Votes: 67 58.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

not debunked at all, remember the magnificent 7?
the afl looked back at what the eagles got and said never again hence why freo got reamed when they were included.
there was definitely no handouts.
the eagles were pioneers who grew under john todd then he was stabbed in the back and malthouse who was absolutely gifted a premiership team. they were toddy's premierships.

They were a premiership team yes and highly gifted players.

But it wasn't a state team as was suggested.
There were a lot of players that refused to come home and play for the Eagles.
Also add to that the draft where we were given picks from was raided by the Vic clubs before we got our picks.

Remember Kemp and heady? They were above picks 80+

The fact the "powerhouse" Vic clubs didntpick them was their own fault.

By no means was the best of the west playing for us.
Bairstow stayed at Geelong. Another player stayed at Hawthorn I don't remember his name. I don't have time to list them all.

In any case it wasn't the best state team. In fact it was the leftovers after the wafl was r*ped in the draft and those who wanted to come home.

Not so.

West Coast are a plastic franchise akin to the GC or GWS.

You guys will never even sniff the prestige of Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond or Essendon.

They have too much history for you to even be compared to them.

West Coast are rich, they have plenty of members and corporate sponsorship...but they don't have a soul.

Just a soulless money making machine.

Lol no surprise a Geelong fan getting stuck into us. How exactly would we be 'not' plastic in your estimation? What about Adelaide, Freo, Port? Well no, we can't compete with 100 plus years of history, but we still draw on over a hundred years of West Australian football history. Unfortunately at the cost of the WAFL but that's kinda inevitable. But a short history is history all the same, and to a 6 year old kid growing up in Perth there was nothing plastic about barracking for the Eagles. About the emotion of winning our first flag, showing the Vics they weren't the only ones in town. After decades of the VFL poaching some of our best talent. It was a matter of state pride. Guess I was just naive a naive kid.

Really? You’re really looking forward to a guy who’s life is so much better than yours, who makes a cool million a year, being fined $1000 which he probably has as spare change in his car?

Each to their own I suppose.
just after consistency. Would also be good if the media hounded him for the next week about his staging and diving.

I was at the game and trying to explain the rules and the 4 umpires thing to a pom last night and he kept thinking they were the guys in pink who were actually the runners. In the first half there always seemed to be 2 runners hovering around the centre but close to play whenever a player on the wing tried to look to the corridor. My thinking was that as there were 3 umpires now resting effectively in a line between the 50m arcs, were Sydney or WC (most likely WC) exploiting this by telling their runners to add to the congestion blocking the corridor. It definitely seemed like a tactic. Might've been different on Tv so I probably need to watch the replay. Surely I wasn't the only one who saw this, anyone else?

I notice it every time I go to the ground. Happens in every game, and should be cracked down on. You don't notice it as much on TV.

just after consistency. Would also be good if the media hounded him for the next week about his staging and diving.

Except he didn't end up prostrate on the ground after doing a superman. He got nudged and went forward. Didn't sprawl out on the ground, but kept his feet. Divers end up on the ground. Like Rance.

A decently gripping contest, ultimately satisfied with the 15pt loss and keeping the victors goalless for two quarters. Was yelling at the tv with swans fans throughout, never got dull. The streak was bound to snap sooner than later, so might as well be a to-script loss at the SCG. The entire game followed the perennial SCG script, something Eagles fans know all too well.

We dearly missed Darling's forward target. Cripps, Ryan, LeCras and Rioli all disappointing or wasteful.

Typically, the likes of Yeo, McGovern, Hurn and Kennedy tried to lift, but the task was never going to drag out a win. Thought Nelson tried. Lycett seemed to drop a few that he should have taken (recurring theme).

McCartin is quickly becoming a revelation for the Swans. Will have a long career. Not missing Sam Reid at the moment. Was also rapt for Grundy and Allir Allir, some of the best afield, absorbing and rebounding at critical moments.

Last edited:
Not so.

West Coast are a plastic franchise akin to the GC or GWS.

You guys will never even sniff the prestige of Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond or Essendon.

They have too much history for you to even be compared to them.

West Coast are rich, they have plenty of members and corporate sponsorship...but they don't have a soul.

Just a soulless money making machine.
You said we were minnows. And by any measurable standard we are not.

Not going to waste my time debating the rest with you as you are quite clearly a simpleton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not that much in it tbh... could have gone either way. Eagles deserve to be top of the ladder, but glad we can be up around there too.
Indeed we just butchered chances in front of goal that’s what cost us you cannot kick 7 goals 15 and expect to win. No blaming umps or anything like that we were not good enough. Although these things can be fixed

Dramatic much? It wasn't game of the year but that was miles away from the worst.
Tonight was a tough dog fight with neither team giving and inch and no one wanting to give up easy kicks and goals. Every possession and goal had to be earned. It’s a great lesson for our young boys like waterman, Rioli, Ryan to play on defenders like nick smith, Dane Rampe and Grundy. We didn’t give up and fought it out we will learn from this

Really just a cracking game between two teams who will be there at the end of the season. We didn't really fire through the middle tonight as WC's pressure was unbelievable.

We were just fortunate that our defence is just playing out of this world at the moment.
Yep it was a dog fight man I loved it no one gave an inch and no one took a backward step love it. Your defence is incredible good lesson for our young forwards they will learn

Except he didn't end up prostrate on the ground after doing a superman. He got nudged and went forward. Didn't sprawl out on the ground, but kept his feet. Divers end up on the ground. Like Rance.
Acting and staging was on show ..... again!!

It happens in every game and to argue the degree to which a player stages is pointless. The MRO have stated that it wants staging to stop and by definition if you milk a free in ANY circumstance your STAGING.

A fine will come buddy’s way and I hope he’s ridiculed and lambasted as much as rance ...... it’s only fair.

As for the MRO ..... what a joke, razor ray should of been fined 10k for his theatrics last week, but because he didn’t loose his feet it’s acceptable ...... what a joke this game has become!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 13: Sydney v West Coast Friday 7:50pm AEST @SCG

Back