Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles cant win away from home.

They can definately win away from home, most of this list won a flag 2 years ago. The team they have is simply not suited to these Queensland conditions, Simmo will have to alter the way they defend they tried to intercept mark everything tonight instead of punching to the boundary, cost them a whole bunch of goals.

If they don’t make light work of the bombers I’d put a line through them.

Good game of footy, both teams would take a lot of positives out of that. Not sure it showed much with both sides missing some key players.

Hope we get to meet again later in the year. As different as the game styles are the game really flows when we play each other.

Stop blaming umpires. Your team was not good enough.
Sure they weren't, that's not the point.

When one team is getting junk frees and the other is gifted 6 goals whilst your own team gets nothing from clearly obvious frees then well, it's pretty frustrating.

Spot on mate.

Eagles have quality kids, that young ruck has all the tools to make it. I just think, Hardwick going with a running back line worked for us tonight.

Yeah, he did very well in that game against you guys in great nick and on debut. Agree on the back line - Hardwick is certainly no dummy. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Meh, Tigers had one out of the box in regards to goal kicking. Without umpires gifting them 6 goals it'd be an actual 50/50 game.

Nowhere near it tbh.
I want the ones paid in front of goal we should've got, like your mob did.

Umpires were hot on the whistle for anything in the tiger f50 yet refused to pay anything for us until the game was over.
And the very obvious Cripps one was ignored, with the Williams one for some reason being paid ITB yet Nankervis can turn his back on the ball, make contact with Barrass and get a free kick.

Laughable.

Please stop embarrassing yourself and log off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

be interesting to see.

we were evenly matched for three out of four quarters.

the third your mob got it going and we couldnt come back.

very surprised that nank and soldo did so well against nn and williams - fyi williams can out jump nn!!

but then again nank is criminally underrated and soldo is up and coming class.

i feel we copped a few more sh*t decisions than tiges - but nowhere near twenty seven points worth so put the umpiring whining to bed please.

Good post. nank showed why he is so important to us, its like having a tall midfielder and he complements Soldo's ability not to be out jumped or pushed out because he is a massive unit. Nicnat is a freak, best ruck i have seen in the last 8 years, just so special. Some of your set plays in the first were gold. Was proud of our mids to work it out and close that nat to shuey play in the center you guys love.

Both supporter groups should walk away content they will both contend injuries permitting.

Game was killed when the umps decided to pay 6 frees directly in front of goals and ignore any blatant free for WCE in our forward line.

So much for a good game :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hahahaha here comes the tears, that salt is real. Love how you guys sook and moan that we can't play away from home , yet we can win away from and it's you guys that can't win away from Perth lol. Keep crying

Anyway, aside from some very favourable umpiring in front of goal for the Tigers in the first half, was a decent game. Tigers with insane goal-kicking accuracy, only ruined by Riewoldt at the end.

Well done, see you in finals.
Tell me how many goals did Jack Darling get from frees? His dropping his knees would please Joel selwood

be interesting to see.

we were evenly matched for three out of four quarters.

the third your mob got it going and we couldnt come back.

very surprised that nank and soldo did so well against nn and williams - fyi williams can out jump nn!!

but then again nank is criminally underrated and soldo is up and coming class.

i feel we copped a few more sh*t decisions than tiges - but nowhere near twenty seven points worth so put the umpiring whining to bed please.
I like Williams Kranky. Looks a player. Alllen comes in when he’s fit though.

Grimes and JK out means we missed an epic contest.

We missed Astbury, Edwards and Prestia from our 22. Who can we expect to come back from your mob?

It sounds simple but we havent been! We've been kicking so poorly directly to the opposition or to a 2/3 on 1 situation and havent been able to contest and then lock it in, teams are just scoring too easily when we turn it over.

If Hardwick has one focus this week at training it needs to be forward 50 entries and bringing the ball to ground. We don't need to win the aerial contests, just can't be destroyed by bombing it long to a cluster of defenders with no one competing.

Nic Nat will kill us in the ruck contests, theres really nothing we can do about that particularly, we don't have a match up. Maybe the attempt will be with 2 ruckman we can tire him around the ground or try and get ahead when he is resting as he doesnt play the full game, but when he is on we can't really stop him giving first service.
Hardwick has coached this to perfection this week. Eagles took 4 intercept marks. Naitanui was limited largely.

Terrific execution from the players.

Froths over it. We flogged them in 1994 when he was playing and 2018 when he obviously wasn't, and Chris Judd chose Carlton (clearly not a WC decision). Not really sure why he has such an axe to grind.
I mean the bloke is a morally bankrupt massive campaigner, badge of honor that he doesn't like us.

You realise the tigers have not played one day game out in the sun all year right ?
Blah blah blah MCG , blah blah blah Qld , no one talking about west coast and their two months of home games

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back