Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Hawks v Pies Sat July 20th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-Coll.png

13th v 12th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 19
HAWTHORN V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY JULY 20TH 4:35PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
HAWKS

B: J. Impey, S. Frost, K. Amon
HB: W. Day, J. Scrimshaw, J. Sicily - C
C: F. Maginness, D. Moore, C. Macdonald
HF: J. Worpel, B. Hardwick, M. Chol
F: J. Ginnivan, C. Dear, J. Ward
FOLL: L. Meek, C. Nash, J. Newcombe

I/C: L. Breust, C. Jiath, J. Weddle, N. Watson, M. D’Ambrosio
EMG: J. Gunston, H. Morrison, C. Mackenzie

IN: F. Maginness, J. Ginnivan
OUT: C. Mackenzie (Managed), H. Morrison (Omitted)

MAGPIES
B: B. Maynard, D. Moore - C, I. Quaynor
HB: J. Noble, O. Markov, N. Daicos
C: S. Sidebottom, S. Pendlebury, J. Daicos
HF: B. Hill, D. McStay, J. Howe
F: J. Richards, P. Lipinski, J. Elliott
FOLL: D. Cameron, J. De Goey, J. Crisp

I/C: N. Kreuger, R. McInnes, W. Hoskin-Elliott, L. Sullivan, N. Long
EMG: B. Frampton, F. Macrae, J. Bytel

IN: D. McStay, J. Howe, L. Sullivan
OUT: H. Harrison (Managed), L. Schultz (Injured), B. Frampton (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

So much on the line in this one. Loser pretty much done for the year. Can’t rule out the Pies, who after three straight losses, will be absolutely breathing fire. Hope the Hawks get it done, but not confident.

I think we take at least reasonable confidence into just about any game against the colliwobblers. Hell, we came damn close to knocking them off earlier this year when our form was shitty and we were in the middle of our big opening losing sequence…

I think we take at least reasonable confidence into just about any game against the colliwobblers. Hell, we came damn close to knocking them off earlier this year when our form was shitty and we were in the middle of our big opening losing sequence…
Without Day and Dear as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but think that Collingwood are putting McStay's career in jeopardy by rushing him back so early. I mean he literally did an acl within days of (supposedly) recovering from a bad medial sustained in the gws prelim.
I wish him well (and would be posting this regardless of Collingwood's opponent this week) but to have a rupture in December and be back playing at AFL level in July is absolute madness. I know the majority of posters here will think I'm a moron but it honestly reminds me of the negligence Melbourne displayed with Schwarz's knee injuries back in the mid 90s.
Just put him on ice til the pre season ffs and give him the best chance to avoid re-injury.

End rant

Whatever the result, I kind of hope that Ginnivan shows up the absurdity of Collingwood's decision to trade him for peanuts and give up a first and second round draft pick for an underperforming midget in Schultz. It was a decision that ignored the obvious need to draft a high pick tall or a class midfielder.

I am currently watching the impressive Caddy play for Essendon. He was the 10th pick in last year's draft and is just the type we could have used this year and in the future. Unfortunately Collingwood officials had drunk too much of their own bath water when list decisions were made last year. The team which is replete with aging players is going to take several years before another opportunity arises to compete for a premiership. Hawthorn should win this game easily.

Weather may play a part MCG weather blustery and windy and wet with showers all match.
Be a slippery deck.
Be a game for the ground ball.
So may play a part.
Im not too sure on this one.
Another tough battle for the Pies.
It depends on the first centre bounce.
Win that clearence is all we need.
Win the first one.
Have intent.
Bring the heat and the Pies win by a scappy 9 points.

Whatever the result, I kind of hope that Ginnivan shows up the absurdity of Collingwood's decision to trade him for peanuts and give up a first and second round draft pick for an underperforming midget in Schultz. It was a decision that ignored the obvious need to draft a high pick tall or a class midfielder.

I am currently watching the impressive Caddy play for Essendon. He was the 10th pick in last year's draft and is just the type we could have used this year and in the future. Unfortunately Collingwood officials had drunk too much of their own bath water when list decisions were made last year. The team which is replete with aging players is going to take several years before another opportunity arises to compete for a premiership. Hawthorn should win this game easily.
Around 2016 I started to think premiership clubs should appoint / consult with an independent to make big list decisions...

Around 2016 I started to think premiership clubs should appoint / consult with an independent to make big list decisions...
Speaking from the grass that seems greener (someone whose team has aggressively gone to the draft but is yet to see their side secure a cup), I've always admired teams that are willing to take the gamble on extending their premiership windows. I think it's worth the risk given that going to the draft/rebuilding provides no guarantee of returning to the promised land. You have to give yourself as many bites of the cherry as possible. Yes in hindsight the Mitchell/O'Meara and Schultz (still too early to judge IMO) trades look a bit foolish, but there was also the possibility of doing what Geelong did in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Hawks v Pies Sat July 20th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Back