Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

our main weapon of running teams down has been taken away from us this season with the reduced quarters,
so any B#itch complaining about tigers getting homes games and free rides and umpiring decisions should zip it.

Now that I got that out of the way I have a feeling we will win this game, head says eagles too strong.

Hocking pitch “This is for covid Gil”

What he is thinking “this will stop Richmond”

I posted this on the tigers board and they were gracious enough not to ban me. I must say they have been fun this year.

The following is purely satirical. It is not meant to offend but just for a bit of banter.
Please sing the following lyrics how you would sing your club song.

Oh we're from wonderland
For thirty years we were in no mans land
But now with Dimma as our coach
As there was no one else to poach
We got the tiger brand

A team of very young boys
With Jack throwin his toys
Cos we're not at tigerland

They made us pack up our rags
Fill up our bags
And play the Eagles
In Queensland

So if we're behind
The world is not kind

We love playin at the G
But it wasn't meant to be
It was just a fantasy
We're now in wonderland

So like the tigers of old
We may as well fold
We're not at tigerland

In any weather you will see us with a grin
With our own Lynch pin
Punching heads and chin
It's just the tiger brand

We always do it to whoever we can
But we can't do that to Nic
Not even with a chopstick

And if we're behind then never you mind
We're not at tigerland

So between you and me
We aren't getting any frees
This ain't the MCG
We're not at tigerland

We never weaken til the final siren's gone
Like Kevin Bartlett of old
Hes strong and he's bald

He's from Tigerland...

It sounds simple but we havent been! We've been kicking so poorly directly to the opposition or to a 2/3 on 1 situation and havent been able to contest and then lock it in, teams are just scoring too easily when we turn it over.

If Hardwick has one focus this week at training it needs to be forward 50 entries and bringing the ball to ground. We don't need to win the aerial contests, just can't be destroyed by bombing it long to a cluster of defenders with no one competing.

Nic Nat will kill us in the ruck contests, there's really nothing we can do about that particularly, we don't have a match up. Maybe the attempt will be with 2 ruckman we can tire him around the ground or try and get ahead when he is resting as he doesnt play the full game, but when he is on we can't really stop him giving first service.

Nic is a bit of a freak, and when he's on no one in the league can stop him but that is for the most part at the stoppages and even more so in the centre square. The Oscar Allen pinch hit in the ruck to allow Nic to rest on the bench and not up forward appears to be working (so far) and his game time has steadily increased.Richmond's ability to pressure when they really turn it on is hands down the best in the game , that creates the ground ball and that's where West Coast struggle. Like that last few matches between Rich and WC , I'm expecting a cracker of a game.

Nic is a bit of a freak, and when he's on no one in the league can stop him but that is for the most part at the stoppages and even more so in the centre square. The Oscar Allen pinch hit in the ruck to allow Nic to rest on the bench and not up forward appears to be working (so far) and his game time has steadily increased.Richmond's ability to pressure when they really turn it on is hands down the best in the game , that creates the ground ball and that's where West Coast struggle. Like that last few matches between Rich and WC , I'm expecting a cracker of a game.
I'm probably not, not based on the formlines and how the two sides have been playing. The only thing that gives me hope is it's Richmond (that statement would have been laughable 5 years ago) and we can definitely perform on the big stage in the big games.

Cant stand night games in QLD, ok in the 1st qtr then gets slippery as fk.

Somehow I think you'll be ok on that front at the moment. It's early season when that's a factor. Now it's too cold in the evenings and the humidity is down (though, should be rising again in the next month or so) so dewy conditions should be limited

Looking forward to it

Leagues 2 biggest clubs where winner probably locks in top 4 position and flag favouritism

Loser finds itself uphill battle to make top 4
We'll probably have to win all our remaining games to make the 4. But with the likes of Edwards, Prestia and Astbury hopefully returning, they might need the extra game we'd get if we don't.

13 degrees, 82% humidity, and wind of about 15km/hr forecast at around 8pm.
Typical Victorian humidity bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar Allen likely to miss you would assume due to his cork he copped on the weekend

Thomson Dow from last year's draft will also debut. This would be a pretty fun game to debut in, high stakes, important clash for the ladder. I'm pretty surprised on Dow actually, thought others were ahead of him in the pecking order.

I think he will make Nank look like a schoolgirl.
I think you are placing way too high expectations on a young debutant.

Now, onto important stuff. What do we call this clash? The Robert Wiley Cup? The Peter Wilson Cartwheel In The Ocean? The Todd Bremen Wait I Thought You Said Michael Brennan Swifty? The How Good Was Mark Merenda Memorial?

I think you are placing way too high expectations on a young debutant.

Now, onto important stuff. What do we call this clash? The Robert Wiley Cup? The Peter Wilson Cartwheel In The Ocean? The Todd Bremen Wait I Thought You Said Michael Brennan Swifty? The How Good Was Mark Merenda Memorial?

It's "cork in the ocean" noob

But in honour of Jeremy Humm, I would propose we call it the Humm Dinger Cup

It's "cork in the ocean" noob

But in honour of Jeremy Humm, I would propose we call it the Humm Dinger Cup
It's a portmanteau, dopey. Wilson was famous at Richmond for doing a cartwheel after we beat Carlton one night in the dark days.

As if I don't know "Wilson like a cork in the ocean, over his head, oh my word!" It's one of the great calls of all time.

free kicks?

Should be a cracker. Best two teams in the comp.

Haven't you seen the free kick ladder for 2020.

Eagles are last for free kicks for.

Tough game to pick. I'm hoping the 29 degree heat in Darwin last weekend sucked the energy out of the Tigers for this game, counters the four day turn around for the Eagles.

Both teams traveled last week too.

Eagles to sneak past the Tigers in the final 10 mins of the game.

Haven't you seen the free kick ladder for 2020.

Eagles are last for free kicks for.

Tough game to pick. I'm hoping the 29 degree heat in Darwin last weekend sucked the energy out of the Tigers for this game, counters the four day turn around for the Eagles.

Both teams traveled last week to.

Eagles to sneak past the Tigers in the final 10 mins of the game.
I'm only gaggin.

But it's free kick differential ladder that matters. You can't say, look, we only got 10 frees when your opponent only got 5. You've had exactly as many free kicks as you've given away, which is highly unusual for you. You're in the positive every other year. We're equal third worst on the differential ladder.

free kicks.JPG

Anyway. Let's hope the umps do a good job.

our main weapon of running teams down has been taken away from us this season with the reduced quarters,
so any B#itch complaining about tigers getting homes games and free rides and umpiring decisions should zip it.

Now that I got that out of the way I have a feeling we will win this game, head says eagles too strong.

Eagles also perform strongly late in quarters and out run opponents. I think it was Ah chee this week said something about this. That with shorter quarters we we're not timing our runs very well, in the past we would get to 20 min then hit the accelerator hard in 'red time'. Eagles kicked a lot of red time goals with longer quarters. Ah chee was saying now you can't wait as the quarters are so short.

So 'red time' teams don't get as much advantage.

It's a portmanteau, dopey. Wilson was famous at Richmond for doing a cartwheel after we beat Carlton one night in the dark days.

As if I don't know "Wilson like a cork in the ocean, over his head, oh my word!" It's one of the great calls of all time.

Fiiiiiinnnnne

Thoughts on the Humm Dinger Cup?

I'm probably not, not based on the formlines and how the two sides have been playing. The only thing that gives me hope is it's Richmond (that statement would have been laughable 5 years ago) and we can definitely perform on the big stage in the big games.

The Tigers do seem to lift in big games and are a team seemingly built for finals or finals like games

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back