Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still more let him see out the contract given he's got the youngest and least experienced list in the comp.
But we'd want to see some more wins over the next two years and hopefully some top 6 scalps.
We're still likely to be bottom six the next two years even with 4-10 wins based on current ladder.
I think we're light on for elite talent across the field and that the list is not quite there but maybe it's just too young.

I don't think he's got anywhere near the good ball users he had at the Hawks in their premiership era.
Off the top of the head there's Hodge, Lewis, Roughy, Cyril, Buddy, Duryea, Birchall, Breust, Gibson and Mitchell.
Then looking at our list there's basically only Sheezel, Powell and McKercher. Any others? Hardemann?
And that's before we even get to the athletic profiles of the player's we've drafted the last 10 years.
It's going to take a few years to correct. Even just improving the bottom six of our best 22 would be a good start.
Ground hog day
We are a few years from being a few years away

Was he countered more at Hawthorn?
Weren’t he and Kennet constantly at it? I got zero confidence anyone is keeping tabs on him at North. I personally find it strange you can come out and say you weren’t 100% invested midway through the year whilst still collecting your pay check every week. People here and within the club thought it was a positive step. I personally found it disappointing. Imagine a player said that. We would be asking for them to be sacked on the spot.

Viney was supposed to be brought in to hold his leash. What I'm hearing is it's not working.

When Watt was hired, I thought it was a good hire but my concern was that the responsibility of holding Clarkson accountable from a football perspective lay just on Viney. Watt has a great resume, but if anyone thinks that she is going to be able to control Clarkson, they're being very hopeful.

Hood & Watt have a big offseason. Without the effective guardrails around Clarkson, things are not improving.
Interesting report.

I hope u are right mate …
From what I’ve heard this Hawthorn racism saga has really taken a toll with him … stay tuned for a big time announcement this preseason…. He’s done
You won't rest easy until the door hits his bum on the way out. You want him gone. And there is no logical or rational reason as to why.

I hope u are right mate …
From what I’ve heard this Hawthorn racism saga has really taken a toll with him … stay tuned for a big time announcement this preseason…. He’s done
Isn't he all clear on that and its on Hawthorn now? Id hope he rides it out, its pretty clear the young guys love him and he has buy in despite the shipshow V dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't he all clear on that and its on Hawthorn now? Id hope he rides it out, its pretty clear the young guys love him and he has buy in despite the shipshow V dogs.
do the young players love him? they sure don't seem to perform for him (albeit a lot of the blame can be sheeted to the worst group of senior players in the league)

There were strong rumours that Clarko gave the players his most serious bake after last weeks amateur hour ending.

IF that is the case and the players served up that tripe today then Clarko's voice is not resonating with this playing group as he would have expected or was used to at Hawthorn.

The next option for Clarko is to make statements at the selection table - he has one round left so let's see it.
Maybe the players had their delicate feelings hurt again and sulked it out in that woeful, embarrassing display?

Leadership as we all know is our issue. Don’t want to give Captaincy to Harry yet but more than likely in 2 yrs. Not against going for some mature free agents but with ability. Will be hard to pry them away from strong clubs though you would think.

Leadership as we all know is our issue. Don’t want to give Captaincy to Harry yet but more than likely in 2 yrs. Not against going for some mature free agents but with ability. Will be hard to pry them away from strong clubs though you would think.
Would be nice to get the 2020’s version of Davis, Wade and Rantall….

There were strong rumours that Clarko gave the players his most serious bake after last weeks amateur hour ending.

IF that is the case and the players served up that tripe today then Clarko's voice is not resonating with this playing group as he would have expected or was used to at Hawthorn.

The next option for Clarko is to make statements at the selection table - he has one round left so let's see it.
I'm the first to shy away from slandering the coming generation, as every generation has talked shit about the generations after it, rendering the specific criticisms generally meaningless, but if this is the case it's a disgrace. That's exactly what they deserved after that game. The coach can't hold onto the lead for them. He provides the structure, the players fill in the gaps. If the players can't handle a bake after that, then I'd seriously question their entitlement. Professional footballers finishing a game the way that a fourths team full of beer guts would? You deserve every spray you ****ing get. And you pick yourself up and throw everything at it the next week. Not stay in touch for a quarter and then do a Benny Hill impression for the next three quarters.

I remember our list at the time didn't react well to Noble losing his shit. He might've been on par with gargoyles in terms of communication ability, but two specific instances make a trend in my book. We may, for lack of a better phrase, have a precious bunch of sissy campaigners on our hands

You won't rest easy until the door hits his bum on the way out. You want him gone. And there is no logical or rational reason as to why.
Results going backwards is pretty rational unless you stick your head in the sand.

Don’t want him gone yet personally but suggesting he’s doing an amazing job is delusional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back