Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

If both Baker & Bolton select fremantle 9,10,16 is a min and i wouldnt be paying any salary in that
Id rather Baker select West Coast and demand either Baker +10 for #3 of #13 as a straight trade

both players selecting fremantle limits our demands

I would be asking for 9, 16 and Future First from Freo for Bolton. Pick 10 for Baker. Done.

Thanks for coming Freo, take care.

I spoke earlier about the framework being done for Bolton. I think what we have demanded will happen. Could it be three first round picks?

Hopefully they all overrate him and his tenacious attitude and we get something better than we should.
He is a great little back pocket that can pinch hit in the midfield or forward line, but cannot sustain high performance in those positions.
He is a very very good player. He lost his focus this year as he was wrestling with his decision

Angry Mickey Mouse GIF

Sounding as though Mini is nearly over the line. Ch7 reporting tonight WC are coming over this weekend to speak to him again.

West Coast should just come out and appoint him. Then we will know Baker & Graham are going to West Coast.

Also, if that does happen maybe there was some unrest with our senior players and Yze.

If Mini gets the job at Eagirls then we'll have two Richmond VFL teams in the AFL.

Mould Coast
1. Dimma
2. Grigga
3. Rance
4. Craig 'four eyes' Cameron
5. Wayne 'sheep dog' Campbell
6. IT Geek
7. Tubby Team Manager
8. Rioli
9. Dusty :tonguewink:

and

Eagirls

1. Mini
2. Bakes
3. Graham
4. Matty 'shitty picks' Clark
5. Bolton?

Last edited:
Surely, we don't give Bakes and 21 to the Eagles for pick 13?

An Eagles fan must have come up with that one and they have run with it.

If we are to give something back, then 29 makes more sense than 21. Baker is worth more than a 300-point upgrade.
We wont be giving up Baker for a 8 pick upgrade
thats delusional

The broadcast SEN opinion With appointed Mini as Coach is pick 13 ( that slides to 15) to Tiges for Bakes and Graham.

The dicks that text in all go gasp horror. The announcer relies YADA x 3, you imbeciles. WCE has no real position of power in this negotiation. They won't pull back and go to the draft as they need solid experienced players.

These two are walk up best 18, so pick 13 is it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never over rated this bloke like so many do. He tried hard previously, was found wanting this year. He's a lousy mid. Dreadful forward. Pretty good backman, not spectacular. Short fella so limited in positions he can play. Those who suggested he could be captain (just like Graham) clearly have poor judgement. Any day Rumplestiltskin can weave a rookie pick 18 into a 100 game premiership player getting the best out of them before offloading them for a pick 10 - 13 is a phenomenal result.

I doubt he has much influence at WCE and by year 2 they're supporters will be cursing his salary especially when they see how good the player we drafted is travelling.

I never over rated this bloke like so many do. He tried hard previously, was found wanting this year. He's a lousy mid. Dreadful forward. Pretty good backman, not spectacular. Short fella so limited in positions he can play. Those who suggested he could be captain (just like Graham) clearly have poor judgement. Any day Rumplestiltskin can weave a rookie pick 18 into a 100 game premiership player getting the best out of them before offloading them for a pick 10 - 13 is a phenomenal result.

I doubt he has much influence at WCE and by year 2 they're supporters will be cursing his salary especially when they see how good the player we drafted is travelling.
I'm surprised talk of pick 13 exists in the media. I said early on pick 23 was ok to get it done but happily took the heavy negative criticism on here. Like any supporter though, I'd love to get the best possible deal we can and if that's pick 13 then we have well and truly made off like bandits. However, I'll believe it when I see it.

I also like to stir the pot with oppo fans so if they want to stress about this trade every day more fool them.

Was pretty disappointed with bakes speech last night, still technically vice captain of the club, I know he’s a light hearted cruisey type of guy but his speech just looked and sounded terrible.
Loved watching him and the effort and heart he played every game with but that’s his last appearance at a Richmond player had flattened me a bit.
Shai and Dan Rioli I could understand, not great speakers, never done a lot of media stuff.
Bakes got up there half pissed, big hug and laugh with shai almost to say how funny and awkward is this.

Thank him for everything he’s done for the tiges but just a disappointing finish unfortunately for a guy many were hoping would be our next captain.

Broady and nank spoke very well on the positive

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back