News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

The instructions (LOL, good one AFC) were apparently given to the Assistant Coach Ben Hart. He was the one who failed to read them or follow them according to the AFL ruling. That is why Ben Hart got the 6 week suspension and the players 1 week suspension was suspended.

Ben Hart is a born and bred Adelaide player.

Surely the time has come for AFC to stop pointing the blame elsewhere?

How many internal reviews does one club need to have ffs?

Ben Hart is a coach. I responded to a post about players.

But yes, Hart is as incompetent as they come. The difference between him and Burton is that he’s a nice bloke and isn’t toxic. We have comfortably the worst coaching group in the league.

You know.. it’s always amazed me how some supporters think.. And it’s shown in the arrogance displayed by some of the Richmond supporters here.

sure.. the crows are going through a poor patch at the moment and definately have some managerial issues but supporters like you carry on like this is an abnormal occurence.. nearly all football clubs go through periods like the crows are going through and all football clubs spend a few years in the bottom end of the ladder every now and then..

as a Richmond supporter.. you of all people should know this.. Richmond up until 2017 were shit for decades.. they finally made the right changes and have had some very successful years..

yet many of their fans, like yourself, are currently strutting around like prize ***** as if their club has never been poorly managed or gone through a rough patch in the past.. when history shows Richmond were a very ordinary club for a very long time. But they want us all to simply forget all those years ever happened.. whitewash them from history please..

as sure as night follows day.. the crows will be back up contending again in a couple of years and Richmond will fall back down the ladder.. the challenge for Richmond will be to ensure it’s stay down in the bottom end is much shorter next time round...

you should learn to be a little more humble..

.... somehow even now it can come back to a Richmond melt.

Focus on your own rabble mate. How do you think the AFL is going to negotiate with the SA government to allow players to fly in/out now??

Of course they’re actually returning interstate players who‘d returned home during covid. Almost all Victorians. We haven’t had them for long enough to correct everything. Give us time, we’re focussing on footy first, which we’re pretty bad at, so it’s taking up a lot of our efforts.
Give them a break, Starlin closed all the schools in Vic

We have comfortably the worst coaching group in the league.

No position to judge that.

But you are also one of the most financially secure clubs outside Melbourne. Huge support financially and strategically from corporate SA.

Just went through a strategic review to turn things on their head but still major issues.

What is the issue?

gaz on fox footy live:
"it involved more than two people which everyone in australia knows is against the distancing rules".
there's more to australia than victoria gazza you ABSOLUTE PEAK-*********
encapsulates a lot of issues with viccentric afl and afl media right there.
"Im not quite sure about the facts but im going to comment negatively anyway"

gaz on fox footy live:
"it involved more than two people which everyone in australia knows is against the distancing rules".
there's more to australia than victoria gazza you ABSOLUTE PEAK-*********
encapsulates a lot of issues with viccentric afl and afl media right there.
I don’t disagree with your assessment of Lyon as a talking head.

I believe him to be out of touch with the realities of the general public on the main. His vocal support of the players (and himself) in his statement that he wouldn’t even consider a 20% pay cut at the time (and the players shouldn’t either) when football club and foxtel staff around him were being laid off.

But please don’t make this a Victorian thing. This is a Gary Lyon thing.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of Lyon as a talking head.

I believe him to be out of touch with the realities of the general public on the main. His vocal support of the players (and himself) in his statement that he wouldn’t even consider a 20% pay cut at the time (and the players shouldn’t either) when football club and foxtel staff around him were being laid off.

But please don’t make this a Victorian thing. This is a Gary Lyon thing.
Gary Lyon is part of the VicBias media who were hell bent on seeing the crows given a ridiculous draft and financial sanction. This is a victorian thing.

Give them a break, Starlin closed all the schools in Vic

If you’re going to keep comparing Daniel Andrews to Communist historical figures can you at least learn how to spell their names correctly.

No position to judge that.

But you are also one of the most financially secure clubs outside Melbourne. Huge support financially and strategically from corporate SA.

Just went through a strategic review to turn things on their head but still major issues.

What is the issue?

The board and chairman for a start. But you look at our footy dept and it’s filled with average. I can’t see where the money goes. There’s a good chance that we’re bleeding cash from our non-footy operations and we don’t resource footy to the full spending cap. Fagan doesn’t go on record to dispel that concern. He always uses terms like “fully resourced”, but he never identifies against what measure. We’ll not improve until our culture of valuing mediocrity and tenure is consigned to the dust bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of my fellow Crows supporters getting cocky like we've just won a victory.

Our club has once again humiliated itself in front of the entire competition for no real good reason and we have been lucky to get a slap on the wrist and a ban to a coach who should be sacked anyway.

But this is not a win. This is just less of a loss than it could have been.

We are still making headlines and showing very clearly why for over a decade we have had a greater exodus of elite talent than any other club in the competition.
Are you for real? Ben Hart removed from coaching, even for a painfully short time, is an enormous win.

I could hear that in my bones.

Whately has become an insufferable parody of himself since moving wholly to commercial. Being the only semi-intelligent voice in the room has turbocharged his predilection for dressing up simple platitudes in sweeping, august language.
Can't agree with this enough. Just a hyperbolic dramatist these days.

I could hear that in my bones.

Whately has become an insufferable parody of himself since moving wholly to commercial. Being the only semi-intelligent voice in the room has turbocharged his predilection for dressing up simple platitudes in sweeping, august language.
August? Don't suppose you listen to Dan Carlin, the history podcaster? He's the only dude I've ever heard use that word in conversation. In any case, I like that word and plan to start using it. People around here who complain about me being verbose will come to hate me if they don't already.

I said all along that the 10 person rule was dumb and this should have just been a police matter.

But honestly how good are you crow fellas spent a week going on about vicbias and how the vfl has it in for you

Forward to today and a suitability soft punishment for a breach of a stupid rule and crows are out in force strutting around.

Look for that I'm with you.

I'd happy take Hart suspended for the next decade to 'send a message'
So don't you think... given he was the only authority figure there and that there were written instructions... that maybe he was to blame?

I agree the club bears some responsibility for continuing to employ such a liability.

August? Don't suppose you listen to Dan Carlin, the history podcaster? He's the only dude I've ever heard use that word in conversation. In any case, I like that word and plan to start using it. People around here who complain about me being verbose will come to hate me if they don't already.

Haha, how bizarre.

Indeed, I'm a massive fan but I hadn't noticed he used it a lot. I suspect that's because I had a religious upbringing and you encounter those sort of words more often than in common parlance. There's a lot of fantastic English in the KJV if not much else.

I've always felt that the occasional well-chosen word imbues your words with a degree of authority, while excessive verbosity is evidence of obfuscation - that the author's understanding of the topic isn't complete.

I said all along that the 10 person rule was dumb and this should have just been a police matter.

But honestly how good are you crow fellas spent a week going on about vicbias and how the vfl has it in for you

Forward to today and a suitability soft punishment for a breach of a stupid rule and crows are out in force strutting around.
Heaps good

Thanks for your input champ

Haha, how bizarre.

Indeed, I'm a massive fan but I hadn't noticed he used it a lot. I suspect that's because I had a religious upbringing and you encounter those sort of words more often than in common parlance. There's a lot of fantastic English in the KJV if not much else.

I've always felt that the occasional well-chosen word imbues your words with a degree of authority, while excessive verbosity is evidence of obfuscation - that the author's understanding of the topic isn't complete.
The definition of "excessive verbosity" seems to change depending on how insecure a person is about their vocabulary though. I've had people call me out for using some pretty simple words. Somebody once criticised me for using the word "ignoramus". I wasn't trying to be verbose, I've always referred to Robbo that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back