Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was responding to another poster who claimed to know who I was as a person. Again, let's keep it on topic mate :)

Why did the Dogs rest Bont? You have West Coast coming up shortly, why not rest him then do you think?

Why did the Dogs rest Bont? You have West Coast coming up shortly, why not rest him then do you think?
I did address this earlier in the thread, but he rolled an ankle in round one, hurt a shoulder in round two and hasn't been himself since, he's been putting his hand up to play each week but we were coming off a 5 day break and were travelling, I assume he just wasn't right.

Don't really think it's an issue to be honest, in the form he was in he wasn't the difference tonight.

bereft of confidence in his set shot. He was a witches hat round 1, but since then has done everything right other than convert. I'd be interested to see if he has kicked a set shot all year as I remember there was a snap or 2 amongst his goals.
He is becoming a target though and can get separation inside 50. That is a good sign for Ports fwd line as they've struggled for someone to step up as a target.

I did address this earlier in the thread, but he rolled an ankle in round one, hurt a shoulder in round two and hasn't been himself since, he's been putting his hand up to play each week but we were coming off a 5 day break and were travelling, I assume he just wasn't right.

Don't really think it's an issue to be honest, in the form he was in he wasn't the difference tonight.

Concerning the medical team couldn't get him up from a rolled ankle by May.

Surely can't be puffing their chests out after 1 flag in 70 years
It's actually seven premierships in the last 70 years: 1955, 1956,1957,1959,1960,1964, and 2021.
So one every ten years on average? Not great but hopefully more to come.

OTOH you've only got one in your entire history.

It's actually seven premierships in the last 70 years: 1955, 1956,1957,1959,1960,1964, and 2021.
So one every ten years on average? Not great but hopefully more to come.

OTOH you've only got one in your entire history.

So a bunch of 2nd tier flags no one cares about or was born when they happened that mysteriously don't count for us even though the mighty Port Magpies would have shit on any one of those sides and the 1 flag that resulted after 20 years of tanking and the AFL propping you up. Yes, not great at all. Also poignant that someone with that name would jump on my comment after your mate potted the reigning Brownlow medalist who you passed over to pick your spud Toumpas. You did like to pick the odd spud with top 5 draft picks back in the day didn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a bunch of 2nd tier flags no one cares about or was born when they happened that mysteriously don't count for us even though the mighty Port Magpies would have shit on any one of those sides and the 1 flag that resulted after 20 years of tanking and the AFL propping you up.
I can't read that sentence because you don't know punctuation, just pointing out it's seven premierships in the last 70 years for the Dees, not one. I don't care if you think if they count or not? I was just correcting the error you made.

Yes, not great at all. Also poignant that someone with that name would jump on my comment after your mate potted the reigning Brownlow medalist who you passed over to pick your spud Toumpas. You did like to pick the odd spud with top 5 draft picks back in the day didn't you?
I don't actually care who won the Brownlow. I don't even care that Clayton Oliver won the Coaches award, or that Petracca won the Norm Smith. I care that the Melbourne Demons won the premiership though.

By the way you should be very thankful your mob pissed their pants in the prelim last year, otherwise the 119 record would have been smashed.

averages 29 disposals in a year his team has been way down and with health problems. Is there any reason why Melbourne supporters have become such c8ckheads? Surely can't be puffing their chests out after 1 flag in 70 years with the last 20 being a boil on the arse of the afl? Surely.
why so defensive? Just because he plays for your club. He is incredibly slow, has lost all of his power. 21 possessions playing full time inside mid is terrible. he had 200 metres gained for the game. Hopeless.

I can't read that sentence because you don't know punctuation, just pointing out it's seven premierships in the last 70 years for the Dees, not one. I don't care if you think if they count or not? I was just correcting the error you made.

I don't actually care who won the Brownlow. I don't even care that Clayton Oliver won the Coaches award, or that Petracca won the Norm Smith. I care that the Melbourne Demons won the premiership though.

By the way you should be very thankful your mob pissed their pants in the prelim last year, otherwise the 119 record would have been smashed.

Nah, Ollie Wines would have eaten both Petracca and Clayton Oliver, ascended to his final form, and racked up 127 possessions kicking the winning goal with a bicycle kick over his head.

If you have a problem with my sentence construction on a football forum at 11pm on a Friday maybe we can compare professional writing? I'll send you a copy of my PhD thesis that was described by one examiner as 'pleasantly free of errors'. You can send me the fictional tale you're currently writing where I give a shit about what you think.

If you have a problem with my sentence construction on a football forum at 11pm on a Friday maybe we can compare professional writing?
What was your thesis on?
I hope it didn’t involve arithmatic.

Also curious on what Ollie’s final forn is. His current form looks a bit strange looking.

What was your thesis on?
I hope it didn’t involve arithmatic.

Also curious on what Ollie’s final forn is. His current form looks a bit strange looking.

Law mate. I'm just wondering do you think you're winning the argument? You jumped in to a comment where one of your supporters was potting the reigning best player in the comp who a) is averaging 29 odd touches (said he can't get the ball) and b) has had heart problems for half of his games. You come to his defence by pointing out that you have won one premiership in 58 years not 70 (sorry that I don't care enough to actually check) and some other pedantry about punctuation on a Friday night football game (again I don't care). Do you actually have anything useful to point out or are you content to add to the growing evidence that despite, being one of the smallest supporter bases, you have the biggest number of dickheads. Richmond and Hawthorn supporters at least took 2-3 flags to become a bunch of total flogs.

Law mate. I'm just wondering do you think you're winning the argument?
What argument? That Melbourne have won seven premierships in the last 70 years, and not one? That’s not an argument mate, it’s a fact. I’m sure you could look it up, what with a Masters in Law and all.
You jumped in to a comment where one of your supporters was potting the reigning best player in the comp who a) is averaging 29 odd touches (said he can't get the ball) and b) has had heart problems for half of his games. You come to his defence by pointing out that you have won one premiership in 58 years not 70 (sorry that I don't care enough to actually check) and some other pedantry about punctuation on a Friday night football game (again I don't care). Do you actually have anything useful to point out or are you content to add to the growing evidence that despite, being one of the smallest supporter bases, you have the biggest number of dickheads. Richmond and Hawthorn supporters at least took 2-3 flags to become a bunch of total flogs.
Ollie is not the best player in the competiton. At 27 he has one All-Australian selection and is behind at least half a dozen mids, probably more.

I don’t know why posters are trying to make excuses for Bulldogs losing tonight.
Bulldogs lost to the better team.
After last week we know that despite their bad start to the season Port are a good team. They proved that last week by beating a good St Kilda team, albeit in atrocious conditions.

After last week we know that despite their bad start to the season Port are a good team. They proved that last week by beating a good St Kilda team, albeit in atrocious conditions.
How many behinds did the Saints kick? That was a very lucky win.

I think Port are not very good. Bulldogs defence today was abysmal. I think most teams wouls have beaten Dog tonigjt.

What argument? That Melbourne have won seven premierships in the last 70 years, and not one? That’s not an argument mate, it’s a fact. I’m sure you could look it up, what with a Masters in Law and all.

Ollie is not the best player in the competiton. At 27 he has one All-Australian selection and is behind at least half a dozen mids, probably more.

So you have 1 AFL flag and one of any kind in the last 58 years? Can I blow you? Ollie Wines has 1 Brownlow Medal, an award he won with the equal most votes on record, making him the reigning best player in the competition, that's a fact. I said Phd, not Masters, albeit I have 1 of those as well. If you're going to be a pedant and try to act smarter than you are, I would expect you to know the difference. The fact that you don't makes you look foolish.

So you have 1 AFL flag and one of any kind in the last 58 years? Can I blow you? Ollie Wines has 1 Brownlow Medal, an award he won with the equal most votes on record, making him the reigning best player in the competition, that's a fact. I said Phd, not Masters, albeit I have 1 of those as well. If you're going to be a pedant and try to act smarter than you are, I would expect you to know the difference. The fact that you don't makes you look foolish.

You're the salmon that jumps on the hook

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Back