Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard game to tip, easy tip at Marvel, but at AO I give Port a big chance and think they can cause an upset having found some form.

Dogs aren't exactly travelling great, even though the names are there on paper they arent stringing the wins together.
What form has Port found? Beating up on a team that Rivhmond beat by over 100 at home? Or was it that slop in Cairns that they probably should have lost comfortably?

What form has Port found? Beating up on a team that Rivhmond beat by over 100 at home? Or was it that slop in Cairns that they probably should have lost comfortably?
Winning creates confidence and momentum.
Maybe they "should" have lost in Cairns, but in the last 5 minutes when the scores were locked and the game was on the line, one team stood up and got the job done, and it was Port.

It's a hard tip I admit that, if it was at Marvel I'd comfortably tip Bulldogs, but they aren't a team that inspires confidence to tip away from home right now.

Hard game to tip, easy tip at Marvel, but at AO I give Port a big chance and think they can cause an upset having found some form.

Dogs aren't exactly travelling great, even though the names are there on paper they arent stringing the wins together.

Look up our record at night games at Adelaide Oval. You might be surprised.

I think we play AO better than any ground (including Marvel). Port have found thier groove of late though and will be keen to make amens for finals loss last year. A toss up IMO.

Another "Friday Night Fail" from the AFL.

Should have some kind of floating fixture or something so we can avoid rubbish games like this on cold winter friday nights.
How far out would this have been scheduled? Was this one that was set before the season started?
If so, it would have looked a thriller, PF replay on a Friday night.

50/50. Without English and any quality key defender I can see power scoring well. So maybe Port by 15 points!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being 0-5 i have port going into their bye weekend 5-6. They will beat the Dogs tomorrow night (HOPE I AM WRONG)

McComb's stats don't really tell the story - 2 goals and 20+ looks great, in reality the disposal was really poor as the poster above says. Hoping it's nerves and adjusting to AFL, but VFL watchers on our board have said that it's actually in line with his expected disposal efficiency. Anyway, no pressure - just step up and play the best game of your young AFL career because we're not travelling well and our best player/captain is being rested.

Dogs do tend to play well when up against it, but a look at the bottom 6-8 players in the side fill you with dread. There aren't many genuine AFL standard players in there.

I'd have to think Port are now deserved favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Back