Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We have certainly be handed a difficult situation that wasn't of our making.

We have managed this crisis well, largely due to Sonja's leadership & the coaching team Clarko assembled.

I sense that inside the club they are clear we have embarked on long term fix & that involves giving Clarko what he needs to return and get the job done.

Alastair Clarkson will return to full-time senior coaching duties ahead of the match against Melbourne in round 21.

Clarkson began integrating back into work at the club earlier this month and over that time has progressed to working with all areas of our football department.

Next Monday Clarkson will shadow the entire program and current senior coach Brett Ratten and his assistants in the lead up to the game against West Coast.

Clarkson will remain in Melbourne while the club travels to Perth but will assume all senior coaching duties immediately after the match against the Eagles.

Clarkson stepped away from coaching in the week following round nine and has since spent time concentrating on his mental and physical wellbeing.

Since returning to work, Clarkson has been involved in list management and recruiting, and coaching and football strategy, studying game trends and opposition analysis. He will continue with that this week.

North Melbourne CEO Jennifer Watt said Clarkson is ready to return to senior coaching.

“We’re so pleased that Alastair can return to the role of senior coach. The time away was critical for Alastair to address his physical and mental health and it’s obvious to everyone that he’s hungry and ready to resume his place as our senior coach,” Watt said.

“Alastair, and indeed the whole club, has been incredibly grateful to Brett Ratten and the entire coaching group, for stepping up in his absence.

“We have been very purposeful with Alastair's return and integration back into the program to ensure a seamless transition for our playing group and to provide Alastair with the time to reacquaint himself with both the game and the program.

“I’d like to reiterate the club’s thanks to Brett, Todd Viney, and all the players and staff at the club for the hard work they’ve done while Alastair has been away.

“Our members and supporters also deserve great credit for the way they have stuck by the club over what has been a really trying period.”

Alastair Clarkson will return to full-time senior coaching duties ahead of the match against Melbourne in round 21.

Clarkson began integrating back into work at the club earlier this month and over that time has progressed to working with all areas of our football department.

Next Monday Clarkson will shadow the entire program and current senior coach Brett Ratten and his assistants in the lead up to the game against West Coast.

Clarkson will remain in Melbourne while the club travels to Perth but will assume all senior coaching duties immediately after the match against the Eagles.

Clarkson stepped away from coaching in the week following round nine and has since spent time concentrating on his mental and physical wellbeing.

Since returning to work, Clarkson has been involved in list management and recruiting, and coaching and football strategy, studying game trends and opposition analysis. He will continue with that this week.

North Melbourne CEO Jennifer Watt said Clarkson is ready to return to senior coaching.

“We’re so pleased that Alastair can return to the role of senior coach. The time away was critical for Alastair to address his physical and mental health and it’s obvious to everyone that he’s hungry and ready to resume his place as our senior coach,” Watt said.

“Alastair, and indeed the whole club, has been incredibly grateful to Brett Ratten and the entire coaching group, for stepping up in his absence.

“We have been very purposeful with Alastair's return and integration back into the program to ensure a seamless transition for our playing group and to provide Alastair with the time to reacquaint himself with both the game and the program.

“I’d like to reiterate the club’s thanks to Brett, Todd Viney, and all the players and staff at the club for the hard work they’ve done while Alastair has been away.

“Our members and supporters also deserve great credit for the way they have stuck by the club over what has been a really trying period.”
IMG_4738.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The meltdown on here is ridiculous. I get the last few months have been royally f***** to put it kindly, however some of you turning on Clarko because of that is ridiculous and to put it plainly, it’s insensitive.

When he stepped down we can all remember how obvious it was that he wasn’t doing well at all. It’s barely been 3 months and he’s already reintegrating. It can take a lifetime to over come mental health issues, so what more could you possibly ask for.

I commend him for having the balls to stand up and say “I’m not okay” in an environment where the media will go for the kill if you let them.

He’s our coach, he’s one of us. I will back him to the hills.

Some of you need to have a good hard look at yourselves.

The meltdown on here is ridiculous. I get the last few months have been royally f***** to put it kindly, however some of you turning on Clarko because of that is ridiculous and to put it plainly, it’s insensitive.

When he stepped down we can all remember how obvious it was that he wasn’t doing well at all. It’s barely been 3 months and he’s already reintegrating. It can take a lifetime to over come mental health issues, so what more could you possibly ask for.

I commend him for having the balls to stand up and say “I’m not okay” in an environment where the media will go for the kill if you let them.

He’s our coach, he’s one of us. I will back him to the hills.

Some of you need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
Post of the year. Well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back