Preview AFL Round 22 v Lions - Prematch Selection & Discussion - DaVe 86 Preview Post 83 - Teams Post 93

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
OUT: Maxwell, Wellingham (probably)
IN: Tooooooooooooooovs, Dawes

I'm thinking quite a belting coming up here. Leuenberger has been pretty good and will get quite a few taps and Black will do what he always does.

Outside of that I'm thinking a 60 point blow out. Lions are last start winners against us.:eek:

Re: Round 22 v Lions: Prematch selection & discussion

I would like to see a clinical disassembly of Brisvegas, neatly packaged and presented wrapped in a black and white ribbon at the feet of Mick Malthouse.
So he can gently kick the steaming carcass over to Voss' bench after the match.:thumbsu::)

Step one in measured, systematic and cold blooded response to the arrogant pricks comments post 2003.

Out Brown. In Wood. :eek:
Out: Jolly (rest) In: Witts.:eek:

Screw the AFL, let's play an unregistered kid, after all he was BOG in the VFL last week, and took more marks inside 50 in one game then Cameron Wood has in his life.:p:eek:

Seriously, these are likely to be the changes IMO;

In: Dawes, Buckley, J.Thomas/Young
Out: Maxwell, Wellingham, Pendlebury/Ball/Thomas (rest)

I'm not sold on the "Sharrod has a bruised hip" line from the club, he looked terrible coming off the ground in front of us on Friday Night, I'm just hoping the injury isn't a recurrence of the groin injury he missed a few weeks with.

Also, we should give a big name a rest here, before the trip to WA.

Re: Round 22 v Lions: Prematch Selection & Discussion

I want Toovey and Dawes in.
MM said he would be more likely to play Dawes in the VFL. While he is a rusty starter, I think he needs to be back plaing his role in the side ASAP.

Out: Jolly (rest) In: Witts.:eek:

Screw the AFL, let's play an unregistered kid, after all he was BOG in the VFL last week, and took more marks inside 50 in one game then Cameron Wood has in his life.:p:eek:

Seriously, these are likely to be the changes IMO;

In: Dawes, Buckley, J.Thomas/Young
Out: Maxwell, Wellingham, Pendlebury/Ball/Thomas (rest)

I'm not sold on the "Sharrod has a bruised hip" line from the club, he looked terrible coming off the ground in front of us on Friday Night, I'm just hoping the injury isn't a recurrence of the groin injury he missed a few weeks with.

Also, we should give a big name a rest here, before the trip to WA.

Dawes is Coming Back Through the VFL Collingwood has said.

Could both Young and Josh Thomas play as they can come in for Maxwell and one of Pendles or Ball?

I'd be unhappy if Dawes came back through the VFL.

Needs to play AFL. Brisbane aint anything special so why not bring him in this week:confused:

I would like to see a clinical disassembly of Brisvegas, neatly packaged and presented wrapped in a black and white ribbon at the feet of Mick Malthouse.
So he can gently kick the steaming carcass over to Voss' bench after the match.:thumbsu::)

Step one in measured, systematic and cold blooded response to the arrogant pricks comments post 2003.

I have a special kind of hate for Voss and BL. I would please me greatly to hold them to a lower score than port and us crack 200 points.

Hopefully Bucks and MM see it the same way.

I'd be unhappy if Dawes came back through the VFL.

Needs to play AFL. Brisbane aint anything special so why not bring him in this week:confused:

This exactly.

He could always play predominately out of the goal square/full forward rather then switching with Cloke like normal.

I just don't see the need for Dawes to play in the VFL.

I have a special kind of hate for Voss and BL. I would please me greatly to hold them to a lower score than port and us crack 200 points.

Hopefully Bucks and MM see it the same way.

What did Voss Say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This exactly.

He could always play predominately out of the goal square/full forward rather then switching with Cloke like normal.

I just don't see the need for Dawes to play in the VFL.

To Test his Hand

He could just test it against Brisbane.

What's the difference between AFL and VFL when testing a hand injury:confused:

Yeah, Hope Dawes plays seniors, he just needs time in the seniors to find himself asap and there's only three games left now.

We're already having Heath, probably Toooves, coming back with a short lead in, Didak only just back yet to play a full game...

Would be nice for them all to have a few games under their belts to settle into finals.

From what I've heard coming out of the club, Dawes and to a lesser extent Toovs are certainties to play this week.

On the match, I'm not worried, but I've got a feeling it won't be a walk in the park...I really rate their midfield of Leuneberger, Rich, Rockliff, Redden and Black. Whilst our small defenders will have to be on their toes against Banfield, Sheldon and Karnezis who is a special talent.

Our superior midfield should gradually work over them, and when this happens the floodgates may open, Cloke and Dawes should be too good for a weak Brisbane defence.

Pies by 53

Re: AFL Round 22 v Lions: Prematch Selection & Discussion

In: Toovey, Sinclair, Young
Out: Maxwell, Rounds, Wellingham

VFL: Dawes

B: Leon Davis, Chris Tarrant, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Tom Young, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien
C: Alan Didak, Dayne Beams, Dale Thomas
HF: Andrew Krakouer, Leigh Brown, Steele Sidebottom
F: Ben Sinclair, Travis Cloke, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan
Inter: Ben Johnson, Jarryd Blair, Alan Toovey, Luke Ball (sub)

We need to get some games into players & if they are fit then they must play AFL this week.

Didnt Dawes & Toovey train last week?? If so that would indicate that there hands are ok, as we are not talking about a hamstring...

So with this in mind I would make the below changes:

out: Maxwell inj, out wellingham (even if its a bruised hip, then let he rest up for a week)
Ball & pendelbury both rested...we need to give pendles & ball a rest before finals

In: Dawes, Toovey, Buckley, Sinclair

Toovey Tarrant Goldsack

Davis Reid Obrien

Thomas Swan Johnson

Blair Cloke Sidebottom

Krackourer Dawes Fasolo

Foll: Jolly, Beams, Didak

Inter: L Brown, Buckley, Sinclair, Rounds

Need to put game time into Didak/Beams, so play them on the ball

I wouldnt debut anyone else now, too late in season to do so

My first final team will be if no more injuries:

Toovey Tarrant Goldsack

Davis Reid Obrien

Thomas Swan Shaw

Didak Cloke Beams

Krackourer Dawes L Brown

Foll: Jolly, Ball, Pendelbury

Inter: sidebottom, Johnson, wellingham sub: Blair

Emerg: Fasolo Maccaffer Rounds

Depth: Maxwell (when fit), sinclair, wood, Macarthy, Keeffe, Buckley

Such an eloquent post :thumbsu:

Injury List
Injury list as of Monday 15 August 2011

Round 22
Sharrod Wellingham - groin (test)
Chris Dawes - hand (test)
Alan Toovey - finger (test)
Nick Maxwell - thumb (3-4 weeks)
Heath Shaw - suspended (4 weeks)
Nathan Brown - knee (season)
Brad Dick - knee (season)