News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of my fellow Crows supporters getting cocky like we've just won a victory.

Our club has once again humiliated itself in front of the entire competition for no real good reason and we have been lucky to get a slap on the wrist and a ban to a coach who should be sacked anyway.

But this is not a win. This is just less of a loss than it could have been.

We are still making headlines and showing very clearly why for over a decade we have had a greater exodus of elite talent than any other club in the competition.

And the outrage has occurred on Fox Footy Live.

Totally unexpected the exVic players (Lyon, Healy and Reiwoldt) are upset with the penalty whilst the only non-Vic player says the penalty is ok. Who would have thought the Vic commentators have been made to look foolish. Fantastic.
God you are like a 1980's 'kickavic' baby

Lots of my fellow Crows supporters getting cocky like we've just won a victory.

Our club has once again humiliated itself in front of the entire competition for no real good reason and we have been lucky to get a slap on the wrist and a ban to a coach who should be sacked anyway.

But this is not a win. This is just less of a loss than it could have been.

We are still making headlines and showing very clearly why for the past decade we have had a greater exodus of elite talent than any other club in the competition.

The only reason it is making headlines is because it is the Crows.

Where was the outrage for days when Hunter broke social distancing rules, got in a car well over the limit and smashed four cars?

Where was the outrage for days when Hunter broke social distancing rules, got in a car well over the limit and smashed four cars?

The clear difference is that one was a player going rogue. This was players acting under the direction of a coach at our club.

If you can't see why those things are very different levels of severity you're being intentionally ignorant.

The clear difference is that one was a player going rogue. This was players acting under the direction of a coach at our club.

If you can't see why those things are very different levels of severity you're being intentionally ignorant.

Where two other players aware of this? I think so.

I see the difference, do you? I just don’t understand the moral outrage. Lachie Hunter could have actually injured and killed people.

The coach was Ben Hart. Enough said.

Where two other players aware of this? I think so.

I see the difference. I just don’t understand the moral outrage.

The coach was Ben Hart. Enough said.

Ok let's draw a parallel to another industry.

If one teller at a bank steals your money, it's a bad look for the bank but ultimately the responsibility falls on that rogue teller and they are the ones who police investigate and punish.

When a national manager tells all tellers and other employees to steal money, you get a banking royal comission.

Ok let's draw a parallel to another industry.

If one teller at a bank steals your money, it's a bad look for the bank but ultimately the responsibility falls on that rogue teller and they are the ones who police investigate and punish.

When a national manager tells all tellers and other employees to steal money, you get a banking royal comission.

And that is why Ben Hart has been suspended for 6 weeks.

Given they were in isolation no-one else from the club could go up. Not sure who else you can blame other than Hart.

There was MULTIPLE threads with pages & pages of outrage on it when it occurred..... and Hunter still placed the competition at less risks than the Crows training session.

My question is.. if the crows made the rules clear

and the rules were being followed regarding only 2 players training at a time..

how do 16 players come together for a kicking drill under harts orders?

Tbh I have no idea. But here's how I think it went:

SAPOL/SA Govt Breach:

The players were on the Tanunda Pines Golf Course (which is how they were found guilty of SA Govt covid-19 quarantine restrictions by SAPOL). They should have been inside their hotel rooms under their quarantine restrictions. Guilty as charged. Warning and a good talking too issued. Case closed on that.

Now to the AFL breach:

Apparently they started out spread out over 2 fairways but in pairs. No Breach.

Then they split into 2 groups of 8:

- One group did an 8 minute running group, in pairs. No Breach.

- The other group did an 8 minute kicking drill as a group, under Hart. This was a clear breach of the AFL rules.

Then the groups swapped.

Crows management provided copies of the instructions issued to Hart for training which made it clear training would be restricted to pairs only. Those instructions were provided to AFL as evidence. Hart agreed he received those instructions and failed to follow them to the letter.

There was MULTIPLE threads with pages & pages of outrage on it when it occurred..... and Hunter still placed the competition at less risks than the Crows training session.

If this very minor breach puts the competition at risk then the whole thought of having a season is in jeopardy - this is going to happen again. Guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Fred is now basically just port and richmond nuffs feeling sad.

Drown your sorrows in a nice Barossa shiraz.

Here you go - 23 pages worth.

As for days? Happened on 17 Apr last post 08 May so... 21 days of outrage?

I’m talking about the media, not Big Footy.

...well that might be a question for the SA media then. Because here in Melbourne the Hunter saga was pretty big news. The difference was the punishment came down pretty quickly so it only lasted 2-3 days.

If this very minor breach puts the competition at risk then the whole thought of having a season is in jeopardy - this is going to happen again. Guaranteed.

The punishment may be ‘minor’, but it doesn’t make the action any less stupid.

The players & the club put the whole competition at risk because the AFL is trying to convince multiple State governments to allow for exemptions to allow the AFL to re-start. If the SA government doesn’t allow the Crows players (or any other footballers) to fly back into SA from interstate without self-isolating, I know who I’m going to blame.

When the AFL announces that it’s been unable to get exemptions from SA & WA for players to fly in/fly out & those four clubs will be forced to move to another state to continue to play BigFooty will be an absolute melt fest.

Smashing into 4 cars while drunk and actually breaking social distancing laws vs a few players kicking to each other for 10 minutes in an area quarantined to the public? Ok. I just have a couple of questions for you, how did you get Sam Mclure’s number when you were on the golf course? How is he taking the news?

I wonder if it was Victorian team's who could train in larger groups and did but interstate sides couldn't this would be an issue ?

I'm sure the old ' it's good for the game ' and ' just get over it ' lines would be the afl narrative.

Same lines the VFL uses for the competitive advantage of a MCG grand final

...well that might be a question for the SA media then. Because here in Melbourne the Hunter saga was pretty big news. The difference was the punishment came down pretty quickly so it only lasted 2-3 days.

The punishment may be ‘minor’, but it doesn’t make the action any less stupid.

The players & the club put the whole competition at risk because the AFL is trying to convince multiple State governments to allow for exemptions to allow the AFL to re-start. If the SA government doesn’t allow the Crows players (or any other footballers) to fly back into SA from interstate without self-isolating, I know who I’m going to blame.

When the AFL announces that it’s been unable to get exemptions from SA & WA for players to fly in/fly out & those four clubs will be forced to move to another state to continue to play BigFooty will be an absolute melt fest.
Yes, you could quite clearly see the anger from Dan Andrews and Steven Marshall today when they spoke about the issue... oh wait, Andrews is now allowing AFL clubs to train like SA clubs?

vs a few players kicking to each other for 10 minutes in an area quarantined to the public?

How many times do you need to be told? It was in an area open to the public - the Tanunda Pines Golf Course. That's why they were found guilty of breaching SA covid-19 restrictions by SAPOL.

That is unrelated to the AFL investigation and findings btw.

I wonder if it was Victorian team's who could train in larger groups and did but interstate sides couldn't this would be an issue ?

I'm sure the old ' it's good for the game ' and ' just get over it ' lines would be the afl narrative.

Same lines the VFL uses for the competitive advantage of a MCG grand final

VFL doesn't play it's Grand Final at the MCG. Last year it was at Princes Park in the past it's been at Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back