feel so dirty for liking this...

burn it john tesh GIF by MANGOTEETH
Kyle Gallner Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

When the chips are down Wardlaw will always be digging in. JHF showed he’s a front runner

George is a ripper but underestimate corn frances at your peril, if you watched the port game this week he put in a triple effort to force a turnover in fwd 50 to get it to rankine who goaled.

Sure Iam bitter about the way it panned out but iam not naive. But Georgie boy is a pretty awesone tonic to wash the bitterness away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George is a ripper but underestimate corn frances at your peril, if you watched the port game this week he put in a triple effort to force a turnover in fwd 50 to get it to rankine who goaled.

Sure Iam bitter about the way it panned out but iam not naive. But Georgie boy is a pretty awesone tonic to wash the bitterness away.
George has better character for starters and that’s an upgrade before you even talk about ability

That’s genuinely amazing that he passed the ball to a bloke on a completely different team, playing in a different state, to kick a goal.

He takes it personally. Stores it in his memory. Uses it for next time. A competitive animal who isn't just happy to be there.

A trait badly lacking at the club for years but am now seeing in our young guys.
That time he got caught coming through the middle wasnt his fault, basic team communication to let a bloke know when he is hot. But he was filthy anyway and caused a turnover within about 60 seconds.

I think we did better out of the deal. Just him and Sheezel ... grew up playing against each other as the best players in their age group and now they're in the same side, at its lowest ebb with a chance to genuinely make sporting history. Talent aside that in itself will be so important. They already know each others games to a fair degree.

Yeah cos they were in front. Watch him start sooking it up when it turns against them

A couple of more preseasons and that won’t be catching this kid, he will just monster anyone that comes near him.

I’m thinking he will turn into a Patrick Cripps with speed, which is ****ing scary.

Made some mistakes with his disposal and lacked a fair bit of awareness, also tried to do too much and got pinged at times but the explosiveness, strength, determination and dynamic movement makes for a pretty special player in the making. He is going to be an A-grade wrecking ball beas

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back