Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he now have to miss min 2 weeks now due to recent previous concussion history & now miss the Wet Toast game next week?
Rising Star - Dempsey for sure now if there was ever any doubt.

The brain shaking is caused from linear and rotational forces. New tech is helping with that. Newer helmets aren't just padding these days.
On one hand, new tech has clearly ameliorated the impact of linear and rotational forces on the brain.

For example:

What's not clear to me is the level of danger a brain would be exposed to in a serious AFL head collision even incorporating that new tech. According to the last link above, liquid shock absorbers could reduce impact to NFL players by a third. But really, who knows?

Last edited:
Itll be a good day when they do figure it out.

Bloody oath. Anecdotal and there's a lot of factors that might make it worthless as a point, but I forked out for a top of the line new tech one two years ago and have since had two major head clashes where the other bloke has ended up with a serious concussion and I hadn't felt a thing, nor had any symptoms that my brain had any impact. I'm a big advocate of them, as you can tell!

Bloody oath. Anecdotal and there's a lot of factors that might make it worthless as a point, but I forked out for a top of the line new tech one two years ago and have since had two major head clashes where the other bloke has ended up with a serious concussion and I hadn't felt a thing, nor had any symptoms that my brain had any impact. I'm a big advocate of them, as you can tell!
Obviously some players have always taken a psychological comfort from helmets, and imo that is still worthwhile, but if the physiological evidence comes forward that newer tech offers observable protection, it would be hard to argue against making them compulsory.

Obviously some players have always taken a psychological comfort from helmets, and imo that is still worthwhile, but if the physiological evidence comes forward that newer tech offers observable protection, it would be hard to argue against making them compulsory.

The world rugby study in a few years will be interesting if it turns up that evidence.

Helmets will be compulsory very soon.

I hope the Warlord recovers well as he is the future star of our midfield.

Personally I would prefer we put him in cotton wool and rest him for the remainder of the year, as much as he would hate not playing.

Get him on an endurance program now and primed for a big season in 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad ass would Georgie look wearing that Big X type helmetšŸ¤£
I mean to itā€™s not like heā€™d be covering up the latest fashion hairstyle!
I say let all our midfield quartet wear helmets. Not only will it protect our players, but the intimidation factor would be through the roof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back