Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

eagles win 10 straight in 2018 coming off a win vs the Saints and were up 8 goals, only to win by 2. Lose the next game to Sydney. Similar to this year winning 8 straight and leading the hawkers by 6 goals only to win by 2, lose the next game. What they would need to win the flag this year? The same as in 2018. Avoid Richmond.

That's great when you play 4 games a year outside Vic vs 11.

Numpty.
You know the salt pans are in the Pilbara , that’s in WA mate the home of Australian salt

Fair is fair, Tiges were the better team and deserved the win. Umpiring had sweet f all to do with it. Outplayed us tonight. Not overly concerned with that loss from our point of view, nice little wake up call. Still a fair bit of work to do. Gratz on the win, Richmond.

We've found the one non sook West coast fan in this thread. Kudos man.

And the very obvious Cripps one was ignored, with the Williams one for some reason being paid ITB yet Nankervis can turn his back on the ball, make contact with Barrass and get a free kick.

Laughable.

Yet Cripps can tuen his back to the play, block and hold Vlastuin out of a marking contest and ths Eagles get a goal from a mark in said contest. Goes both ways. You can whinge all you want but you scored a few goals from umpiring non calls that should have been paid.

I only watched the last quarter but if that was any reflection of the game we lost because it was played on Richmond's terms. Personally I don't like Richmond's style of play, but it's effective. It's fast and messy and revolves around the ball staying in play and moving forward. You don't beat them by keeping every ball in play and knocking it back into the corridor. If there's a chance to spoil over the line and slow the momentum, ******* take it.

Radio commentators made it sound like Richmond were being handed junk frees inside 50 and then Darling was given one just before 3QT so glad I missed a 41 page salt mine. Look forward to the commentary about how we can only win at home etc. Nevermind that Richmond are a good team that are also on 9 wins.

you need to watch the replay about Jack darling and his goals, and I hear 90% of Australia’s salt is produced west of the south Australian border in the pilbara

I had this down for a loss because of the four day break plus cross country travel. Richmond also had a lot more recent experience with a slippery ball including the Darwin game. Losing Kennedy early sealed the deal. Some good signs and some not so good ones. Xavier O’Neil I liked, Brander... not so much.

I reckon Soldo played Nic Nat as well as I have seen from any ruck this year, especially early when Nic tends to do most of his damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macintosh
Rioli
Graham
Castagna
Dow (debutant)
Markov

In tonight's 22

Aarts instead of Macca. Macca locked in best 22 now.

Sure they weren't, that's not the point.

When one team is getting junk frees and the other is gifted 6 goals whilst your own team gets nothing from clearly obvious frees then well, it's pretty frustrating.
Haha you’re the lippy eagles fan that was super confident about beating us tonight weren’t you? Put you back in your box.

It's an important game to be sure...An '8 point game' even, that could have a major impact on shaping the final 4, and perhaps even the entire finals series, but I doubt it'll have a lot of meaning if/when the two teams meet in the finals unless it's a complete blowout.

Neither team will be at their best, so both would have good reason to hope for better performances come finals.

I stand by this comment and look forward to hopefully meeting the Eagles in the finals.

I like Williams Kranky. Looks a player. Alllen comes in when he’s fit though.

Grimes and JK out means we missed an epic contest.

We missed Astbury, Edwards and Prestia from our 22. Who can we expect to come back from your mob?
yeos the big one - op i think - dunno when hes back
allen straight back in

we let your mob dictate the terms of the game too much - lots of referred pressure and even when we marked we played on too quick instead of looking for a free man.

heres hoping we get a gf rematch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back