Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the Kenny benefit game from Geelong. We have given him an armchair ride to 2 prelims already.

I don't think Port have a lot at either end of the ground but their midfield is going to murder us and that will probably be enough.
And three ex-Cats on the Port list

Loser of this game will be out in straight sets IMO.
reading this line everywhere

I guess it doesn’t matter who wins, the real GF is being played in Melbourne Rd 1 finals and the rest of the clubs are merely lining up to lose to them in weeks 2, 3 and 4.

This is the Kenny benefit game from Geelong. We have given him an armchair ride to 2 prelims already.

I don't think Port have a lot at either end of the ground but their midfield is going to murder us and that will probably be enough.
People keep saying that. Yet we rate as the top defensive side this year.

reading this line everywhere

I guess it doesn’t matter who wins, the real GF is being played in Melbourne Rd 1 finals and the rest of the clubs are merely lining up to lose to them in weeks 2, 3 and 4.
Yeah. Hawks or dogs to lose. To bad they played like shit half the year and scraped into finals.

2 of the top 4 sides are port's b!tches. Geelong and Sydney cantr beat Port.. especially at AO
This one will get ugly. Port by 60+.. Geelong out in straight sets
Weird to link us in with them.

Sydney haven't beaten Port since 2016. We've beaten them 8 times in that period.

In saying that, Port should be winning this by 6+ goals.

Geelong need to match Port in the middle ( easier said than done). If they do their small forwards and Cameron can cause some problems.. It's probably the only way they can win...
Was at the ground on the weekend. Geelong has a stellar forward line. Henry and Cameron are a real handful. If you get on top in the middle then you could hurt Port Adelaide, however it was WC at KP. It’ll be quite interesting if Geelong bring their A game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the ground on the weekend. Geelong has a stellar forward line. Henry and Cameron are a real handful. If you get on top in the middle then you could hurt Port Adelaide, however it was WC at KP. It’ll be quite interesting if Geelong bring their A game.
The issue with Geelong this year is they can only play two good quarters of football in a match (taking it up to anybody). The other two quarters will be some combination of mediocre, poor or downright Richmond 2024-style uncompetitive. The first vs second halves of the last two games are an example, but we also saw it in the GWS game, the Port game and a whole stack of others. I don't see how you can get away with that in finals.

I think we'll either start fast then fade (like the game against Sydney) or get blitzed but then dog fight it out so that it isn't a 4 quarter avalanche. The Cats will have to buck their season trend to stay with such a good team for 4 quarters, unless....Port really crap the bed.

The issue with Geelong this year is they can only play two good quarters of football in a match (taking it up to anybody). The other two quarters will be some combination of mediocre, poor or downright Richmond 2024-style uncompetitive. The first vs second halves of the last two games are an example, but we also saw it in the GWS game, the Port game and a whole stack of others. I don't see how you can get away with that in finals.

I think we'll either start fast then fade (like the game against Sydney) or get blitzed but then dog fight it out so that it isn't a 4 quarter avalanche. The Cats will have to buck their season trend to stay with such a good team for 4 quarters, unless....Port really crap the bed.

Or do what we did against the Pies or Essendon or Brisbane and scrap it out for a half or so and then play 1-2 good quarters and hope they can’t go with us. Those matches were a while ago now admittedly and things have changed since then but I guess it’s what I will be pinning my hopes on

This is actually the most clear result for me - maybe along with the Brisbane Carlton game but Carlton did give Brisbane a scare in last year's PF. Then again Port have choked at home in big finals, notably the 2021 PF. But if Port play as they should, I think their midfield is too quick and agile for Geelong. Butters will be hard to contain. Houston out is a question mark though. Their main weakness is of course their forward line, so if it becomes a shoot out of the big forwards that's where Geelong could get on top, but I think the Power comfortably.

Or do what we did against the Pies or Essendon or Brisbane and scrap it out for a half or so and then play 1-2 good quarters and hope they can’t go with us. Those matches were a while ago now admittedly and things have changed since then but I guess it’s what I will be pinning my hopes on
I hope we can do that against what I consider better opposition than those sides, in a more hostile atmosphere.

It's possible but in my opinion Port would have to have a couple of shocking quarters themselves to drop to the lows of Collingwood and Essendon in those games.

Weird to link us in with them.

Sydney haven't beaten Port since 2016. We've beaten them 8 times in that period.

In saying that, Port should be winning this by 6+ goals.
Only thing that stops port winning this game and the flag is choking/mental weakness. its theirs to lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back