Preview AFL Round 20 - Coll v Port - All Prematch Discussion, Dave 86's Preview post 84, Teams post 105

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didnt see a thread on this.

What are peoples thoughts on the changes to the side this week vs Port?

Thomas is an automatic selection (he was VERY close to playing on the weekend)

Is Toovey ready? Didak? Wellingham?

Dawes is still a couple of weeks away...

IMO -

INS: Toovey, Wellingham, Thomas
OUTS: Buckley, Keeffe, Sinclair

I would probably give Didak an extra week and bring him back in Melbourne the following week against the Saints...

Re: Changes vs Port?

Tooves will miss another i would think, hope to see didak back though

In: Didak, Thomas, Wellingham (is he right?)
Out: Buckley, Keefe, Sinclair (don't want him out, can't see any other option though).

Didak and Thomas are almost certs to play next weekend, although Dids may return via the VFL.

Anyone know anything about Sharrod's supposed groin injury, he's missed 2 games now, is it worse then we first expected?:confused:

Didak and Thomas are almost certs to play next weekend, although Dids may return via the VFL.

I think this would be a good option. Rather than travelling to Adelaide.

Give him a run in the VFL get some touch back and then back in the following week.

I think we all agree that Didak is a very important player to us when he is on song... So getting games into him leading into finals is vital.

Re: AFL Round 20 - Collingwood vs Port - Prematch & Selection Discussion

I doubt we have enough games left to start debuting players, saying that I would love to see Sinclair get another opportunity.

In: Didak Dawes Wellingham Thomas
Out: (Ball or Pendlebury) Keefe Sidebottom Sinclair

We should start giving our fringe players some gametime to allow them to find some form come finals time. Should use the opportunity that we're playing Port to rest senior players. Unfortunately can not find room for Sinclair unless he is swapped with another fringe player.

looking fwd to this week when the boys come to my neck of the woods.

Got a pre game function at the Directors Hotel in the city on Saturday and there is a chance the 2010 Premiership Cup could be there.

I wouldnt mind giving guys like Daisy and Dids another week to freshen up. Fasolo hasnt put a foot wrong and Sinclair looks a goer so maybe if anything give Keefe a rest and bring in someone else.

have a quick peak at their board for the corresponding thread.

we thought the hawks & bombers were decimated by injury when we played them - wait til we play the power. they have no one left, and may be forced to promote some rookies to make up the numbers - if they can afford it (as several posters quoted).

weather forecast looks good, and the only things that might stop this being a blinding massacre of biblical proportions is...............

at night AAMI is an ice rink.
they sack primus and their players rally like last year.
we debut every kid we think worthy of a game.
we drop back from 2nd gear and alternate beween neutral & 1st the whole game.

cant think of much else.

Didss must be ready allong with wellers and thomas.
Tooooov prob 1 more week along with dawesome.

Saw someone with an ice pack on their right thigh as they were walking off yesterday...Ball perhaps???

Will general soreness get another run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait what macaffer surely is a certain drop done nothing
IN - Thomas, Didak, Wellingham
Out- Keefe, Maccaffer, Buckley
Macaffer would be part of our 30 man squad and he's just played his first game coming back from a long starve of AFL games. Give him another week or two to prove himself and get himself into some form.

Saw someone with an ice pack on their right thigh as they were walking off yesterday...Ball perhaps???

Will general soreness get another run?

Ball had his right knee strapped with ice as he left the match yesterday..

I think its time to give him a break, his body takes a battering every week

In: Didak, D.Thomas, Wellingham
Out: Ball, Keefe, Goldsack(rate Buckley higher atm)

If Toovey comes up then Macaffer may have to make way, also would like to see Sinclair get a start and even Josh Thomas get a run...

Didnt see a thread on this.

What are peoples thoughts on the changes to the side this week vs Port?

Thomas is an automatic selection (he was VERY close to playing on the weekend)

Is Toovey ready? Didak? Wellingham?

Dawes is still a couple of weeks away...

IMO -

INS: Toovey, Wellingham, Thomas
OUTS: Buckley, Keeffe, Sinclair

I would probably give Didak an extra week and bring him back in Melbourne the following week against the Saints...

If Dids is available i would play him, stuff making him go through the 2s, we need to get as much senior action into him as possible, Wellers/Toovs and Daisy pick themselves if fit.

Assuming all 4 are available
out Buckley, Keeffe, Sinclair, macaffa
in Didak, Toovey, Thomas, Wellingham

But we need to remember mick probably wont drop Sinclair after a qtr of a game, if that's the case we need to rest someone, i nominate ball or pendles.

If Dids is available i would play him, stuff making him go through the 2s, we need to get as much senior action into him as possible, Wellers/Toovs and Daisy pick themselves if fit.

Assuming all 4 are available
out Buckley, Keeffe, Sinclair, macaffa
in Didak, Toovey, Thomas, Wellingham

But we need to remember mick probably wont drop Sinclair after a qtr of a game, if that's the case we need to rest someone, i nominate ball or pendles.

I want Pendles to play just because I still think he is a sneaky chance at a Brownlow, and he is looking mighty durable this season. Don't bother resting the ones who look fine, rest the tired looking ones like Bally. Keep Sinker in to do some dirty work, think he'd relish it.

I want Pendles to play just because I still think he is a sneaky chance at a Brownlow, and he is looking mighty durable this season. Don't bother resting the ones who look fine, rest the tired looking ones like Bally. Keep Sinker in to do some dirty work, think he'd relish it.

There's no 'i' in brownlow, there is in Premiership though, Judds already won it anyway, the award lost all credibility last year IMO.

There's no 'i' in brownlow, there is in Premiership though, Judds already won it anyway, the award lost all credibility last year IMO.

Just seems pointless to rest Pendles when he is in form and not carrying an injury, regardless of his Brownlow chances.

Just seems pointless to rest Pendles when he is in form and not carrying an injury, regardless of his Brownlow chances.

Nothing wrong with a bit of list managment, refreshing the mind/body won't do any harm at all, maybe even Trav/Taz/Harry could do with a week off before the serious stuff starts as well. IMO

Nothing wrong with a bit of list managment, refreshing the mind/body won't do any harm at all, maybe even Trav/Taz/Harry could do with a week off before the serious stuff starts as well. IMO

That's all good and well, but you aren't going to take Ball and Pendles out of the same side at the moment just to rest them. We simply don't want to have to risk having both of them out in a side that is missing Dids, Wellers, and Thomas (I know, only temporary). We should only be 'resting' one key player a week, and this week I'd say Bally.

That's all good and well, but you aren't going to take Ball and Pendles out of the same side at the moment just to rest them. We simply don't want to have to risk having both of them out in a side that is missing Dids, Wellers, and Thomas (I know, only temporary). We should only be 'resting' one key player a week, and this week I'd say Bally.

I'm not suggesting we do, but we can afford to rest players one at a time, especially when we're in the postion we're in and we're trying to blood new talent.

McCaffer has to stay in. We need him come September so he must be given as much time on the ground as possible.

Didak straight back in if he right. No need to have him tagged like crazy in the seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back