Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview p9#130

If I was to take a guess, I would say that BJ and Caff weren't named this week as if we played them this week, they would only have a 6 day break leading into their second game back, against the Scum next week.

I'd say if Caff and BJ get through the VFL game this week, they will play next week, we especially need BJ against those small forwards of Carltons.

Don't get me wrong about my comments on Seedsman either, he's been promising, it's just he doesn't look up to senior level yet, while a Tom Young or a Keefe are probably closer to being able to perform at senior level given their experience.

I think (as well as hope) there might be 2 changes tomorrow, Dawes for Keefe and an unknown player for Young, just a hunch.;):)

No disrespect to North, but if there's one week to play the youngsters, it's this week, rather then next week.

I hope at least one of the debutant kids are in the 22 announced tomorrow, as well as Rounds and Fasolo. Taz named at CHF, doesn't look like it will be too much of a loss for the backline, it just means one of them don't start on the bench. Maybe Neon Leon can spend a bit more time up forward, he's hit form right now though so most likely not because we don't want to screw up his routine.

Some Big Names might get a Rest;)

Heres the teams:

Collingwood v North Melbourne
MCG - Sun Jul 10, 1:10pm
Collingwood

B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Heritier O'Brien
HB: Alan Toovey, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw
C: Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Sharrod Wellingham
HF: Jarryd Blair, Chris Tarrant, Andrew Krakouer
F: Steele Sidebottom, Travis Cloke, Leigh Brown
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Luke Ball
I/C: John McCarthy, Luke Rounds, Lachlan Keeffe, Simon Buckley, Tom Young, Alex Fasolo, Paul Seedsman

In: John McCarthy, Lachlan Keeffe, Tom Young, Paul Seedsman
Out: Chris Dawes (Hand)
New: Lachlan Keeffe (Queensland U18/ Gympie), Tom Young (Wollondilly (NSW) / Sydney University), Paul Seedsman (Eastern Ranges)
Milestones: Steele Sidebottom - 50 games

North Melbourne
B: Scott Thompson, Cameron Pedersen, Michael Firrito
HB: Brady Rawlings, Luke Delaney, Shaun Atley
C: Daniel Wells, Brent Harvey, Levi Greenwood
HF: Jack Ziebell, Aaron Edwards, Ryan Bastinac
F: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Lachlan Hansen
Foll: Todd Goldstein, Leigh Adams, Andrew Swallow
I/C: Scott McMahon, Daniel Pratt, Matt Campbell, Liam Anthony, Ben Cunnington, Cameron Richardson, Kieran Harper

In: Matt Campbell, Luke Delaney, Cameron Richardson, Shaun Atley, Kieran Harper
Out: Nathan Grima, Ben McKinley

If I was to take a guess, I would say that BJ and Caff weren't named this week as if we played them this week, they would only have a 6 day break leading into their second game back, against the Scum next week.

I'd say if Caff and BJ get through the VFL game this week, they will play next week, we especially need BJ against those small forwards of Carltons.

Don't get me wrong about my comments on Seedsman either, he's been promising, it's just he doesn't look up to senior level yet, while a Tom Young or a Keefe are probably closer to being able to perform at senior level given their experience.

I think there might be 2 changes tomorrow, Dawes for Keefe and an unknown player for Young, just a hunch.;):)

I agree with the 2 Changes you have. Seedsman has been playing well but Is his Body ready for AFL Footy?

Still would love to see the Seed get a AFL Game this year(Sub?)

Seedsman has been very good and Could play a Cale Morton sort of Role.

Weak, gutless and shit?

Weak, gutless and shit?

Tried explaining this hoggy got no where

In: Keefe
Out: Dawes

Rounds nor Fasolo the sub.

I was expecting BJ & Caff to come in but they'll be a bit fresher next week along with Dids.

I expect all 3 to play next week in close to our best team baring Beams and the season finished, Nate Brown.

I think Dave was getting at the role as opposed to the application of the role :)

Glad Someone has got what I was saying

Glad Someone has got what I was saying
Don't worry Dave, I think we all knew what you were getting at, you just chose a strange player as the example.

Our own Goldsack or even a Corey Enright could be an example of a player type we would hope Seedsman develops into.

No doubt he shows a ton of promise, for large parts of the VFL game last week he kept us withing touching distance.

He could get a spot as the sub soon, maybe against the Suns in a few weeks.

Don't worry Dave, I think we all knew what you were getting at, you just chose a strange player as the example.

Our own Goldsack or even a Corey Enright could be an example of a player type we would hope Seedsman develops into.

No doubt he shows a ton of promise, for large parts of the VFL game last week he kept us withing touching distance.

He could get a spot as the sub soon, maybe against the Suns in a few weeks.

Well I was just using what people said around Draft Time.

Suns would be a Good Game for him to Play as they are Mostly Kids

Tried explaining this hoggy got no where

Yeah I pounced on the quote as soon as I saw it.

Here's hoping someone can take over the Andrew Dimattina role this week to shut down Wells. :thumbsu:

John McCarthy, Luke Rounds, Lachlan Keeffe, Simon Buckley - The first 4 interchanges named are in as far as I am concerned.

On a side issue, I have been required to log in 4 times today, each time I made a comment, and this dissuades me from commenting. Am I a suspect bigfooty terrorist or is this a sign of the times or only me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be Keeffe and Young in for Fasolo and Dawes

Young will be the sub, Rounds will take Fasolo's spot

Sounds like Keeffe will be tried up forward to begin with then swung down back for Tarrant if he struggles

Where is Le Caff and BJ!? :(
As I said earlier, I think it's a case of one more game in the VFL, and also the 6 day break between senior matches that are the reasons why both weren't even named in the 25.

Come September, if fit, both play, the coaching staff knows that, the players themselves know that, but we have to manage them correctly to get them as close to 100% right by finals time.:)

John McCarthy, Luke Rounds, Lachlan Keeffe, Simon Buckley - The first 4 interchanges named are in as far as I am concerned.

On a side issue, I have been required to log in 4 times today, each time I made a comment, and this dissuades me from commenting. Am I a suspect bigfooty terrorist or is this a sign of the times or only me?

These sort of problems are worth sending to the contact us section of the site.

Anyone else feel this is probably the weakest side we've fielded this season..? Pretty sketchy on the outs we have, and the number of debutants we have in the side. If both Fasolo and Rounds stay in the side, and we lose Buckley and Dawes and bring in 2 more debutants that'll bring the total of 4 new players in as many weeks in the side at the same time. That leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Anyone else feel this is probably the weakest side we've fielded this season..? Pretty sketchy on the outs we have, and the number of debutants we have in the side. If both Fasolo and Rounds stay in the side, and we lose Buckley and Dawes and bring in 2 more debutants that'll bring the total of 4 new players in as many weeks in the side at the same time. That leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Yeah, guess possibly it is, though when Jolly was out, even that one change weakened us a lot by itself.

Separately, an issue that was touched on in Opti's training thread ( thanks that was great) was the possibility of throwing a few players round a bit.

eg Reid and or Taz up forward.

I understand MM doesn't want to tamper too much with structure, but you wonder if at three qtr time for the rest of the year, if ever we are comfortably ahead, if it may be worth giving a try.

You'd prefer it to be tested then, than for the first time during prelim or grand final, so I these things are worth at least looking at possibly?

I'm not saying we're going to win. I'm saying that it strikes me like MM wouldn't be too shattered if you lost this. It is hardly like he needs to worry about playing us in a Prelim or GF.

I'm not saying we're going to win. I'm saying that it strikes me like MM wouldn't be too shattered if you lost this. It is hardly like he needs to worry about playing us in a Prelim or GF.

I honestly don't even think it's that. I think it's more a case of genuine injuries. Obviously if it was an important game (i.e we were fighting for top four or something) we may rush back Caff and Johnson in the scheme of things it's not worth it this early in the season. I doubt either would have played regardless of opposition.

I honestly don't even think it's that. I think it's more a case of genuine injuries. Obviously if it was an important game (i.e we were fighting for top four or something) we may rush back Caff and Johnson in the scheme of things it's not worth it this early in the season. I doubt either would have played regardless of opposition.

Fair enough, you know your situation better than I.

Lachie Keefe is definitely playing. His parents and sisters are heading down to Melbourne from Gympie this weekend.

Good luck Lachie.

Lachie Keefe is definitely playing. His parents and sisters are heading down to Melbourne from Gympie this weekend.

Good luck Lachie.

Awesome, the kid deserved a game weeks ago when Leeroy was out, but he didn't get his chance, but now he does, which is just great.

Best of luck to Lachie.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back