Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 3 - SHOWDOWN 51 Crows v Port Fri April 1st 8:20pm AEDT/7:50 CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He picked up the ball after Murphy got hit.

Completely wrong.

Rachele picks up the ball straight after the incident.

Rachelle is holding the ball as he checks on murphy

Rachelle passes the ball back to the umpire

At which point Dawson stand next to the unite and gets given the ball.

Rachelle should have taken the kick. No he’s a great young kid and may have kicked the goal anyway, but how the umpire didn’t pick that up is a massive error

2A920880-97FE-4030-AF19-DE6E575F2195.jpeg A0F8003C-030A-452B-8AD4-B2C4A508D8B1.jpeg
89C94184-F703-4386-8343-E6E59E652E37.png

images

Port supporters deserve better . Weak just mentally weak
The prelim vs Richmond in 2020 said it all and nothing has changed

Completely wrong.

Rachelle should have taken the kick. No he’s a great young kid and may have kicked the goal anyway, but how the umpire didn’t pick that up is a massive error

View attachment 1360965View attachment 1360964View attachment 1360966
Dawson was near enough to be called closest.

We just wear the loss and wake up tomorrow.

He punched him. Regardless of where he hit him, it's a free
Lol.

There was no punch.

What a game. Port trading their future second round pick to us to move two spots up is looking a poor decision right now.

Still plenty of time for their season to turn around but Hinkley is almost on his way out you'd think.
I have a fair bit of faith that sinn will become somewhere between a very good player to an outright gun but it’s still stupid business to trade away early-ish future picks. Dumb.
It was a very pro Adelaide Crows crowd, they seemed to way out number Port fans. Even though Adelaide Crows have been very ordinary over last couple years. (i could be wrong but that is how it appeared on the TV coverage)
Crows home game. Obviously.
Yeah okay so we can just punch players late now.

And okay, pay your free kick downfield to the next player who touches it which is....

...JORDAN DAWSOME
Wasn’t a punch

whistle was for high contact, and on the replay it turned out he didn’t get him high at all. Ump was fooled by the player grabbing at his head

Yep, best just ignore the 'no free kick' trollers - Mayes was reported FFS..!
Lol and the report was a farce and will get thrown out. The ump thought he collected him high, replay showed no such thing happened Liz
In 1983 I think as a West Adelaide supporter, giving Port a rare hiding at Alberton, at 3/4 time almost all 10,000 port fans left and 800 West fans stood dumb founded at how fickle the Port fans were. This story was repeated many times after. I stayed to the end even in rain with my side 75 points down.
I take things that didn’t happen for 100 points thanks Alex. Cool story.

Even better seeing it live!

I'm still on a high...
It's been what, an hour AND IM STILL ON A HIGH

I dont even care it was port. It was the late push and goal after the siren!!!!

Best finish I've witnessed since Rd 19 2004 when North came back to beat Sydney!!!!!

Lol.

There was no punch.

I have a fair bit of faith that sinn will become somewhere between a very good player to an outright gun but it’s still stupid business to trade away early-ish future picks. Dumb.

Crows home game. Obviously.

Wasn’t a punch

whistle was for high contact, and on the replay it turned out he didn’t get him high at all. Ump was fooled by the player grabbing at his head

Lol and the report was a farce and will get thrown out. The ump thought he collected him high, replay showed no such thing happened Liz

I take things that didn’t happen for 100 points thanks Alex. Cool story.

At the end of the day you can argue the toss but it was a free kick. If you want to hand back goals based on crappy umpire calls you'll need to delete about 6 for Port.

Throws not called, holding missed. It was out of control and the thread from the neutrals here before the big finish shows you that was the prevailing sentiment.

Clearly never should have been given to Dawson to take the kick. The bloke wasn’t remotely even near the ball.

Ignoring if it was a free kick or not, that’s a massive umpire error at that point in the game to give it to probably the best kick on the field when he wasn’t within 50m of the free kick
Were you high????

3:15 - closest to the contest.

Acting? He was carried off the ground distressed! Obviously it was assessed in the act of defending, but either way it was unduly rough play & was a free every day of the week.
So distressed was he that while walking with his head in his hands towards the race with the trainers that he turned and saw dawson kick the winner and raced back onto the ground and celebrated with the team.

He gamed the umpire. Clear and simple. Played up that he got hit high, got the whistle and stayed down so someone could take the free kick.

Behind closed doors his teammates and coaches will tell him he did a good job. Good gamesmanship etc. but let’s not pretend he was really hurt lol.

It’s on the umpire. He never ever should have called that high, nor allowed the kick to be taken by someone else much less dawson.

In any case that ump did us a favour this time. Port fans are happy to have Hinkley closer to being out the door.

Completely wrong.

Dawson wears number 12, Rachele got the ball from Dawson
1648815941845.jpeg

This is a weird hill to die on

Minute to go Lachie jones tackled without the footy more obvious free than diver Murphy

30 seconds to go Chance Jones tackled doesn’t dispose of it doesn’t actually do anything text book holding the ball nothing

You were lucky kised on the dick lucky that’s why ur lovin it if Murphy has 1% integrity and takes his “free” you reckon it’s a winner ?

I don’t actually care overall we r cooked and shouldn’t have actually been in a position where Murphy dives then cheats then Dawson slots it to have mattered

But don’t pretend it’s anything more than it was

I’ll happily delete this account for good if Mayes gets games it’s physically not possible and more likely diver Murphy gets fined for being a shit bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chayce Jones got drafted to the better, less plastic Adelaide franchise! Very happy for him. Much better than the very recently established Port Adelaide!

Completely wrong.

View attachment 1360965View attachment 1360964
View attachment 1360971
What point do you think you're really making here? Rachele could slot a goal like that in his sleep.

View attachment 1361020
This is “high contact” so extreme you can’t take ur kick these days Murphys head is about level with his elbow it seems

Notice the total absence of high contact in any context
It's a shame punching campaigners in the guts is against the rules too otherwise he might have got away with it.

That free kick was "soft" at best, at worst it was a howler.

It was such a movie script kick though, the kick itself looked like missing until right at the very end when it miraculously came back inside the post.

Port will be mentally lost after that one. Put a line through them for top 4, and I'd challenge if they will make finals now.

Silly me signed off to read a book! Fancy dipping out early on a derby.

Watching the last 10 minutes was absolutely riveting. The missed port shot on goal was disastrous, and Port didnt set up defensively even though they had time to. The free to Crows looked clearcut, whats the argument against it as I saw there were complaints. The shot had an eery right to left Buddy type fade, quite exhilirating for the young Crows to turn it on like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 3 - SHOWDOWN 51 Crows v Port Fri April 1st 8:20pm AEDT/7:50 CST (AO)

Back