Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty if Pies didnt trade as much as they did for him, Schultz would not be getting a game at the moment. He is a absolute mile of it. Everytime he gets the ball he either fumbles or blind kicks it instantly

Ginnivan asid, as of 4 weeks ago Demattia should have been playing that role based of VFL form. If not him, then Ed Allan also . Schultz is just a absolute mile of it i cant imagine how those 2 shouldnt be ahead
Doesn’t fit their system

Honestly still can't fathom why Shultz left to go to the Pies, i'd hazard a guess he's been feeling that way too. Was amazing at Freo, and just can't match the pace of the game for large parts of the year.

We'll take the pick though

He’s now on a list that’s 1/3 30+ and about to cliff. The greatest trick [Freo] ever played was convincing the pies Shultz was a league footballer.

Not feeling sorry for him. Nor Acres or Cerra at Carlton. All three are passengers.

Idk man, I still have a soft spot for the guy - his best is amazing and never left anything out on the pitch for us. Amount of times he played injured too. Do think it's what he gets for jumping shit though

Doesn’t fit their system
100%. They want him to be creative as a half forward yet he cant kick or make a good decision. While he has tackled okay in the forward 50, its been at a lower level then at Freo as he is spending too much gas trying to get the ball. Feel like alot of his F50 tackles are brought about from him fumbling the ball and tackling the person who picks up his fumble

You need to do more as a HF or any forward then lay some tackles. If thats all you got going for you then you probably are more of a poor mans Ned Long

I think his size will always be a limiting factor when pressure ramps up. Merrett also suffers from the same issue.

You can't say that when a big contested win is required to be won that neither Daicos or Merrett will win it against the bigger bodies of Cripps, Heeney, Bontempelli etc.
Tell that to Brett Daniels last week...

it was worth Sydney winning to not have to hear BT keep saying that Collingwood is a great travelling side.
Has he ever heard of West coast 1992 and 1994.
He has heard of them Chadstar, but isn't a big enough dipstick to go back 30 years to bring some irrelevant side into it that has nothing to do with 2024. Keep your posts on topic and don't bring BOG average clubs into a discussion that has nothing to do with them.

Last edited:
Think About It GIF by Identity
Freo ! That trade.

A really reasonable conclusion considering the Swans board complains about who is umpiring the match even before the game begins.

Oh well, only beat a bottom 8 team. September will be a real reality check.
Imagine going from outright 2nd to missing finals in 2 months 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly still can't fathom why Shultz left to go to the Pies, i'd hazard a guess he's been feeling that way too. Was amazing at Freo, and just can't match the pace of the game for large parts of the year.

We'll take the pick though
i thought it was a huge loss for Freo but wow what a good pick you got for him

Lost by 22 points but those umpiring errors directly resulted in a 4 goal turn around. Hannebery even stated a few months ago he thought the game was badly umpired and I don't remember an ex-player ever saying that about a Grand Final they had played in before.
18-4 free kick count at one point with a lot of absolutely horrendous calls...but no impact on the result....

Not enough love for Mason Cox game tonight + his overall season when he has played. Feel he is the best rest forward ruck in the competition in regards to just the rucking part of the game. He slaughtered Grundy when he was up against him.

Pies should just give him a 2 year deal really. Plenty of life left in the guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back