Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The competition makes it incredibly hard to have any interest in the game.

If it weren't for North I wouldn't bother with it.

If he gets suspended… Done with AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Couldn’t agree more! It shouldn’t even be a f$&king story!! But because it’s Clarko……

Might want to start putting all the coaches on notice who get demonstrative and swear in the coaches box because we can all lip read and someone might get offended!

Joke!

This is the stupidest news story I've ever heard. Worse than when they said 2 years back that they'll be punting people out of the crowd if they become too animated. The AFL want robots that just clap politely.

I wouldn't give a shit if Clarkson went all Jackie Moon and told the umps where to go and then kicked the ball into the crowd. The game is emotional. Let the players and coaches get angry. They put all they have into this.

xnaGrQ.gif

"Effing C-bomb" is apparently the verbal outburst in question, according to a mate of mine who was at the Hobart game and said the crowd near the bench all heard it and had a chuckle.

If that's true, this is the biggest molehill mountain since Boris the Chicken.
It’s f$&king outrageous that this is a story!!!!!!!! Outrageous!!

Couldn’t agree more! It shouldn’t even be a f$&king story!! But because it’s Clarko……

Might want to start putting all the coaches on notice who get demonstrative and swear in the coaches box because we can all lip read and someone might get offended!

Joke!
Suddenly there's a microscope on AFL and the state of umpiring. So this accusation against Clarko has taken four days to emerge. Me thinks the umpires and AFL hierarchy are panicking.

Look if he's staring directly at the umpires dugout while screaming it, then yeah maybe he deserves a bit of a slap across the knuckles (which, unfortunately, would trigger the 2 week suspended sentence). But if he's just yelled it out into the field where there are a dozen ****ing people in his eyeline then get real :drunk::drunk::drunk:

I'll hold my fire on calling it a stitch up (or saying Clarko seriously needs to pull his head in) ...but on the face of it this is a bit ****ing silly. I'll admit that it's good timing for the AFL on the back of everyone being pissed about the sudden tackling reinterpretation and the revelation umpires are coached during the ****ing game....

Joke!
I look forward to Rodney Eade being retroactively fined the equivalent of Minson's yearly salary.

Coaches swearing like sailors has been a constant. Commentators joke all the time abotu what they're lipreading being said in the coaches box, often with actual replays.

Unless it's directed, in person, at an individual then they're just being silly.

Look if he's staring directly at the umpires dugout while screaming it, then yeah maybe he deserves a bit of a slap across the knuckles (which, unfortunately, would trigger the 2 week suspended sentence). But if he's just yelled it out into the field where there are a dozen ****ing people in his eyeline then get real :drunk::drunk::drunk:

I'll hold my fire on calling it a stitch up (or saying Clarko seriously needs to pull his head in) ...but on the face of it this is a bit ****ing silly. I'll admit that it's good timing for the AFL on the back of everyone being pissed about the sudden tackling reinterpretation and the revelation umpires are coached during the ****ing game....
It’s almost as if they’re directed when to pay and not pay free kicks.

Nothing suss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The competition makes it incredibly hard to have any interest in the game.

If it weren't for North I wouldn't bother with it.
Most of the so called "blockbusters" are complete snooze fests.
Also so many teams I despise I can't watch them.

Some weekends I only watch the North game.
I suppose when Tassie come in I'll have two games to watch.

We may as well let Clarko have an extended holiday and put Patch in charge. What difference is it making anyway?

As long as Patch knows how to keep the 11 goal losses happening, knows how to rub the back of his neck and mumble (between “ummm”s) “we know where we’re at”, we’re apparently in capable hands and the grand plan will continue being implemented.

I can't recall ever when a coach has been suspended from game(s).

Maybe it's happened before, but this seems quite extraordinary.

I've seen the free kick differential ladder and my language wasn't the best after it either.

Still laugh that it’s always Tom ****ing morris that reports on the bad words stuff…

Anyway, I only watched the first 20 seconds but it sounds like he may have said “effing count”

oh no, whatever shall we do

We may as well let Clarko have an extended holiday and put Patch in charge. What difference is it making anyway?

As long as Patch knows how to keep the 11 goal losses happening, knows how to rub the back of his neck and mumble (between “ummm”s) “we know where we’re at”, we’re apparently in capable hands and the grand plan will continue being implemented.
Good call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back