Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d like to think so.

We are completely in and if he’s not he’s not but we need to rule a line around it and walk away.
100%

We need to work to our timelines, not Clarko’s or Essendon’s.

He has had a month to weigh up our job, that is more than enough to make a call.

Would Clarko even want to come to a club that knifed their coach? Wait ...
We didn't knife our coach. We went through a review and replacing the coach was the primary recommendation.
Noble then departed as a "mutual agreement" and was on a rolling contract. Apples and Oranges.

Still supremely optimistic that Clarksonss is ours. He's been in talks with us for a while now setting up his assistants and support staff all while never considering GWS as a viable option because he wants to stay in Melbourne, and now Essendon swoop in at the last minute who still haven't sacked their coach and while Clarksonss has already layed a lot of the time consuming preparation and ground work on what he is going to do which is sign with us before giving his verbal consent.

You don't know that as I don't know for certain there has been. my comments are based on Clarko wanting his own team around him.

Surely your not suggesting there wont be any changes around our assistant coaches etc ?

I think Clarko is assembling his team and they go with Clarko wherever he decides to coach.

I don't believe there has been a verbal agreement as some have said.
I think Clarko could have been in talks with Essendon in the background for awhile.

The ITK poster sometimes seems to post and reiterate the same message and claim it's new info.

Essendon are where clubs like Carlton and Richmond were a decade ago. They're stuck in the 80s and think being a big club entitles them to success and that they can buy and influence their way to a premiership.

Whoever comes in as their next coach will have numerous guns pointed to their head by trigger-happy power-brokers and coterie members. Since 2010 Essendon have had five seasons with less than 10 wins:

2010: Matthew Knights sacked
2015: James Hird sacked
2016: John Worsfold's first year.
2020: John Worsfold sacked
2022: Ben Rutten sacked

It's a club with zero patience and zero integrity. If Clarkson signs a five-year contract with the Bombers, I'd be betting that he doesn't make it to the end of it.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens from here but if you take Clarko word from the start of the season, he is meticulous and doesn’t want a dysfunctional board getting in the way of the football department.

So we’ve got Sonja Hood, who called in an experienced football administrator, acted on the coach, and slowly going down the list, she’s been around government grants/cooperate governance for a while. I’m sure every i and t is crossed.

And the * play, media reports they’ve done internal review but after big loss on the weekend, sack the prez, about to dump the coach.
Don’t dump the coach, we’re going to now do an external review, but how that’s made up and timing isn’t clear,
Now before all that happens going to offer a godfather offer to a coach…

Just sounds mental

Last edited:
I think Clarko is assembling his team and they go with Clarko wherever he decides to coach.

I don't believe there has been a verbal agreement as some have said.
I think Clarko could have been in talks with Essendon in the background for awhile.

The ITK poster sometimes seems to post and reiterate the same message and claim it's new info.

dude we get it, you don't think he's coming hahahaha just chill for a mo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%

We need to work to our timelines, not Clarko’s or Essendon’s.

He has had a month to weigh up our job, that is more than enough to make a call.
North need to make the announcement today that Mazda have not only recommited to North but Clarkson has agreed to be our coach so we can get on with winding up the Bummers supporters on their forum...:laughv1::laughv1::laughv1:

We didn't knife our coach. We went through a review and replacing the coach was the primary recommendation.
Noble then departed as a "mutual agreement" and was on a rolling contract. Apples and Oranges.
I'm just talking shit. Noble's position was entirely untenable from his own making whereas Rutten is being ****ed by the club.

So what happened to this sponsorship announcement 🤔
Would be crazy to do a media conference announcement in the current environment as the sponsorship message would be lost - the journalists would focus entirely on asking questions re the coaching position.

The purpose of a sponsorship announcement is to maximise the exposure of the partnership between the Club and sponsor, not to have it lost in the biggest media frenzy in football.

Hopefully we announce Clarko by having him invade the Hangar with a BT50 strapped with a tank of beer on the back and spraying Campbell, Heppell and any other red and black campaigner that gets within his sight Stone Cold Steve Austin style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back