Preview AFL Rd 11 - Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG Mon 10/6/13 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be Melbournes last ever queens bday aftr what where going to do to them!

I hardly think skipping to a 6-8 goal lead early and then coasting through the rest of the match, ala every match against weak opposition of late, is going to effect it much...

For those calling for Blair to be dropped/rested a few stats for the little man. 5th in Disposals, equal 4th in goals and most accurate, 1st in tackles, 4th in frees for and probably amongst the best for frees against considering he has played all games, ie less than 1 free against per game.

For those calling for Blair to be dropped/rested a few stats for the little man. 5th in Disposals, equal 4th in goals and most accurate, 1st in tackles, 4th in frees for and probably amongst the best for frees against considering he has played all games, ie less than 1 free against per game.

Blair is a good, hard player.

I think that we need to dee-stroy next week. 10% atleast. No mercy.

IN: Cloke, russel
OUT: Clarke, lynch.

We dont want to be resting players yet. We need to find form first. But lynch needs to kick some goals in VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an indictment that is for our team that equal 4th for goals after 10 games is less than a goal a game.

Not having a go at Blair so much here but it shows how inept our forward line is, and how our midfield isn't assisting it as much as it did last year, Beams and Thomas out obviously doesn't help the latter though.

Here's our leading goal kickers;

26 - Cloke
17 - Elliott
11 - Sidebottom

Let's look at some of the problem forwards;

Krakouer - 5 games - 6 goals = NOT GOOD ENOUGH (One bag of 3 makes that 3 goals in other 4 games)
Lynch - 10 games - 4 goals = TERRIBLE RETURN
Sinclair - 5 games - 2 goals = No wonder he's in the VFL

Midfield assistance;

Pendles = 10 games - 9 goals - almost a pass mark
Blair = 10 games - 9 goals - same as Pendles, a little low but ok
Dwyer = 9 games - 9 goals = good return for a first year player

You can see though that we only have 2 consistent goal scorers, and then it drops off significantly.

I don't know what the answer is because we won't drop Lynch, that clear to see, because he should have been dropped weeks ago if he was being judged on goals.

What an indictment that is for our team that equal 4th for goals after 10 games is less than a goal a game.

Not having a go at Blair so much here but it shows how inept our forward line is, and how our midfield isn't assisting it as much as it did last year, Beams and Thomas out obviously doesn't help the latter though.

Here's our leading goal kickers;

26 - Cloke
17 - Elliott
11 - Sidebottom

Let's look at some of the problem forwards;

Krakouer - 5 games - 6 goals = NOT GOOD ENOUGH (One bag of 3 makes that 3 goals in other 4 games)
Lynch - 10 games - 4 goals = TERRIBLE RETURN
Sinclair - 5 games - 2 goals = No wonder he's in the VFL

Midfield assistance;

Pendles = 10 games - 9 goals - almost a pass mark
Blair = 10 games - 9 goals - same as Pendles, a little low but ok
Dwyer = 9 games - 9 goals = good return for a first year player

You can see though that we only have 2 consistent goal scorers, and then it drops off significantly.

I don't know what the answer is because we won't drop Lynch, that clear to see, because he should have been dropped weeks ago if he was being judged on goals.

It depends if Bucks thinks Jolly can ruck 90% of the time if not who is the alternative to lynch? I think where Bucks has been let down is the spread of goal kickers .

Is it worth risking a guy like Darren Jolly, in great form so maybe dont want to lose that but he isnt required for a win and id struggle to agree with the argument hed lose form over one week off esp when he has dogs, port coming up ect

M.Clarke for me didnt show anything as to why he should hold his spot or return to the side (Eg: wasnt initially picked).

Not sure who else would need a rest wont surprise to see a Swan, Pendles, Blair, Q.Lynch(Dropped maybe?) rested (one of them)

Paine, Hudson/Witts, Dwyer, Russell (if fit) to come back in

Sorry for invading i just want to talk footy and dont want my boy KMART getting dropped

It's strange, from the training sessions i've been to Lynch has slotted every one he's gone for, but on the field he's having issues. I reckon it might be not taking the glove off when he's lining up for goal that's effecting his ball drop, you saw what happened when he took it off while lining up against Geelong.

He took the glove off for one kick then kept it on for the next. Both missed. I think that it is more his kicking action when shooting for goal, ball drop and follow through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 11 - Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG Mon 10/6/13 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back