Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 12 - Pies v Dogs Fri May 31st 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Defence is easier to cover.
If blues had everyone fit but curnow and McKay blues wouldn’t win as many games as with their current injury list
Naturally, but I wouldn't call MCStay a prime forward for Collingwood either as he has got bugger all runs on the board. But take out 2 coleman medallists, of course we would struggle

Last edited:
Naturally, but I wouldn't call MCStay a prime forward for Collingwood either as he hasn't got bugger all runs on the board. But take out 2 coleman medallists, of course we would struggle
Agreed, McStay’s PB is what - 30?

Charlie passed that last week
Harry is 2 away from that already

McStay is not one bit comparable to Harry or Charlie, but moreso comparable to Martin or Silvagni

EDIT:
His PB is 28, Harry has that already too

Pies depth and system just not up to it. The Dogs best 22 injuries were just as bad and they coped.

There won’t be any anomalies in 2024.

Heard the excuses all week about the Collingwood outs. Didn’t hear boo about the Bulldog injuries.

Yet the Bulldogs who were placed 12 on the ladder with 5 of their 10 best players out got the job done after a very shaky first quarter.

This off the back of losing two players to injury by half time.

May have been some VFL players out there, but young Sam Darcy is less than 20 games into his career too.

Who was missing from Collingwood’s backline?

Last edited:
Heard the excuses all week about the Collingwood outs. Didn’t hear boo about the Bulldog injuries.

Yet the Bulldogs who were placed 12 on the ladder with 5 of their 10 best players out got the job done after a very shaky first quarter.

This off the back of losing two players to injury by half time.

May have been some VFL players out there, but young Sam Darcy is less than 20 games into his career too.

Who was missing from Collingwood’s backline?
Collingwoods back line was missing Murphy and Frampton. We had to push Frampton forward to cover Cox. I think Frampton would have been the perfect match up for Darcy. BTW Darcy will be a star.

Agreed, McStay’s PB is what - 30?

Charlie passed that last week
Harry is 2 away from that already

McStay is not one bit comparable to Harry or Charlie, but moreso comparable to Martin or Silvagni

EDIT:
His PB is 28, Harry has that already too
I swear Carlton supporters have no idea about our forward line. Collingwoods forwards all pitch in to kick goals, apply pressure and work hard up the ground. McStay last year was very important for this.

I swear Carlton supporters have no idea about our forward line. Collingwoods forwards all pitch in to kick goals, apply pressure and work hard up the ground. McStay last year was very important for this.
I’m explaining how he is more of a 3rd tall option, which is fairly reasonable given he was that at Brisbane too. They even tried replacing him with another career 3rd tall.

I like the Pies system but McStay is just in no world comparable to McKay or Curnow

Last edited:
Back