News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

"The clubs are disgusted. Every AFL club I've spoken to today cannot believe that the AFL wasn't harsher on the Crows," Wilson told Footy Classified.

How many clubs was that Caro, 1 or 2?

This whole thing is a joke, the media are desperate for a scandal.

You know.. it’s always amazed me how some supporters think.. And it’s shown in the arrogance displayed by some of the Richmond supporters here.

sure.. the crows are going through a poor patch at the moment and definately have some managerial issues but supporters like you carry on like this is an abnormal occurence.. nearly all football clubs go through periods like the crows are going through and all football clubs spend a few years in the bottom end of the ladder every now and then..

as a Richmond supporter.. you of all people should know this.. Richmond up until 2017 were shit for decades.. they finally made the right changes and have had some very successful years..

yet many of their fans, like yourself, are currently strutting around like prize ***** as if their club has never been poorly managed or gone through a rough patch in the past.. when history shows Richmond were a very ordinary club for a very long time. But they want us all to simply forget all those years ever happened.. whitewash them from history please..

as sure as night follows day.. the crows will be back up contending again in a couple of years and Richmond will fall back down the ladder.. the challenge for Richmond will be to ensure it’s stay down in the bottom end is much shorter next time round...

you should learn to be a little more humble..
I GET where Richmond has been. I KNOW how crap they have been. Some Richmond supporters seem to have forgotten this, but that is why I get genuinely frustrated when clubs like Adelaide are doing what they are doing right now. Why? Because I KNOW how it feels following a club that is poorly run and in shambles probably 3X more than the situation that Adelaide is in at the moment. You are assuming that I am coming from a place of "oh, look at these peasants stuffing up yet again" when it is not at all the case. I don't really hate Adelaide, but this is a club that needs to unify more than what it is across all levels (players, coaches, general staff etc). Again, do you disagree with this assessment? If so, then state your reasons and I'll agree/disagree depending on what my opinion is.

I get why you guys are being defensive about it. It's the club you support. Even I get annoyed sometimes when people bag or insult Richmond despite them just winning a Premiership. I acknowledge that there are Richmond supporters that are being arrogant towards others, but don't misinterpret why I am bringing this up. I am discussing this here because it is the main board where supporters from all teams can discuss the matters surrounding the teams of this competition. It isn't a platform to display my so-called "superiority" over others just because my team won the Premiership like you're insinuating. I am not the most knowledgeable in running the club so I am not dictating how Adelaide should run their club. I am offering my opinion and my assessment of Adelaide like any non-Richmond supporter does. Besides, I am not a Richmond player so I did not win any of Richmond's VFL/AFL Premierships. What in the world do I have to be arrogant about?

I GET where Richmond has been. I KNOW how crap they have been. Some Richmond supporters seem to have forgotten this, but that is why I get genuinely frustrated when clubs like Adelaide are doing what they are doing right now. Why? Because I KNOW how it feels following a club that is poorly run and in shambles probably 3X more than the situation that Adelaide is in at the moment. You are assuming that I am coming from a place of "oh, look at these peasants stuffing up yet again" when it is not at all the case. I don't really hate Adelaide, but this is a club that needs to unify more than what it is across all levels (players, coaches, general staff etc). Again, do you disagree with this assessment? If so, then state your reasons and I'll agree/disagree depending on what my opinion is.

I get why you guys are being defensive about it. It's the club you support. Even I get annoyed sometimes when people bag or insult Richmond despite them just winning a Premiership. I acknowledge that there are Richmond supporters that are being arrogant towards others, but don't misinterpret why I am bringing this up. I am discussing this here because it is the main board where supporters from all teams can discuss the matters surrounding the teams of this competition. It isn't a platform to display my so-called "superiority" over others just because my team won the Premiership like you're insinuating. I am not the most knowledgeable in running the club so I am not dictating how Adelaide should run their club. I am offering my opinion and my assessment of Adelaide like any non-Richmond supporter does. Besides, I am not a Richmond player so I did not win any of Richmond's VFL/AFL Premierships. What in the world do I have to be arrogant about?

most of us are still suffering PSTD and there have been a hell of a lot of Richmond flogs who have repeatedly put the boot in

plenty overreact to it, but let's not forget that the media and some posters were legitimately talking about taking away draft picks from us - It's hard not to feel unjustly targeted in such a situation

Mate.. i grew up following the Tigers in the SANFL and Richmond in the VFL.. my primary school sporting mascot was a tiger.. our colours were black and gold.. I grew up living and breathing all things Black and Gold and tiger..

I stopped following the tigers in the VFL when the crows were formed mainly because all my footy heros (tiger guys like mcdermott and mcguiness) went to play for the crows.

But I still have a soft spot for Richmond..

Im stoked for the Richmond club and its success over the past few years..

Im just pointing out that some of its supporters should show a little more humility and be a bit more humble given Richmond last couple of decades..

Maybe I made an assumption about you too quickly.. for that I apologise.. but some of the hubris that has come from Richmond supporters in the last few years is just amazing given the struggles of the club in its last couple of decades.

"The clubs are disgusted. Every AFL club I've spoken to today cannot believe that the AFL wasn't harsher on the Crows," Wilson told Footy Classified.

The media are the disgrace.
Selective cherry picking.

Gary Lyon is part of the VicBias media who were hell bent on seeing the crows given a ridiculous draft and financial sanction. This is a victorian thing.
OK we'll cop that, but what ever Kane Cornes says is a SA thing.

most of us are still suffering PSTD and there have been a hell of a lot of Richmond flogs who have repeatedly put the boot in

plenty overreact to it, but let's not forget that the media and some posters were legitimately talking about taking away draft picks from us - It's hard not to feel unjustly targeted in such a situation
For some reason the Crows are the whipping boys of the AFL at the moment. I legit don't know what they have done wrong, it's most likely a SA-Vic thing.

GC camp - sure, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as the Essendon cheating and that's been glazed over, no lingering issue with that. Players were put offside, but the AFL and AFLPA looked into it and nothing to see here.

Genuine mistake this week because we have a numpty running a drill - it's a consequence of not getting good coaches to the club. We cop that.

The club doesn't treat members well, but what's that got to do with other clubs?

The yoga stance? Just becuase the GF was a disaster, we still used that in the previous 2 finals and smashed the oppo. Can't say it wasn't at least semi-successful

Every fan I've spoken to can't believe the s**t the media are making up to make themselves feel relevant

No position to judge that.

But you are also one of the most financially secure clubs outside Melbourne. Huge support financially and strategically from corporate SA.

Just went through a strategic review to turn things on their head but still major issues.

What is the issue?
Who was in charge during the Tippett disaster and let Trigg stay on?
Who was in charge during the Burton years and burried their head in the sand for 2 years?
Who was in charge when a board member told their players they'd be delisted if they didn't attend hubs?
Who was in charge when the most inexperienced coaching panel was assembled?

There's your answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK we'll cop that, but what ever Kane Cornes says is a SA thing.
I think Kane’s problem is that he’s a very insecure person who desperately needs attention or he feels neglected and unworthy..

He also hasn’t got the talent to actually make a name for himself without resorting to using sensationalist and provocative comments to draw the attention to him..

Its sad really.. I honestly don’t think he himself even believes half the shite he rants and raves about but he obviously feels compelled to put it out there in a desperate “look at me, look at me” grab for attention.

I think Kane’s problem is that he’s a very insecure person who desperately needs attention or he feels neglected and unworthy..

He also hasn’t got the talent to actually make a name for himself without resorting to using sensationalist and provocative comments to draw the attention to him..

Its sad really.. I honestly don’t think he himself even believes half the shite he rants and raves about but he obviously feels compelled to put it out there in a desperate “look at me, look at me” grab for attention.
From what i hear, he's a chip off the old block.

For some reason the Crows are the whipping boys of the AFL at the moment. I legit don't know what they have done wrong, it's most likely a SA-Vic thing.

GC camp - sure, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as the Essendon cheating and that's been glazed over, no lingering issue with that. Players were put offside, but the AFL and AFLPA looked into it and nothing to see here.

Genuine mistake this week because we have a numpty running a drill - it's a consequence of not getting good coaches to the club. We cop that.

The club doesn't treat members well, but what's that got to do with other clubs?

The yoga stance? Just becuase the GF was a disaster, we still used that in the previous 2 finals and smashed the oppo. Can't say it wasn't at least semi-successful
I think there are some in the media (Caro and a couple of the Croc media crew) who believe that the crows were responsible for Rucci losing his Chief football writer position at the Advertiser.. Rumours were the club complained about his horribly biased coverage agains the club and soft touch towards his beloved port adelaide who he now has a role with..

I’m not sure he was even sacked from the position.. but this constant barrage of attacks from some of his fellow “journalists” seems to really start about the same time as Rucci’s change of employment..

Attack the media and you’ll quickly become their whipping boy..

There's your answer

OK. I get it - the buck stops at the top.

But my view is that with a few notable exceptions the Chairs/Presidents of footy clubs are figureheads appointed from outside the footy world and not closely involved in the operational or strategic decisions and appointments, other than the appointment of the CEO.

Chapman is very influential around Adelaide when it comes to dealing with governments, corporate leaders etc. But I just don't see him being the person driving the decisions around a footy club that led to those things you mentioned.

Yes, I get that may be part of the problem and a stronger chair he should have been more proactive in taking corrective action but that is not the way he works.

Adelaide is a very strong club and a big fish in a the small pool of SA/Adelaide, with lots of very influential and powerful local identities within it. As an outsider I am just baffled why, if the Chair/CEO combo isn't working and hasn't done so for years, then why hasn't action been taken to correct it? The obvious answer is that politics within the organisation (outside of the Chair and CEO) is the real culprit but that is just a guess.

OK. I get it - the buck stops at the top.

But my view is that with a few notable exceptions the Chairs/Presidents of footy clubs are figureheads appointed from outside the footy world and not closely involved in the operational or strategic decisions and appointments, other than the appointment of the CEO.

Chapman is very influential around Adelaide when it comes to dealing with governments, corporate leaders etc. But I just don't see him being the person driving the decisions around a footy club that led to those things you mentioned.

Yes, I get that may be part of the problem and a stronger chair he should have been more proactive in taking corrective action but that is not the way he works.

Adelaide is a very strong club and a big fish in a the small pool of SA/Adelaide, with lots of very influential and powerful local identities within it. As an outsider I am just baffled why, if the Chair/CEO combo isn't working and hasn't done so for years, then why hasn't action been taken to correct it? The obvious answer is that politics within the organisation (outside of the Chair and CEO) is the real culprit but that is just a guess.
It sounds like Chapman is a very collaborative leader, and there are plenty of second chances where there shouldn't be. So that has lead to a lack of accountability and 'backing the boys in'.

That's a good way to go in general, but when you have the Tippett disaster you don't bring Trigg back. That's just a terrible decision.

Then the GC camp the authorities just burried their head in the sand or didn't honesty from the players, which was shown on field

I think there are some in the media (Caro and a couple of the Croc media crew) who believe that the crows were responsible for Rucci losing his Chief football writer position at the Advertiser.. Rumours were the club complained about his horribly biased coverage agains the club and soft touch towards his beloved port adelaide who he now has a role with..

I’m not sure he was even sacked from the position.. but this constant barrage of attacks from some of his fellow “journalists” seems to really start about the same time as Rucci’s change of employment..

Attack the media and you’ll quickly become their whipping boy..
I understand they are correct.

Fox New reports

The definition of "excessive verbosity" seems to change depending on how insecure a person is about their vocabulary though. I've had people call me out for using some pretty simple words. Somebody once criticised me for using the word "ignoramus". I wasn't trying to be verbose, I've always referred to Robbo that way.

I quite often get accused of sesquipedalianism too.

is there a word that can be used to describe when a particular word takes on the qualities that match its definition?

If there is I'm not aware of it. That would be a pretty cool word too.

Sesquipedalianism is my favourite word for that reason, the irony of it all, and its not very often you get to use it so had to reply to Mr_Moogle when I had the chance.

I said all along that the 10 person rule was dumb and this should have just been a police matter.

But honestly how good are you crow fellas spent a week going on about vicbias and how the vfl has it in for you

Forward to today and a suitability soft punishment for a breach of a stupid rule and crows are out in force strutting around.
Trolling Crows fans isn't going to get you the jail time and 20k fines you wanted. Maybe you should just take the L and move on. I'm sure the footy media will manufacture a new scandal any day now.

Trolling Crows fans isn't going to get you the jail time and 20k fines you wanted. Maybe you should just take the L and move on. I'm sure the footy media will manufacture a new scandal any day now.

Reading isn't Crows fans strong point is it, I said that was the maximum possible.

You guys like to gloat about not having any infections but then excuse blokes for not doing the mandatory 14 days isolation for returning travellers.

But reactions like this is really driving home my point about you all swinging your dicks around after the fact, it's like the opposite of the grand final where you crawled back into your holes after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back