Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 13 - Tigers v Port Thurs June 9th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

8899C6B0-D5C4-4B6B-8302-0D1C79EB146B.png
10TH V 12TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
RICHMOND V PORT ADELAIDE
THURSDAY JUNE 9TH 7:20PM EST (MCG)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

TIGERS

B: J.Gibcus, D. Grimes, R.Tarrant
HB: D.Rioli, N.Vlastuin, L.Baker
C: M.Pickett, J.Short, K.McIntosh
HF: J.Clarke, S.Edwards, S.Bolton
F: N.Balta, D.Martin, J.Riewoldt
FOLL: T.Nankervis, D.Prestia, T.Cotchin

I/C: N.Broad, I.Solda, J.Graham, H.Ralphsmith
EMG: W.Martyn, R.Mansell, K.Lambert, N.Cumberland

IN: M.Pickett, J.Clarke, N.Balta
OUT: J.Castagna, J.Ross, M.Rioli (all omitted), N.Cumberland (medi sub)

POWER
B: T.Jonas, A.Aliir, D.Houston
HB: R.Burton, T.Clurey, D.Byrne-Jones
C: K.Amon, W.Drew, T.Durmont
HF: Z.Butters, T.Marshall, C.Rozee
F: R.Gray, C.Dixon, S.Powell-Pepper
FOLL: J.Finlayson, O.Wines, T.Boak

I/C: R.Bonner, L.Jones, S.Motlop, K.Farrell
EMG: M.Frederick, M.Georgiades, S.Mayes, J.Mead

IN: –
OUT: S.Hayes (omitted)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

ROUND 12 BYES: ADELAIDE * GOLD COAST * BULLDOGS * GEELONG * SYDNEY * EAGLES

Last edited:
A must-win game for us. I don’t really know much about Port Adelaide’s style of play this year so I don’t really know what to expect. I mean, I have watched their games, but I don’t see an identifiable style or system.

• At times they seem to score heavily and at other times it seems like they really struggle to score.
  • At times it seems like they are excellent defensively and at times it looks like they’re all at sea.
  • They look like they are one of the best midfield teams in the competition until they get absolutely embarrassed in the midfield.
  • They’re not particularly excellent at the MCG nor are they terrible. They are pretty decent here though.
  • They’re not unbeatable in the wet nor are they bad.
  • They have pretty good foot skills at times and be awful by foot at other times.

And these changes even occur quarter-by-quarter. There is just no consistency with them. A good example of the above is the Carlton game.

Also, either team can defeat the other regardless of where the game is played (i.e. Adelaide or Melbourne). Therefore, it’s very difficult to anticipate what will happen in this game. Still, I’ll go with Richmond only because we’re quite reliable against Non-Victorians at the MCG (except against Sydney and Fremantle of course).

A must-win game for us. I don’t really know much about Port Adelaide’s style of play this year so I don’t really know what to expect. I mean, I have watched their games, but I don’t see an identifiable style or system.

• At times they seem to score heavily and at other times it seems like they really struggle to score.
  • At times it seems like they are excellent defensively and at times it looks like they’re all at sea.
  • They look like they are one of the best midfield teams in the competition until they get absolutely embarrassed in the midfield.
  • They’re not particularly excellent at the MCG nor are they terrible. They are pretty decent here though.
  • They have pretty good foot skills at times and be awful by foot at other times.

And these changes even occur quarter-by-quarter. There is just no consistency with them. A good example of the above is the Carlton game.

Also, either team can defeat the other regardless of where the game is played (i.e. Adelaide or Melbourne). Therefore, it’s very difficult to anticipate what will happen in this game. Still, I’ll go with Richmond only because we’re quite reliable against Non-Victorians at the MCG (except against Sydney and Fremantle of course).
We've dropped 3 games after leading them all by around 5 goals give or take, in the 3rd or 4th quarters, and we lost to the 4-8 Crows...

Because of that I don't feel comfortable against any opposition, let alone one that is very close to us in the W/L column so far.

The one advantage we do have is I think we have more points in us than they do, as we've been pretty high scoring this year. However it's likely to be freezing cold, raining and windy on Thursday night which means low scoring, tight contest, and that brings them right back into it and probably mitigates a high scoring gameplan. Probably means a small crowd too on a Thursday night.

I think with the unpredictable nature of wet weather footy, it's a 50/50 game and must win for both teams.

Its simply who wants to win more! You should fear a Port side that has no expectations on them because that's when we play at our best. Richmond will start heavily favourites for this match and to be honest should win comfortably by 5 goals but who knows.

If the real Tigers turn up and stay turned up then they'll win.

But so often this year they have buggered off and the dodgy tigers have come in.

Port are in decent form. But still a bit flaky.

Great game to pick, who actually turns up to play for 4 quarters wins. :drunk:

We've dropped 3 games after leading them all by around 5 goals give or take, in the 3rd or 4th quarters, and we lost to the 4-8 Crows...

You lost to the Crows because the umpires gave the Crows a record 20 more free kicks.

And completely umpired the game differently for one team.

You can´t win against that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a theory that Noah Balta will perform better as a forward with more responsibility as the big target man, with Lynch missing. Always thought he's more suited to that rather than being a 2nd/ 3rd option and playing the other half in the ruck.

If conditions aren't too bad for KPFs, I could see Balta having a good game as he should be able to spend 90% of his time forward. 4 goals wouldn't surprise (pending conditions).

Bet on Port 1-39 cause I recon we’re good value, every chance of winning this.

With that being said, Richmond should have us covered pretty comfortably. No recognised ruckman is an absolute joke of a selection in a long list of baffling coaching decisions. Tigers by 35

Finlayson in the ruck is an interesting move against 2 rucks, conditions might suit the decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 13 - Tigers v Port Thurs June 9th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back