Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows what deals have been done re no names. ButI suppose if the complaint is against the Hawks then evidence would have to quote examples so wouldn't that involve Clarko, Fagan and Co? Maybe I'm not understanding the process.

Who knows what deals have been done re no names. ButI suppose if the complaint is against the Hawks then evidence would have to quote examples so wouldn't that involve Clarko, Fagan and Co? Maybe I'm not understanding the process.

I can very much see a situation where Clarko is up on the stand saying stuff like: "Yes players did come to me to discuss relationship matters including pregnancy, we had multiple discussions, in retrospect its not how it should have been handled and I wouldn't do it this way in my current job. I felt I didn't have enough support from the club in place, I asked them to employ a First Nations welfare advisor, then I asked them to up the time they had at the club but was rebuffed by the club admin"

A Flawed Genius / Andy Maher apology right now would be brilliant…
Nah look Keef we have a lot of fun on this show and really it's about ahhhh bringing, you know, a lot of enjoyment to people's afternoons, and hopefully you wherever you are in the world, driving home from putting in some hard yakka [Gaze: my oath] that ahhh me and the ahh Captain [giggling] Captain [Gaze: turn it up] ahh Captain of Australia can put a bit of light into your lives and look Keef we know realistically we aren't always going to get it right, we are ahh in the very spirit of the word, we are beholden to and reactionary to what happens out there in the wide world, and to ahh put it bluntly we have ahh been doing some self reflection about our ahh comments on [Gaze is distracted by WNBL playoff scores and has stopped listening] the whole Alistair Clarkson Hawthorn racism scandal, and we'll, Keef, be the first to put our hands up and admit getting it wrong and on this occasion ahh we -- and thanks to friends of the show the great people [Golden Retriever Gaze has tuned back in: "Wonderful puylpul"] at AMI [nervous giggle], we've gone off half cocked great man. With the news today that Clarko and Jason Burt [weirdly emphasising] WON'T be named in the Federal Court case against the mighty [Gaze: My word] Hawthorn footy club, we have to ahh look inwards Keef and admit that our reactions, our initial reactions to the ahh news way back last year were hasty, and ahh we understand the feedback and we'll work to be better in future. And we appreesheayte you joining us on your drives home each and every afternoon, and we hope you continue to do so in future. Anything to add Keef [Gaze has started eating from the bin] well with that ahh here is Stone Cold with the 4:30 news

Nah look Keef we have a lot of fun on this show and really it's about ahhhh bringing, you know, a lot of enjoyment to people's afternoons, and hopefully you wherever you are in the world, driving home from putting in some hard yakka [Gaze: my oath] that ahhh me and the ahh Captain [giggling] Captain [Gaze: turn it up] ahh Captain of Australia can put a bit of light into your lives and look Keef we know realistically we aren't always going to get it right, we are ahh in the very spirit of the word, we are beholden to and reactionary to what happens out there in the wide world, and to ahh put it bluntly we have ahh been doing some self reflection about our ahh comments on [Gaze is distracted by WNBL playoff scores and has stopped listening] the whole Alistair Clarkson Hawthorn racism scandal, and we'll, Keef, be the first to put our hands up and admit getting it wrong and on this occasion ahh we -- and thanks to friends of the show the great people [Golden Retriever Gaze has tuned back in: "Wonderful puylpul"] at AMI [nervous giggle], we've gone off half cocked great man. With the news today that Clarko and Jason Burt [weirdly emphasising] WON'T be named in the Federal Court case against the mighty [Gaze: My word] Hawthorn footy club, we have to ahh look inwards Keef and admit that our reactions, our initial reactions to the ahh news way back last year were hasty, and ahh we understand the feedback and we'll work to be better in future. And we appreesheayte you joining us on your drives home each and every afternoon, and we hope you continue to do so in future. Anything to add Keef [Gaze has started eating from the bin] well with that ahh here is Stone Cold with the 4:30 news
Absolutely brilliant Flawed Genius, the Gaze cameos get me every time 🤣

Has anyone ever seen Flawed Genius and Andy in the same room?

Are you sure you're not that moron, that's to close to it 😂

Hawforn nuffies calling the Federal Court action a " trial " ( see Perry Mason / Tom Cruise )

Clearly wrong yes ?
Carly Objection GIF by Paramount+

This is all very good news from a Clarko/club perspective yeah? Or am I misreading it?
Very good news. Basically means the extent of Clarkos involvement will be as a witness with no findings against him, Fagan or Burt. Purely against hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good news. Basically means the extent of Clarkos involvement will be as a witness with no findings against him, Fagan or Burt. Purely against hawthorn.

That’s gotta be a massive weight off his mind.

feels like it’s been generally a good couple of months for this club

Whoever performed the exorcism down at Arden st during the bye, well done.

That’s gotta be a massive weight off his mind.

feels like it’s been generally a good couple of months for this club

Whoever performed the exorcism down at Arden st during the bye, well done.
Not only am I relieved for Clarko, I'm also relieved for Fagan and Burt who were essentially collateral damage.

This has been reported for awhile

The players and coaches buried the hatchet and the players were firmly focused on hawthorn

Viney alluded to it after the hrc mediation and it was even reported by robbo

This has been reported for awhile

The players and coaches buried the hatchet and the players were firmly focused on hawthorn

Viney alluded to it after the hrc mediation and it was even reported by robbo

Ok; you’ll understand that I try and avoid AFL ‘media’ and the likes of Slobbo…. And thus a bit behind on the 1% of actual news they may ‘report’.

Love it mate

But I have never given this much thought but why is Andrew Gaze such a dumb f***?

What is sooooooooo frustrating about this whole thing is that there IS not only a good story journalism-wise here, but there was genuine structural racism at Hawthorn, as well as really culturally insensitive practices against First Nations players.

Hopefully the court case can tease all this stuff out.

I really want to know more about players reaction to Kennett open racism with golliwogs and ripped jeans comments etc. That wasn't just a hahahaha granddad joke, it came after YEARS of shit and was the last straw for the Riolis.

I want to know about club's reaction to requests for more indigenous player welfare resources, to players being unhappy about Goodes treatment.

I also want to know more about what the prevailing industry standard was for dealing with the personal lives of players and especially First Nations players.

Clarkson and Hawthorn were the industry leaders, and we know his acolytes like Hardwick did stuff like have people break into Dustin Martin's house to check on him.

I also want to know from Clarko what he considers the industry standard - I'm not too worried he's not meeting it here btw, but I think we should be at the forefront, so keen to know what he thinks it is.

I'm also very keen for him to gut Kennett like a fish on the stand, and I am very confident he will.

Last edited:
Lmao why are we still classifying kennetts ripped jeans comments as racism ffs

Because the Aboriginal people it was directed towards took it as racist.

Lmao why are we still classifying kennetts ripped jeans comments as racism ffs
The Riolis had context and took it as such. As The Warlord said, it was the final straw for them, not a single remark that from someone else in a different context might have been seen differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back