Opinion Alan Cransberg and Trevor Nisbett

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having a go, just interested; what makes you say this?

ONE aspect of this is Woosh'a media appearances. As with most things, we compare to others. Ross Lyon gives so much more information to the fans, discussing specifics in an honest manner without giving away "trade secrets". I believe that the "Johnny Tightlips" behaviour was easier to accept when we were clearly a very good side. He needn't have given much information. But during the rebuild and now this year, when things get tough...THAT is when fans want to hear from the coach. Just so we have some image of order and authority within, when, from the outer, it seems players are getting away with poor output, playing with injuries, not adhering to team structure or playing dumb footy.

It's the intangibles that make someone nod their head with contentment when hearing about or from the club. We are missing that. I don't even bother watching Woosha's post-match pressers anymore. Just an opinion, and it does not relate directly to the higher-ups, but I guess their absence from the public is just a reflection of how Woosha likes it.

The other annoying part of it is the nagging feeling that they really just couldn't care about us, as the demand for WCE memberships is well and truly outstripping supply. This gives the supplier the power. Should we play bad footy for a decade, and fans leave, things would have to change. I also hear female Eagles fans complaining about the lack of good clothing options...again, compared to Freo, we are behind in this respect.

On a positive note, I've always liked how the Eagles seem to be involved in the community (Cancer Council and PMH spring to mind), so they're out there, just not really via the media disclosing information about the game or team.

Hopefully these two wake up from their pot induced coma and realize that Worsfold isn't the man to take this club forward. Hope they are watching today how out of sync we are all over the ground.

Hopefully these two wake up from their pot induced coma and realize that Worsfold isn't the man to take this club forward. Hope they are watching today how out of sync we are all over the ground.

Yep, this has nothing to do with the fact we played without LeCras, Kerr, Waters, Naitanui, Shuey, Rosa, Glass, Hurn and lost Masten early. Also had 4 guys in the team who had played 10 games or less (Lycett, Wilson, Hutchings & Carter). :rolleyes:

Yep, this has nothing to do with the fact we played without LeCras, Kerr, Waters, Naitanui, Shuey, Rosa, Glass, Hurn and lost Masten early. Also had 4 guys in the team who had played 10 games or less (Lycett, Wilson, Hutchings & Carter). :rolleyes:

Always with the excuses, we should have beaten the Bulldogs today they're shit and I bet they won't win again for the year.

Get your hand off it mate. No-one was expecting much but the fact that none of the kids showed heart or desire was really troubling (true for most of the team but that comes down to leardership from the experienced guys). Normally new kids would would be busting balls to play AFL. Everyone just looked disinterested and lethargic and that is not acceptable.

Get your hand off it mate. No-one was expecting much but the fact that none of the kids showed heart or desire was really troubling (true for most of the team but that comes down to leardership from the experienced guys). Normally new kids would would be busting balls to play AFL. Everyone just looked disinterested and lethargic and that is not acceptable.

Get real mate. Players are human just like you and me. The selections this week gave the impression the cue is in the rack and the players played like it. Big deal. We can't make finals and it shows. The club has done the right thing not risking any players with an injury just so we can make 8th and bow out in the 1st week of the finals. Giving an opportunity for some younger players or those who haven't played much is smart. We need to see where the list is at because we'll need to find a few players since they'll be some leaving over the next couple of seasons.

Using this performance as a justification to get rid of Worsfold is wrong. Of course the team was disjointed, that's what happens with inexperience and when you're best players are missing.

Using this performance as a justification to get rid of Worsfold is wrong. Of course the team was disjointed, that's what happens with inexperience and when you're best players are missing.

Its been a culmination of everything over the last 7 years. To deny that means you have not been paying attention.

Its been a culmination of everything over the last 7 years. To deny that means you have not been paying attention.

True, except you had failed to mention this in this thread. I agree, looking at the facts we've had 2 finals appearances in 6 seasons, and this year has been below expectations. There have been reasons for this, but ultimately the coach takes the responsibility. My point was to use today's performance as the one that justify Worsfold's removal as coach is absurb.

True, except you had failed to mention this in this thread. I agree, looking at the facts we've had 2 finals appearances in 6 seasons, and this year has been below expectations. There have been reasons for this, but ultimately the coach takes the responsibility. My point was to use today's performance as the one that justify Worsfold's removal as coach is absurb.

Come on mate, I am not that naive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Alan Cransberg and Trevor Nisbett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back