Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Cats v Port Fri May 10th 7:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I blame the bad latex I imported/exported.
Wasn't me bruv.
Jerry sacked me with my dacks down.

images

where did I say he was a bad coach? go on show me.

No, the emotion thing made no sense. Tell me which top 8 teams are an emotional teams and which teams aren't an emotional team. Clearly it was his attempt to minimise their dominance.

why do you constantly defend him? I'm critical of Goodwin all the time. I'm critical of my own team all the time but for whatever reason you can't recognise it.

You got defensive 2 weeks ago when I said I thought the cats were overrated due to an easy fixture. literally 2 weeks late, I've been proven correct. You could just acknowledge that.

Where did I accuse you of saying that?

Why wouldn’t I defend him?

You pick at what he says based on little more than the fact that a guy in a press conference doesn’t give the answers YOU want him to give.

I couldn’t give a shit whether you’re critical of your team or not. I ragged on mine all the way through this thread last night. I’ve got no problem criticising the coach either. In hindsight playing Stanley was a pointless move and the sooner we move on from him altogether the better and either O’Connor or Mullin should have been assigned to JHF within ten minutes of the opening siren even allowing for Mullin being a sub, and the team clearly was ambushed.

Again, we’ve lost two games by a kick to two teams entrenched in the 8 and in one of those we came back from 50 points down. It’s not exactly the sign of a side that can’t play and I don’t think at any point anyone was saying that the comp was on a player for us.

Collingwood aren’t an emotional team. They play on control and the knowledge that their system will work. Sydney are the same. Your own team I would suggest despite the fact that your fullback has incredible issues controlling his own temper, are not an emotional team. Port and Carlton I would suggest are emotional teams. They get a sniff and they can be almost unstoppable at times and play frenetic football.

But you know what he was thinking so I’ll let you get back to your psychology practice

Where did I accuse you of saying that?

Why wouldn’t I defend him?

You pick at what he says based on little more than the fact that a guy in a press conference doesn’t give the answers YOU want him to give.

I couldn’t give a s**t whether you’re critical of your team or not. I ragged on mine all the way through this thread last night. I’ve got no problem criticising the coach either. In hindsight playing Stanley was a pointless move and the sooner we move on from him altogether the better and either O’Connor or Mullin should have been assigned to JHF within ten minutes of the opening siren even allowing for Mullin being a sub, and the team clearly was ambushed.

Again, we’ve lost two games by a kick to two teams entrenched in the 8 and in one of those we came back from 50 points down. It’s not exactly the sign of a side that can’t play and I don’t think at any point anyone was saying that the comp was on a player for us.

Collingwood aren’t an emotional team. They play on control and the knowledge that their system will work. Sydney are the same. Your own team I would suggest despite the fact that your fullback has incredible issues controlling his own temper, are not an emotional team. Port and Carlton I would suggest are emotional teams. They get a sniff and they can be almost unstoppable at times and play frenetic football.

But you know what he was thinking so I’ll let you get back to your psychology practice
Very good summation.

Too old, too slow, no rucks, no mid field, no defence, no depth. If ever a team has been found out big time it's Geelong. They will be lucky to win 3 or 4 more games for the year. Hawkins must do the right thing now and announce his retirement, it's at the embarrassing stage. In one way i'm happy about this, for a couple months they had me fooled, now i can just enjoy the footy. They're not very good.
Spot on. Great start to the year yes, but they are nowhere near it in 2024. If they could hold on and make the 8 and maybe win an elimination final it would be a terrific result

To be honest I didn't see anything last night that we didn't already know. Both Port and Geelong's best is good enough to challenge. Port aren't a genuine threat because they don't maximise their dominance often enough as they did in the first 40 minutes last night. Collingwood won the flag last year not just because they were the best team but because they maximised their periods of dominance. I still think Geelong are 1 of the 4 teams to beat but they do win a lot of games because of star factor.

Back