AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Maxwell has been on our list for 10 years and is still an average battler at best, how does he not get scrutinised on yet an another spud of a performance today,all he does is make sure the grass is well manicured around the 50 metre arc, weak one on one and does not get anywhere near enough of the ball as a loose man in defence.

Maxwell has been fantastic this season. He played his worst game of the year today though. He was constantly found out of position and was not playing smart like he usually does. Funnily enough, its not the first bad game he has played against Melbourne. Reckon he might not like playing the Dees.

Every one of our defenders was ordinary today. The only guy that played somewhat ok was Buckley, and he wasn't that great either. All of Tarrant, Brown, Mawell, O'Brien, Young would be disappointed with their performances, while Marley Williams was a solid tryer, but made a few mistakes (positioning) that cost us a bit.

Mate Sinclair had plenty of up side, his tackling and pressure was outstanding early on and has been all year. Yes his kicking let him down but he had heaps of upside.

Young has shown zero, nothing at AFL level compared to Sinclair who clearly has from the outset.
Why is he no chance of being delisted? Farmer was delist after one year and then Rookied. Young is a huge chance to be cut from the senior list considering 3 need to go.

Who would you delist before him champ?

Farmer was delisted because he could barely get a kick in the VFL. Young on the other hand is getting games in the seniors. I'd get rid of Rounds, Josh Thomas and Buckley before Young. Johnno will probably retire as well. No need to make massive list changes this year given the turnover we've had the last 2 years as well as a number of impending retirements.

Happy to get the win. Melbourne worked hard enough to earn respect. Sylvia is a sniper. Our young guys bring me so much joy.

+1 to the poster who said we should savor this while it lasts.

Farmer was delisted because he could barely get a kick in the VFL. Young on the other hand is getting games in the seniors. I'd get rid of Rounds, Josh Thomas and Buckley before Young. Johnno will probably retire as well. No need to make massive list changes this year given the turnover we've had the last 2 years as well as a number of impending retirements.

Rounds will go, Josh Thomas may be given another year as he is a gun.
Buckley, hard to say...Bucks seems to like him.
I think he's a chance to go, but that's just my opinion.

Young looks like he is in the same gear all of the time mate.

Looks like. Look like being the key.
Scott Pendlebury looks a little that way too. In fact Pendles makes the game look easy too, does that make it easy?

Young wasn't great today, but I couldn't question his effort. I was surprised by his lack of pace in that foot race, but you could see that he just didn't have the speed to catch him. Similar to Marty Clarke a few times today.

Those bagging Tommy Young, please step back. He played a good game today, and although he has next to no speed, he is not a bad player. Swanny was top notch today and looked like he never left. Harry O was s**t and if we didn't have so many injury worries I would drop him. I thought Dawes was better today, but not much. Great to be 9-2 heading into the bye.

Young looks like he is in the same gear all of the time mate.

Come on mate use your rational thinking. There's only a handful of players league wide that Blease wouldn't have burnt off in that situation. Even Jetta and Hill would have struggled to make ground on him he's a jet in terms of leg speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like. Look like being the key.
Scott Pendlebury looks a little that way too. In fact Pendles makes the game look easy too, does that make it easy?

Young wasn't great today, but I couldn't question his effort. I was surprised by his lack of pace in that foot race, but you could see that he just didn't have the speed to catch him. Similar to Marty Clarke a few times today.

He also looks lost at times but i get your point about Pendles.
His games against 3 terrible sides in Port, GC & Melbourne say to me that he isn't a long term player.

Ben Kiener type player, great at VFL level but not up to it at AFL level.

Come on mate use your rational thinking. There's only a handful of players league wide that Blease wouldn't have burnt off in that situation. Even Jetta and Hill would have struggled to make ground on him he's a jet in terms of leg speed.

Yet Williams ran him down with no trouble.
My point was he looks like he doesn't care and doesn't change speeds all that often...if ever.

Funnily enough we didn't really have a heap of good contributors today.
Sinclair, Swan, Beams, Goldsack, Sidebottom, Wellingham and Blair. They would be the only guys I would think that played well. Jolly, Dawes, Williams, Fasolo were ok. No backline players were better than average today.
Agree.

Was it just me or did Tarrant look lost today. Seemed well off the pace.

Will read over the whole matchday thread when i have time, i was at the game and must say it was great to see our midfield tear it up :thumbsu:

Sad news about dids though, scans tomorrow i assume? Doubt he'll be coming to Port Douglas.

Good from the team, apart from the lapse - but not sure if this is a problem or just Melbourne weren't even AFL standard for the first half which caused them to switch off.

Even without Shaw, Tooves and Reid in the backline and Pendles in the middle I thought they did pretty well. Was able to switch it on and get well ahead of Melbourne which was also great to watch. Hopefully they're up against West Coast in a few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back