Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously you can do that, so what’s stopping everyone from plonking a mill and cashing out before the games played?
Seeing as they'll ban your account if you win too much, I wouldn't want to be putting much faith in how a sportsbetting company handles something like that.

Blues are a chance here.
Really depends on which players from our list of injured guys that are a 'test' actually get up for this game.
Even then, with no McKay, Walsh and Kennedy, it's still only a slight chance.
Will be happy if we can keep the score close and minimise the effect on our percentage, then focus on the remaining games, which are all winnable.
A win on Friday night would be nice, but will just take a bit of pressure off for the rest of the games. It won't make or break the season (that damage might already have been done between rounds 5 and 13, but it can still be undone in the remaining games).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously you can do that, so what’s stopping everyone from plonking a mill and cashing out before the games played?

How many people have a million dollars in cash to put that bet on?

How many bookies would even take it?

What happens if say Moore does a hammy and the odds on the Pies drift out? This would mean there's no opportunity to hedge the bet and you're in for the full million.

Nowhere near as simple as it all sounds.

How many people have a million dollars in cash to put that bet on?

How many bookies would even take it?

What happens if say Moore does a hammy and the odds on the Pies drift out? This would mean there's no opportunity to hedge the bet and you're in for the full million.

Nowhere near as simple as it all sounds.
Moore does a hammy?

In Frampton, we do a slight rejig, and we still have plenty in the bank to cover Carlton.

Smart money. The punter has probably already hedged or cashed out...

Early in the year I had a 5 leg multi
Panthers in NRL to make top 4 - Home
Ashcroft to win Rising Star - Nervous
Nick to win Brownlow - Quietly confident
Collingwood to make GF - So far so good
Charie Curnow to win Coleman - Leading

So I want Charlie to get 10, Nick to get 40 and 3 and Pies by a point:)

Early in the year I had a 5 leg multi
Panthers in NRL to make top 4 - Home
Ashcroft to win Rising Star - Nervous
Nick to win Brownlow - Quietly confident
Collingwood to make GF - So far so good
Charie Curnow to win Coleman - Leading

So I want Charlie to get 10, Nick to get 40 and 3 and Pies by a point:)
Wowee.

Odds of over 1000 to 1?

(Depends how early you got on Nick)

It's a bit mouthwatering, this one. I have grand memories of these 2 clubs going at it 50+ years ago, some great games between them, HaA and finals, champion players everywhere you looked both sides. Though while now Pies def the biggest gig in town, Blues are still a tad on the notsurewhatwegetthisweek side of ledger.

The ONLY prob for Pies, and it may not end up being a prob, is how long before a poor game? It is inevitable, better to happen soon than finals. Reference, RFC last HandA round loss to South, 1980, who else was there?, which dropped them from 1st to 3rd going into finals. Written off pretty quick in the press, as those gargoyles are want to do. But the loss regalvanised them and they blew all oppo away come finals. I get the same feel from Pies, a timely loss will drive them on.

The Blues will have motivation, just hope they don't get timid against the old foe. I'm not having any of the injuries stuff. They gotta stand up irrespective.

My other old man memory is when Tuddy took out Peter Macca in qtr 2 70 GF (I think?), and the 7 goal advantage was miraculously overcome H2. So another freak event like that may be needed to derail Pies this year.

As a side note to that game, my dear departed Mother, a toothless rabid Pies fan, so distressed by the loss, was coerced by her devout Hawthorn husband to switch sides immediately, with immediate benefits in 71. The mad things footy makes people do.

So much history with these 2 clubs, both of whom I don't much like, but don't ya love the history.

Having said all that, Pies will tackle them to death and win by 30 odd or more.

Put ya house on it if you are still fortunate enough to have one.

The calls in media about Mitchell being omitted from this side are crap, I think he has been so important to that side.

24/7 News cycle mate.

Need to push any and every possible story to try and get engagement from the audience.

Riling up the Pies fans with "Mitchell's getting dropped" gets them calling, texting, tweeting, commenting etc

KB was the master of it, Kane Cornes has taken the mantle and Hutchy makes sure that everyone he employs does it in different ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back