Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh God I hope we win by a free kick...please please please. I was there a few years ago with a few Bay people and my Richmond sister when we won with a free kick in the last few minutes, I cant remember the year or game but boy or boy was it wild! We snuck into the members too to enjoy the melts even more, Good Times! I think that was the day Morgs and I got a photo with KFC boy lol.

This one?

Last edited:
I can see West Coast jumping out of the blocks and leading by 4 or 5 goals most of the game, then we either get a couple of late ones or West Coast blow us off the park in the last quarter.

The problem on our end is we dont blow teams off the park unless they are really, really bad. We live dangerously and get out to 3-4 goal leads before putting the cue in the rack. If we do that against Richmond you'll barnstorm home.

The problem on our end is we dont blow teams off the park unless they are really, really bad. We live dangerously and get out to 3-4 goal leads before putting the cue in the rack. If we do that against Richmond you'll barnstorm home.

Wow, I need to pay more attention because we do the exact same thing, get 4 goals up and think "oh we've done enough now". Frustrating as all hell.

Wow, I need to pay more attention because we do the exact same thing, get 4 goals up and think "oh we've done enough now". Frustrating as all hell.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Keep the ball on the ground and swarm in numbers Richmond win, ball stays in the air more often than not and NicNat gets his hands to it first, Eagles take it. I'm not entirely confident as our last stint in Qld was atrocious , if the ball is slick the our kick and mark game struggles
It sounds simple but we havent been! We've been kicking so poorly directly to the opposition or to a 2/3 on 1 situation and havent been able to contest and then lock it in, teams are just scoring too easily when we turn it over.

If Hardwick has one focus this week at training it needs to be forward 50 entries and bringing the ball to ground. We don't need to win the aerial contests, just can't be destroyed by bombing it long to a cluster of defenders with no one competing.

Nic Nat will kill us in the ruck contests, theres really nothing we can do about that particularly, we don't have a match up. Maybe the attempt will be with 2 ruckman we can tire him around the ground or try and get ahead when he is resting as he doesnt play the full game, but when he is on we can't really stop him giving first service.

Eagles will probably win this by 6-8 goals; sometimes when Richmond lose, they lose badly. I hope West Coast doesn't make the grand final if it's in Perth. It's not that they don't deserve it or anything, or that it's fair they have to play every other year at the MCG, but it'd be a boring grand final because I'd eat my hat if it were a close game, let alone them losing it.

Was that the Docklands game, aka the Richmond 'home' game we were forced to play at a ground we hate because #VICBIAS ?
No you sook, there were 2 games actually now I remember, one I went to with Morgs and Steve and we dumped our handbags on him and ran to get photos with KFC boy and broke the internet. The other was a group of us went and the Eagles won by about 4, and there was an umpiring decision to us in the last couple of minutes that sealed it. That’s the game we snuck into the members and feared for our lives. Morgs doesn't come on much now but she would remember both well, we barely made it out of there alive, an Eagles supporter and a Collingwood supporter haha.

The Eagles won both games...at the G.

Last edited:
our main weapon of running teams down has been taken away from us this season with the reduced quarters,
so any B#itch complaining about tigers getting homes games and free rides and umpiring decisions should zip it.

Now that I got that out of the way I have a feeling we will win this game, head says eagles too strong.

No you sook, there were 2 games actually now I remember, one I went to with Morgs and Steve and we dumped our handbags on him and ran to get photos with KFC boy and broke the internet. The other was a group of us went and the Eagles won by about 4, and there was an umpiring decision to us in the last couple of minutes that sealed it. That’s the game we snuck into the members and feared for our lives. Morgs doesn't come on much now but she would remember both well, we barely made it out of there alive, an Eagles supporter and a Collingwood supporter haha.

The Eagles won both games...at the G.
I call bullshit.

You beat us by 20 points at the G in a Friday night game in 2015. Then you have to go back to 2007 for the previous time you beat us at the G.

I do remember you posting pics with KFC boy though.

I call bullshit.

You beat us by 20 points at the G in a Friday night game in 2015. Then you have to go back to 2007 for the previous time you beat us at the G.

I do remember you posting pics with KFC boy though.
I said I will go back and check games, times. I guess one may have been at Docklands.
Now sit back down and I’ll tag you if I want your opinion.

No idea what to expect this game. We are coming back from Darwin off 5 days but then the eagles are off 4. Our delivery inside 50 has been horrific lately and it will have to change for us to win. GC and Essendon were taking intercept marks for fun and West Coast are the best in the comp at that. Maybe our delivery will be so bad even McGovern cant read it :) Bringing in Nankervis I assume for Chol should help us a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers inside 50's suck right now. Eagles have to leave WA.

Hmm I just don't know who's got this one. On form I'd got Eagles. On game style I'd go Tigers (if they do it right).

Should be a great game. Just hope we kick straight.

Reckon we'll see nank and Soldo going to try and break NicNat down. He's too much of a star

Really want Edwards and Prestia back before I get confident in any way. 2 top end players in the midfield make s huge difference.
WC play terribly in Queensland.

Outside of Geelong it is probably the worst conditions for them. Humid and slippery, vs arid and low chance of rain in WA.

I'd probably tip Richmond. It also doesn't help that WC were flying out today, but AFL accommodation was still up in the air.

I said I will go back and check games, times. I guess one may have been at Docklands.
Now sit back down and I’ll tag you if I want your opinion.
I was going to theorise that your memory was failing you with age, and now you're getting cranky. Did you miss your nanna nap? :rainbow:

WC play terribly in Queensland.

Outside of Geelong it is probably the worst conditions for them. Humid and slippery, vs arid and low chance of rain in WA.

I'd probably tip Richmond. It also doesn't help that WC were flying out today, but AFL accommodation was still up in the air.
Its brilliant for them they are flying out today. Most travelling teams have been fly in on the morning, this way they'll get to rest, acclimatise and train in the conditions.

Its brilliant for them they are flying out today. Most travelling teams have been fly in on the morning, this way they'll get to rest, acclimatise and train in the conditions.
Only because this is the way the AFL had structured it.

WC were told fly out Tuesday, that's when your accommodation will be ready.

As far as I know, the AFL was still in the process of sourcing accommodation yesterday/today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back