AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the people around here are ridiculous. We are not the same team as last year, we had 4 guys without 10 games to their names. We have a lot of injuries, and so we are not pummeling sides. But we are giving guys experience and I for one am pleased with the 7 goal win. A little disappointed with our defense, in all areas of the ground, but overall we've done a very good job to be 9-2 at this stage of the season.

For those who love to swim and wade in the misery and the negatives, just think about what it means to be a supporter. We don't get many chances to see our club be a 9-2 team and have a chance at a premiership. There is little point always focusing on the negatives.

People constantly talking abotu Harry O being dropped. It's not silly, its just downright dumb. It's not gonna happen, he is crucial to our team, and despite him not playing great one on one defensively, he is way better than anyone who could replace him and is nowhere near close to being dropped while guys like Young, Buckley, Williams and Elliot are still in the side.

Just remember we played with out our best player, our two best rebounding defenders and our best shutdown defender today, oh and also Johnson, Krakouer, Didak, MaCaffer and Keefe.

Again, this.

Our list turnover since 2010, hell even since last year, has been enormous. Obviously a lot of this has been injury induced.

Instead of Pendlebury, Ball, Shaw, Reid, Krakouer, Macaffer, L. Davis, L.Brown and Toovey (must be at least five All-Australians in that list) we have Elliott, Williams, Young, Ugle, Sinclair, Fasolo, Seedsman and Buckley running about (not all of them today, but most).

Out of that group, Fasolo (a 3rd round pick) and Elliott (part of the Clarke trade) were the highest 'rated' players in terms of draft investment. There's going to be ups and downs.

Look at how our motley assortment of 3rd-4th-5th round draftees, rookies and recycled talent is holding up in keeping the seat warm for when (if?) our stars get back.

To gain some perspective, have a look at life from a Melbourne or Gold Coast supporter's point of view. First round picks galore, and yet they're each going backwards.

We were so-so today, but it's a seven goal win with half our team out. And we're top of the ladder. Not exactly the time to planning the Spanish Inquisition Mark II. As frustrating as the likes of Dawes and O'Brien can be, we need them.

Anyone know what time it was on the clock when Cloke gave Dawes the palm

I'd say around 22 down in the last, so robably around 10 mins left if watching the replay. It happened right in front of me. Bloody hilarious!

Also anyone see the Melbourne player fall over and then fumble under almost no pressure in the middle of the ground. That was possibly funnier than the Dawes/cloke one hahaha

This

Collingwood have gone 43 wins, 6 losses and 1 draw from the last 50 games.

The team is completely different from that of mid 2010, plenty of young kids coming through...

Enjoy seeing your team win...periods like this dont come around often.

AMEN.

As said pre- game: stop "expecting" 10+ goal wins in our current state.

Congrats to Melbourne. They put up a bloody good fight after half time. Their sub kicked 3(?) in the last. Our sub came on virtually at the start of the game.

Come on. Seriously.
Don't be sore winners.

Hopefully this will be a lesson to all to not expect anything. You need to take each came as it comes. Melbourne beat equal first on the ladder last week, and had a bit of belief this week. They are a different side to what they were 2-3 weeks ago.

Today Nate Jones was great. They got clearances and their big forward took marks and kicked goals.

The biggest positive on our side of the fence was that young was great.

Was impressed with sincas, marley and Billy. Billy was probably a little fumbly at times, though set up some nice pieces of play and should've gotten the goal, had it not hit the post.

Swanny. What a comeback game!!

A shame we couldn't get through unscathed, dids likely done an adductor strain. IIRC he has done it before, not a good sign. Fas looked like he's cracked a rib, that is just my opinion,not official, should be good to go next match though. Tom Young got a heavy hit, but will likely be fine also.

Just read the stats sheet, Dawes got 19 disposals, still goes missing, but I think he will stay in the side.

I felt that we let Melbourne get on the board a bit easily, they scored consecutive goals sometimes. Not complaining over a god win though. Our boys deserved that one.

Hello top of the ladder!!

Bucks at his presser has said at this stage Didak's injury is a strain of the adductor/groin.

Scans tomorrow will confirm extent of severity.

Hopefully some decent news on that front. Looked to still move and walk around quite well, unhindered and without pain despite being subbed off. Hopefully nothing serious and just a tweak.

He did it in the warm up. Was watching pretty closely and he walloped the ball about 30m with a kung pow punch in frustration. I'm very surprised he continued to take the field. SEN were suspecting a tear pretty high up, which is similar to his pre season injury yeh?

Onto the game, Wellingham I thought was fantastic. As was Goldsack. These two have moved to permanent forward positions and are having great seasons!

Great to be at the top again.

Thought all the young blokes did really well again.

But f@#k me....Tom Young is a muppet. Shows no heart, dumb decision making and looks like he is running on a treadmill all the time.

DELIST!!!!!

Bucks at his presser has said at this stage Didak's injury is a strain of the adductor/groin.

Scans tomorrow will confirm extent of severity.

Hopefully some decent news on that front. Looked to still move and walk around quite well, unhindered and without pain despite being subbed off. Hopefully nothing serious and just a tweak.

Let's hope so. That would be better than the 12 weeks old Doc gave it ;)

Holy shit, Robbo is trying his best to get everyone at Collingwood suspended, first the swan trip, then the Brown incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browny cleaned up Sylvia behind the play by about 80 meters which was what lead to his broken nose. It was a shoulder to shoulder hit but a head clash caused the damage. I don't think too much will come of it, but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case he does get sighted.

Its a fuuny one because his brother earlier this year broke a young blokes cheek bone behind play in an east freo game. Twitter was going balistic with WAFL players saying they were going to get browny. When he went to the tribunal he got off with just accidental head contact. I imagine it was a bit like what happenend today ... mayde its a bit of that twin genetic thingy and they lead with their heads when they run and with eyes closed( not being smart here).

Great to be at the top again.

Thought all the young blokes did really well again.

But f@#k me....Tom Young is a muppet. Shows no heart, dumb decision making and looks like he is running on a treadmill all the time.

DELIST!!!!!

Christ I hope he proves you wrong. Sick of you bashing him in every thread. He's played 5 games ffs.

Christ I hope he proves you wrong. Sick of you bashing him in every thread. He's played 5 games ffs.

Bad luck mate. He's played 5 games and looks like a goon.
People on here bashing Yagmoor in his first season, Tom Young has now been on our list since 2010. Just don't see much up side to the bloke.

People on here bashing Yagmoor in his first season, Tom Young has now been on our list since 2010. Just don't see much up side to the bloke.

How about Benny Sinclair then? Been on the list 1 year longer than Young and people were ready to rip his head off earlier this year. He's turned it around nicely already.

No chance of getting delisted so you'll have to put up with him for another year at least.

Nick Maxwell has been on our list for 10 years and is still an average battler at best, how does he not get scrutinised on yet an another spud of a performance today,all he does is make sure the grass is well manicured around the 50 metre arc, weak one on one and does not get anywhere near enough of the ball as a loose man in defence.

Nah it was an accident.

But knowing the MRP Brown will get a week and Sylvia will get off for his elbow which Young didn't even get a free :rolleyes:

The head clash was clearly an accident, however he meant to bump him so It'll be interesting how they view it I guess.

How about Benny Sinclair then? Been on the list 1 year longer than Young and people were ready to rip his head off earlier this year. He's turned it around nicely already.

No chance of getting delisted so you'll have to put up with him for another year at least.

Mate Sinclair had plenty of up side, his tackling and pressure was outstanding early on and has been all year. Yes his kicking let him down but he had heaps of upside.

Young has shown zero, nothing at AFL level compared to Sinclair who clearly has from the outset.
Why is he no chance of being delisted? Farmer was delist after one year and then Rookied. Young is a huge chance to be cut from the senior list considering 3 need to go.

Who would you delist before him champ?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back