News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Dandrews said on his presser that the Vic government had come to an agreement to allow exemptions to professional sporting clubs (I.e AFL and Storm).
With no number restrictions?
How does that compare with other states?

My understanding is training is still limited to groups of 10 and the exemption they mention is in regard to using indoor facilities like gyms which are currently still not allowed for others.

'The caveat is that their training venues must not be accessible to anyone not associated with their organisations.
“If they’re using a training facility, an indoor gym for instance, or an outdoor area, it must be exclusively for them,” Andrews said.'

exclusive footage from afl house of gil preparing to address the media on victorian clubs getting back to training in squads:
giphy.gif

They were all after the season was suspended, and weren't breaking AFL rules, they were private issues.
Technically the North and Cats party wasn't breaking any rules, you were still allowed gatherings at home then, it was just viewed as inappropriate.

The difference is the Crows put the resumption of AFL games at risk by breaking rules put in place to help resume the competition.
As opposed to the other players who put the community at risk during the peak of cases.

Nothing to see here, move on

My understanding is training is still limited to groups of 10 and the exemption they mention is in regard to using indoor facilities like gyms which are currently still not allowed for others.

No doubt we will see Gil come out and say in the interests of fairness, we won't be starting until all players who have come back from interstate are out of quarantine

Merge the Suns and Carlton.. two negatives make a positive right?..

Merge Stkilda with GWS.

Force North Melbourne to move to Tassie..

Move the Bulldogs to Darwin..

Hey presto... fully national competition and some of the shit and/or financially unviable Victorian clubs are dealt with. Also achieves what the reduction in player lists to 35 would achieve in that some of the deadwood and shite players would be forced back to the second tier comps. 16 clubs means 88 less players than 18 clubs.

16 team comp.. re-negotiate the TV rights/media deals..

But the AFL are too gutless and Viccentric to do this..

And this is a discussion for a different thread... this is the ’pile on the crows’ thread!.. although.. it could be related because any large fine payed by the crows will more than likely go toward propping up the finances of the hopeless “welfare” clubs in Vicco!..
If you are going to have a team from a state, relocation won't work IMO. Create a new team for Tassie and NT and the people there will get behind it more than a Vic team

crows fans

trying to deflect from doing something irresponsible and wrong by pointing out Vicbias is selfish and wrong

it has nothing to do with what your club did wrong.

It doesn’t help to solve the vicbias issue. it makes the issue look like a big sook when there are real issues there that should be addressed.
Divide & conquer. The vA
If you are going to have a team from a state, relocation won't work IMO. Create a new team for Tassie and NT and the people there will get behind it more than a Vic team
And dump st kilda & north back to the vfl where they have a history.

My God some of the paranoia in this thread is off the charts, all teams will be treated equally in regards access to training and most of the posts in this thread will be appallingly laughable.
The whole thread and the hysteria created from a few blokes kicking a footy together is appallingly laughable..

The whole thread and the hysteria created from a few blokes kicking a footy together is appallingly laughable..

they broke the 14 day iso rules during a pandemic that has killed people and left many out of work.

Appalling is pretending that they did nothing wrong. Why do you have to do it? What’s so ****ing hard about admitting your club ****ed up and did the wrong thing here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the 29th of April -WA one new travel relates covid-19 case,SA one new travel related covid-19 case ,Victoria over 120 new covid-19 cases including plenty of community spread cases.
The AFL thinking it can restart a national sports competition under these circumstances is ridiculous.Hard borders in WA will stay and will not be compromised.

Last edited:
they broke the 14 day iso rules during a pandemic that has killed people and left many out of work.

Appalling is pretending that they did nothing wrong. Why do you have to do it? What’s so ******* hard about admitting your club f’ed up and did the wrong thing here?
Yep, there's been people in this thread bagging Victoria for not getting infections under control, and then it's 'nothing to see here' when their own players come back from Victoria and break state quarantine laws which are part of the reason their state did have infections under control.

Appalling is pretending that they did nothing wrong. Why do you have to do it? What’s so ******* hard about admitting your club f’ed up and did the wrong thing here?
Yawn... what a suprise that its you Philthy05 getting all flustered and your knickers all in a twist over this... you live your entire life searching for anything to bag out the crows over.. your hatred for all things the crows consumes you.. its shines through in so many of the posts you write On so many threads in this forum when it comes to the crows..

And as for me admitting the club the club ****ed up?... nice strawman.. go back through this thread.. I have and do admit they ****ed up and have even suggested a couple of different punishment the AFL could hand the crows.. No where have I said they didn’t **** up.

All I’m saying is that the hysterical nonsense and hand-wringing some people (i.e you) are ranting about over this fairly minor **** up is way over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn... what a suprise that its you Philthy05 getting all flustered and your knickers all in a twist over this... you live your entire life searching for anything to bag out the crows over.. your hatred for all things the crows consumes you.. its shines through in so many of the posts you write On so many threads in this forum when it comes to the crows..

And as for me admitting the club the club f’ed up?... nice strawman.. go back through this thread.. I have and do admit they f’ed up and have even suggested a couple of different punishment the AFL could hand the crows.. No where have I said they didn’t fu** up.

All I’m saying is that the hysterical nonsense and hand-wringing some people (i.e you) are ranting about over this fairly minor fu** up is way over the top.

Faaark me... give it rest will ya..

having a go at me for posting on a main board? Why couldn’t I post in this thread? My comment was relevant.

calling me flustered when I’ve made a simple rational comment is a stab at me and an attempt to derail the conversation

you called this hysterical and said it was a bunch of blokes kicking a footy.

I pointed out you broke 14 day iso rules in the middle of a serious pandemic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back