Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Cats v Hawks Sat July 6th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicilys DL% has been under 10-15% in the last two months. 16% last year. He is elite defensively whilst being able to dominate offensively, stop talking rubbish
Like I said, I almost guarantee Henry will score less goals while on a more accountable defender than the 3 or 4 a Sicily match up makes probable. Henry will be quiet. It's a win for the Hawks with this particular match up.

Don't you dare raise your voice at me.
Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hawks performed well without Sicily AND Scrimshaw against Port Adelaide in Adelaide the week after Port beat Geelong at GMHBA.

If June form lines carry into July then I'm confident Hawks will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dominate the midfield like we have been and we should win it. Strangely the skinny ground should actually suit us
And also Kardinia park hasn't really suited us we brought in Cameron and changed the game style up. Our win-loss is better there than elsewhere this year but if you normalise that for quality of the opposition you'll find we're probably a better mcg team.

Of all the algorithms and data sites that feed the Squiggle, only 2 of those 24 sites have the Hawks winning.

Cats at home with no Sicily to contain or lead our backline, Cats would have to be favorites.
Those algorithms almost always favour us regardless of the actual odds. There's some kind of bias in the data set but I don't know enough about it to understand it

Since Rd6 2007 Geelong have played Melbourne opposition at GMHBA 55 times for 50 wins (91% win rate)

In only two of those losses were Geelong the better ranked club (Melbourne 2015 and Carlton 2020)

So yes, a massive upset if Hawks win.
There's a selection bias there though, if the game is expected to be close it gets moved to the MCG. You're taking all the expected top 4 bouts out of it and leaving games against North melbourne in

Everyone is saying no Sicily no Hawthorn but I'm just looking at Will Days win-loss of 9-2 for the season where the only losses were to Sydney and a Port side away where you led all game bar the last 7 seconds.

I would be considering the hard tag there
We also won against St Kilda without him. Lost the Port game without Sicily and Scrimshaw

Would be genuinely disappointed if we don't win as we should control the midfield

We also won against St Kilda without him. Lost the Port game without Sicily and Scrimshaw

Would be genuinely disappointed if we don't win as we should control the midfield
Yeah our midfield is puss, but if we can at least pressure the ball carrier into turnovers we should get a bit of rebound. I really couldn't call the outcome

Cats should smoke us in a stroll.
We're due for an L, and the addition of Lewis into an unpredictable and very functional forward line doesn't come close to making up for the loss of Sicily.
Either way it's Hawks v Cats and as usual I've planned my weekend around it.

Far too many Hawthorn people on the concourse.
Would rather have not redeveloped at all if it meant letting more of these brown and gold peasants into the stands :sickv1:
200m to be nearly be outnumbered at your own stadium

Cats swing a late change, smartest man in the room at it again
late change was Knevitt out with illness and Clark back in.
Hardly a change based on taking the piss but nice try.

GO Catters

Back