Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The game's umpired by cowards.
Well done to McRae, excellent coaching to drill into his players that in the final minutes of close games, when you play for Collingwood, do what you want. Throw it, drop it, hold off the ball, run over the mark. The cuckolds holding the whistle will let you do anything.
Evidentally still have to throw the ball to the umpire.

It really isnt when the seasons over
they lost a 'generational player' in part because they didnt win and had a losing culture. then they get shit hung on them then they do go out and win when people have been crying for years about teams losing on purpose. doing stuff to lose on purpose hurts your club a lot more in the long run than missing out on one player.

The St Kilda one wasn’t even intentional.
Horrible interpretation of the rule
Could have accepted it if he had of been asked to move back at least once. The moment he stood the mark the umpire paid 50 and killed the game.

Two Collingwood players run 5 metres over the mark and it is play on.

Memo is, if the game is close in the last 5 minutes make sure the AFL favoured team gets as much lee way to win as possible. If the umpire f'k's up the AFL will come out and say the free/ non free was incorrect. But only that one free/non free, none of the other 25 plus free kicks.

It is plainly obvious.

That non-50 call was up there with all time Umpire chokes alongside the time Zac Bailey was robbed down at Geelong

I had record breaking laughing reactions to my post when I said towards the end of the 2nd quarter that the umps were keeping North in it.

The 48 point lead at half time was a par score handicap, in the end even when they got out to 54 points early in the 3rd, it wasn't enough.

Hey Neutrals (or pies haters to be exact).....there are specials on Salt at Coles and Woolies. Better hurry and get on down.
im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny I was thinking to myself when the Roos were 50 up it's a 50/50 given how flukishly accurate they were, the Pies being comeback kings, and the scumpires. Turns out they get their regulation 1pt win. Should've put money on them.

Could have accepted it if he had of been asked to move back at least once. The moment he stood the mark the umpire paid 50 and killed the game.

Two Collingwood players run 5 metres over the mark and it is play on.

Memo is, if the game is close in the last 5 minutes make sure the AFL favoured team gets as much lee way to win as possible. If the umpire f'k's up the AFL will come out and say the free/ non free was incorrect. But only that one free/non free, none of the other 25 plus free kicks.

It is plainly obvious.
Which is exactly what happens throughout the game. Get a warning, step back.

What probably didn’t help was North played on immediately following the mark. Umpire still had time to give it though.

Grand Final will be Swans vs Pies, with all the big umpiring calls going Collingwood’s way. Oh, and at Collingwood’s home ground despite Sydney finishing higher on the ladder.

This league is engineered to achieve specific outcomes, and it works very well. Good luck Swans, you’ll need it.
Collingwood won't even make top 4 if they continue to play like that. Any other side would've put them away by 5+ goals.

Was there a bit of, er, tanking with subbing Phillips? Up to that point Teakle I would have thought would have been the likely one to sub.

Great comeback by the Pies but that was some seriously wrong umpiring. I can't believe that they could umpire different clubs and players on purpose so not sure what it is? Perhaps just a real lack of courage to make decisions that the crowd won't like. Very concerning. I think I'd be really upset if I was a North supporter.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was there a touched call or something because not 1 but 2 pies running 3m over the mark not called 50 is a disgrace otherwise

I was on level 2 right in front of it.

Was called a mark straight away, same umpire shit himself and just called play on, instead of 50 after the Collingwood players charged at Scott

Maybe the single worst “call” I’ve ever seen live at the footy.

As a Pies fan, I can't believe that 50 wasn't paid to Nth. There is putting the whistle away, and then there is completely pooing the bed and having a lack of internal fortitude to pay that.
Apologies to Nth fans, would have had a set shot 30 out to win it.
Kudos for admitting what many won't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Back