AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet Williams ran him down with no trouble.
My point was he looks like he doesn't care and doesn't change speeds all that often...if ever.

Marley is clearly quicker than Young and Blease was in cruise because he felt he was in space. I agree that Young isn't quick wont disagree on that, however he's far from a lost cause. This is only his second year on the senior list because he was only drafted at the end of 2010 so why don't we give him another 15-20 games before we decide to flick him.

Marley is clearly quicker than Young and Blease was in cruise because he felt he was in space. I agree that Young isn't quick wont disagree on that, however he's far from a lost cause. This is only his second year on the senior list because he was only drafted at the end of 2010 so why don't we give him another 15-20 games before we decide to flick him.

Fair point mate, I just really don't rate the guy but see how he turns out I guess.

Congratulations on the win, your guys were far too good today with the spread being the biggest difference between us. Glad we managed to at least make you work for it after the first quarter.

Solid effort today. Good games from Sinclair, Williams and Young. Blair, Beams and Sidey continue their outstanding form. Tarrant played a full game. Wellingham's spoil on Clark then gather was possibly my favourite 5 seconds on the year.

Nah. Was playing well within himself today. No need to go to hard 1st game back. Didn't cost us the game and he gets a game under his belt.

Agree with this. Taz really looked like he had been told not to get injured today. Didn't really extend himself all that often. But it was great to see him back. When Reid comes back in we have the luxury of being able to consider Taz as a forward, but for teams like West Coast with good height down forward, we probably go with him as a defender. When there is no matchup he can swing forward.

Great to be at the top again.

Thought all the young blokes did really well again.

But f@#k me....Tom Young is a muppet. Shows no heart, dumb decision making and looks like he is running on a treadmill all the time.

DELIST!!!!!

Today he kept Brad Green to 7 possessions for the game, no goals. He also won a couple of nice contests when it looked like the Dees were gonna get away. He has clean hands and neat disposal, and looks composed in a contest. Is a bit one paced but only about 3 people on our team could have caught Blease when he ran away in the last.

Far from a poor performance, especially considering it was his fifth game of AFL.

Rounds will go, Josh Thomas may be given another year as he is a gun.
Buckley, hard to say...Bucks seems to like him.
I think he's a chance to go, but that's just my opinion.
Thing is, nobody knows he is a gun at AFL level (maybe at VFL level, but so is Tom Young and you lover him so much in the seniors :rolleyes:) obviously because he is ALWAYS injured. No way he'll be staying on. 3 years on a senior list without a game and chronic injuries is not a good sign.

Delist Swanny after he played 5 games while we are at it

Jeez there is some over the top jerks on this forum, probably never played the game either

Reasonably happy today, backline was a touch loose but the mids are kicking arse, Beamsies use of handball gives us some real creativity we lacked from stoppages

Some good signs up forward too

They don't suspend people for tripping IIRC.
Rule 19.2.2. (g)(iii) - intentionally, recklessly or negligently tripping another person whether it be by hand, arm, foot or leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for Larkins to say he'll be out for 2 years...
Not sure what that means in terms of weeks out, makes mention that its the same injury which put him out for 2 months during the pre-season. Given its not as severe im guessing 4-6 weeks hopefully??

Just watched the highlights of the game on 'the club' how good was Swanny owning watts on the forward flank, then out marking him and goaling, then getting on the lip! Seemed like they had been having words

Remove this Banner Ad

Back