Review AFL Round 20-Hawthorn defeats Geelong by 36 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, my avatar is of our family cat who we sadly had to put down this week aged 17. It was never going to be a great week for the Cats after that...:(:cry:

Sorry to hear that mate…losing a pet is very hard….leaves a hole in your life.

Not a lot of love in these posts for Walker and maybe not his best game but he is in the side as we do not have a ruck man so blitz is rucking and Walker has to play forward and ruck. If he kicked straight today still could have is he'd with 3. And who would play second kp forward? Vardy not ready and kersten hasn't set world on fire.

Getting a fit ruck might help even up the center and allow us more flexible to play a forward and blitz a backup.

Agree game has put stokes by the time he finally slips a tackle the next link is covered.

Nakia looked more comfortable.
Was lang on burgoyne?
Gregson was on Gibson? if so needed to get him further from marking contest and then work in to ground balls with his pace.

By the way, my avatar is of our family cat who we sadly had to put down this week aged 17. It was never going to be a great week for the Cats after that...:(:cry:

sorry to hear that mate.
Never easy losing a family pet. They are only with us for such a brief moment too.

17 is a very good innings which must give you some comfort. Our cat had to be put down at just 4 years of age only a year ago :(

might be Stokes' last game. He left it all out there tonight, willed himself, but the legs look tired and he has lost a little bit of power through the core.

He has been a fabulous player and he was a long way from our worst tonight but I wonder if we might have seen the last of him.

Youth will be preferred from here and show it should.

Condolences to you and the family - always a very sad occasion. 17 years is a great life, especially loved I'm sure.

Sorry to hear that mate…losing a pet is very hard….leaves a hole in your life.

Thanks David, she was a gorgeous cat. Fair to say we had a couple of rough days after Monday. She certainly had her fair share of lives - was hit by a car at age 6 and had her spleen removed and hips were fractured so she did bloody well to get to 17.

Pure_Ownage
Walker is fine except for his goalkicking.
Is a terrible ruck though. Our ruck setup or lack thereof is a bigger problem. Having Selwood and Johnson ruck is ridiculous.
Walker had kicked 15.8 before tonight, which suggests his goal kicking is OK. Better than many others.
Yeah, he missed some easy goals tonight but what I was more disappointed in was the fact that he went missing for a fair bit of the game. Ended up with a reasonable disposal tally- 12- but I thought he was quiet for too long.

sorry to hear that mate.
Never easy losing a family pet. They are only with us for such a brief moment too.

17 is a very good innings which must give you some comfort. Our cat had to be put down at just 4 years of age only a year ago :(

Cheers Bobby. I'm sorry to hear about yours. 4 years is very young. What was the reason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Caddy was quiet most of the night but had an awesome clearance late in the game. Seeing him going into the centre with Guthrie, now sends thrills up my spine because I always feel something special is about to happen.

His ability around the clearances seems to grow game by game, even if he did have a quiet one. His sold candy from a clearance into a shot last week (which he missed) was one of my favourite moments from the last month of footy.

It's hard to not think "what if" re Duncan and Lonergan - I honestly believe it could've been the difference.

He's had a peculiar year. He seems to be playing either very well or terribly. He just seems distracted to me. I'm not sure his drive is where it once was.
Long term mega $ contracts, 2 flags, and young kids can do that.

Centre Half forward is a gaping hole at present - (theve tried Walker and Kersten their with no joy at all )- compounded a bit with Hawkins lack of mobility

I reckon if Malcolm Blight was coaching Geelong hed try Koljasnhe at CHF - he might have only played 6 games or something - but he marks the ball well - he moves well and is a nice kick - and if you dont try them in different positions you never you

Hinkley was a failed timid half forward - put on a HBF - and finished 3rd in a brownlow - C Scott ( done a great job) but you dont see much radical positioning of players - and CHF at Geelong at the moment is a massive problem

Sorry to hear that, gave him a good life-but know how you must have felt. (about the real cat)

Centre Half forward is a gaping hole at present - (theve tried Walker and Kersten their with no joy at all )- compounded a bit with Hawkins lack of mobility

I reckon if Malcolm Blight was coaching Geelong hed try Koljasnhe at CHF - he might have only played 6 games or something - but he marks the ball well - he moves well and is a nice kick - and if you dont try them in different positions you never you

Hinkley was a failed timid half forward - put on a HBF - and finished 3rd in a brownlow - C Scott ( done a great job) but you dont see much radical positioning of players - and CHF at Geelong at the moment is a massive problem
They are grooming Kolo to grab a KB spot. Important need.
Clark and Vardy are doing time then will fight it out for a KF spot, IF Walker has a few shockers, BUT , we just played the likely 3-peaters, and Walker has been great the past month.

Cats did ok against a better team. I think cats have more than 1000 games less experience than the Hawks (don't quote me on that. Too lazy to work it out myself)...hard to compete with that. Also, it's a shame the cats didn't take their chances. Umpiring gave them a couple of freebie goals too...but hey, that's hawthorn.

His ability around the clearances seems to grow game by game, even if he did have a quiet one. His sold candy from a clearance into a shot last week (which he missed) was one of my favourite moments from the last month of footy.

It's hard to not think "what if" re Duncan and Lonergan - I honestly believe it could've been the difference.
I don't want to go there but I would say you are right.
our first half- we were capitalising on our forward 50 entries like we had rarely done in the past (though I think we had 1 or 2 good games this year where we had good F50 conversion) but I think we killed our chances in the 3rd Q when we had so many missed opportunities. I think Lonners would've put more pressure on in the backline, though I did like Rivers (think actually that Bews could've been more of a difference down there) and Duncan would've given us a few more I50 chances, so yeah, they were both missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review AFL Round 20-Hawthorn defeats Geelong by 36 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back