Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Hawks v Demons Sat March 23rd 4:35pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn kick it to Max Gawn tactic is one of the beautiful recurring things in footy.

During COVID we played then at GWS's ground so I got to see them.

It got to the point where Hawk supporters in the crowd were yelling "KICK IT TO GAWN" and then Bronx cheering when it happened.

Rory Lobb is the other player we loved kicking it to. Both routinely take more contested marks than the entire Hawk team.

How is Sam Mitchell a top 3 coach? What has he done for you to think this so early in his coaching career?
Nothing, of course - just a vibe. The reports were that he tactically had his pants pulled down by Brad Scott last week.

He has a lot of work to do to prove that he's better than maligned coaches like Simpson, Hinkley, Beveridge and Goodwin, let coaches who've taken their clubs to multiple grand finals/top four finishes/premierships (Clarkson, Hardwick, Fagan, Longmire, C.Scott) or the newer coaches who have been about as impressive as you could possibly wish for in 1-2 years in the job (McRae, Kingsley).

I'd love to know which nine of those coaches in the above paragraph they're putting Mitchell ahead of, with his 15-31 career record, zero finals, zero pressure and arguably zero games that really matter if we're being honest.

IMG_5858.jpeg IMG_5859.jpeg I think this will be closer than most think on a nice day for footy. If Melbourne let their guard down, Hawks are every chance of a boilover. If the Dees are at their best though, it could get ugly.

Hawks by 1pt to keep the season interesting!

Nothing, of course - just a vibe. The reports were that he tactically had his pants pulled down by Brad Scott last week.

He has a lot of work to do to prove that he's better than maligned coaches like Simpson, Hinkley, Beveridge and Goodwin, let coaches who've taken their clubs to multiple grand finals/top four finishes/premierships (Clarkson, Hardwick, Fagan, Longmire, C.Scott) or the newer coaches who have been about as impressive as you could possibly wish for in 1-2 years in the job (McRae, Kingsley).

I'd love to know which nine of those coaches in the above paragraph they're putting Mitchell ahead of, with his 15-31 career record, zero finals, zero pressure and arguably zero games that really matter if we're being honest.
He is also coaching what many regard as a current bottom 4 list that is also in the youngest few in the comp.
Most comment that they like what he is doing , he will get heat in a season or two as the team gets more games and expectations naturally rise .

And all games matter and every coach in professional sport has pressure on them

View attachment 1936821View attachment 1936822I think this will be closer than most think on a nice day for footy. If Melbourne let their guard down, Hawks are every chance of a boilover. If the Dees are at their best though, it could get ugly.

Hawks by 1pt to keep the season interesting!
Would be a lot worse for us if it wasn't a nice day for footy. We are hot garbage in the wet.

We haven't lost to the Hawks in 8 games or whatever, but they're always tough games.

My biggest concern is Goodwin plays all the talls in the one forward line and turns it into the classic demons bomb it long into a mass of players and we end up winning by 3 goals on expected score and losing the match by 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is also coaching what many regard as a current bottom 4 list that is also in the youngest few in the comp.
Most comment that they like what he is doing , he will get heat in a season or two as the team gets more games and expectations naturally rise .

And all games matter and every coach in professional sport has pressure on them

This is true but the other posters are right, Mitchell has done nothing of note to warrant his rating. At best you can say sometimes his team plays a good brand of football, but he loses two games for every game he wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Hawks v Demons Sat March 23rd 4:35pm AEDT (MCG)

Back