Votes: 16 34.0%
  • St Kilda > 30 pts

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good draw coming up for Essendon. Brisbane and the two teams lower on the ladder (Melb and North).

Either they win all 3 or their season is over.

Good draw coming up for Essendon. Brisbane and the two teams lower on the ladder (Melb and North).

Either they win all 3 or their season is over.
Very lucky to get Brisbane at home. The humidity would be too tough for the effortless Bombers I'm not sure if they would even bother to catch the flight up. Still wouldnt suprise to see the Lions steamroll them. I reckon Melbourne will. North while not great at least usually provide effort and a fight. That alone would beat the Bombers right now.

They could potentially rally and get to 2-3, but it honestly wouldn't suprise to see them 1-4 (dont think theyl 0-5) and basically that's almost season over in terms of finals for them. Especially since they still have games against Eagles, Tigers, Pies, Cats, Hawks, etc. still to come.

Tippa has seriously regressed offensively since a fantastic 2017.

Even last year his stats were well down until he got on a downhill ski run v Saints and kicked 5. Before that he was in serious danger of kicking less than a goal a game as a permanent forward.

When his pressure is off, he's a liability because his offensive game has gone completely missing.
Disposal has gone out the window.

He's fine getting 12 touches when he hits targets but he's gone from lace out to nowhere near.

Agree. The effort was better yesterday in the 2nd half but our decision making/execution is sub standard right now
The first half was embarrassing and couldnt believe it after last week. Thought you would come out breathing fire and roll the Saints by 10 goals. This is a side that struggled and fell over the line at home against the Gold Coast. I was joking about some sort of rebellion, tanking, match fixing, message to the coach being delivered by the players it was that bad. I havent seen such a poor half from the Bombers in a while. Less than 5 players looked like they actually cared and wanted to do anything about it. Stringer stood out the most.

The first half was embarrassing and couldnt believe it after last week. Thought you would come out breathing fire and roll the Saints by 10 goals. This is a side that struggled and fell over the line at home against the Gold Coast. I was joking about some sort of rebellion, tanking, match fixing, message to the coach being delivered by the players it was that bad. I havent seen such a poor half from the Bombers in a while. Less than 5 players looked like they actually cared and wanted to do anything about it. Stringer stood out the most.
Stood out in terms of wanting to do something?

The umpiring in the first 2 rounds so far has been woeful. Surely after this round is completed, alot of clubs will be approaching the director of umpiring, and basically asking "what the f*** is going on". They are missing so many free kicks, and then calling ones that are not evening happening. It maybe they are rusty being only 2 rounds in, but surely they need to tighten it up by round 3.

Yeah I particularly liked the commentators frothing over Stringer's 'one handed tackle' on Webster when on replay it was just a straight clothesline around the neck. And Jimmy had htb paid against!

Not one commentator afterwards said, whoops, maybe that should have been a high tackle free to St Kilda.

Stood out in terms of wanting to do something?

Pretty much. Saad, Shiel and Stringer were the three that stood out. Zaharakis needs to be delisted. Heppell needs to hand over the captaincy.

Its strange how we (opposition supporters) used to bag out Goddard for his negativity towards his teammates. Turns out without all that finger pointing the rest of the players are genuinely clueless as to how to follow a game plan - if there even is one.

Pretty much. Saad, Shiel and Stringer were the three that stood out. Zaharakis needs to be delisted. Heppell needs to hand over the captaincy.

Its strange how we (opposition supporters) used to bag out Goddard for his negativity towards his teammates. Turns out without all that finger pointing the rest of the players are genuinely clueless as to how to follow a game plan - if there even is one.
That's why we used to defend Goddard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 2: Essendon v St Kilda, 4:35pm AEDT MS

Back