Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DFD77FA7-01F2-4F1F-8D52-834A4F85343C.png
13TH V 10TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 8

PORT ADELAIDE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
FRIDAY MAY 6TH 7:30PM EST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS TO BE ANNOUNCED

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Not sure how we recover from the slogfest in the jungle but don't expect a fast start from us. I'd expect we will be 5+ goals down by quarter time and another goalless quarter to add to the collection. Won't mention the umpires too much as that result will be a forgone conclusion unless Razor Ray is umpiring 🤞.

If the boys can limit the margin early then is should make a good close game that could go either way at the end.

Not sure what to expect. I think Port will want to make up for the prelim and we aren't playing that well and have some key outs still.

Think Port might roll us and get their season under way.

Dogs coming off a 5 day break while Port played in a slogfest so it evens out somewhat. The Dogs pressure was good yesterday but not sure how much to take out of it due to the Bombers playing poorly. Our record against Port at AO is pretty solid, English could return but more likely for the Collingwood game the week after.

Tipping the Dogs by 1-2 goals without a lot of confidence.

The prelim has haunted Port and the GF the Dogs. If Port win on Friday, I think they'll get a run on and make the finals. If the Dogs win, it'll break Port, and they'll probably finish in the bottom six. And unless the Dogs beat Melbourne later in the season, I think they'll miss. They still have some tough games ahead later in the year.

The prelim has haunted Port and the GF the Dogs. If Port win on Friday, I think they'll get a run on and make the finals. If the Dogs win, it'll break Port, and they'll probably finish in the bottom six. And unless the Dogs beat Melbourne later in the season, I think they'll miss. They still have some tough games ahead later in the year.
Meanwhile, Brisbane have no idea how to win finals, even at home

So that's each year I guess

It was handed to you in 2020 and you didn't even make the grand final

Realistically we were the 3rd or 4th best side in 2020, so I think we finished the season about where we should've.

With regards to the match on Friday night, I have absolutely no idea what will happen; two of the hardest sides to predict at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how we recover from the slogfest in the jungle but don't expect a fast start from us. I'd expect we will be 5+ goals down by quarter time and another goalless quarter to add to the collection. Won't mention the umpires too much as that result will be a forgone conclusion unless Razor Ray is umpiring 🤞.

If the boys can limit the margin early then is should make a good close game that could go either way at the end.
Yeah there will be an impact, and we're coming off a 5 day break so I'm not sure we can take advantage of it.
You guys were playing ok but losing, we're playing shit but winning (albeit against a woeful Essendon side).

Martin vs Hayes is likely to be the worst ruck battle in modern AFL history. A kid learning the caper vs a veteran who can't get off the ground.

We're deliberately playing short all over the ground so I expect Aliir is going to take 20 intercept marks

Should be a very interesting clash this one.
I get the feeling Port Adelaide click into gear offensively for the first time this season and win by 5 goals.

It's difficult to assess either team - Port has only beaten WC and then the Saints in that mess of a game in Cairns, Dogs have only beaten North and Essendon recently and they're firmly bottom 3-4. Sydney was a decent win, but that was over a month ago now.

Form would say this'll be a contested scrap, could finish something like 7.13 to 6.12 or something - particularly if there's any rain, and there often is when the dogs travel there. Having said that, one team will probably play lights out and win by 8 goals or something.

But yes, to your point Port are probably due to click and play well going forward - lock the ball in and get repeat entries. Will be nervous watching because the loser's more than likely to miss finals, or at least a decent finals position (I suppose they could scrape into 7th or 8th).

i think this is a huge game for both clubs. Almost season defining.

If Port lose they are done. If they win they are right back in it. Pretty much playing for season.

If Dogs lose they are in trouble. Losing to Adelaide was a major stuff up. They can´t afford to drop this as well now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Back