Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow number one. I knew we were ranked up there.

I've been saying this since I got here but the most important think we need is a shrink.

That's the most frustrating part of losing those close games. No substitute for the confidence/belief winning instills, particularly for a group as mentally fragile as ours.

Wow number one. I knew we were ranked up there.

I've been saying this since I got here but the most important think we need is a shrink.

This is why we shouldn't have that knee jerk reaction when we lose, we tend to blame the list immediately, when its 95% about our mental state (belief, effort, the drive, focus). As soon as we are not the aggressor (the one applying the pressure) our mental state is too weak to have the confidence to withstand It. We turn to butter.

That game after the bye, Sidebottom, said playing us that round, was the toughest game he's played in years.

We have so much talent, but unfortunately none of them have any experience or has a taste to realise what it takes to be in that zone, nor been around the necessary culture to sustain it.

We desperately need players out there that have this experience in spades (Hodge type) and is ready to take a leadership on board, not, rely on a ****ing 19 year old.

That's the most frustrating part of losing those close games. No substitute for the confidence/belief winning instills, particularly for a group as mentally fragile as ours.

Unfortunately one of the ways to increase the belief/confidence is too win

The players need to have that leave nothing in the tank kind of attitude or need a lot of them need nurturing?

Having a figure like Clarko around the club would make me want to run through a wall for him but i suppose with the amount of drama (allegations, JHF, TT) its been hard. We have to capitalise on being steady, starting next year for sure

This is why we shouldn't have that knee jerk reaction when we lose, we tend to blame the list immediately, when its 95% about our mental state (belief, effort, the drive, focus). As soon as we are not the aggressor (the one applying the pressure) our mental state is too weak to have the confidence to withstand It. We turn to butter.

That game after the bye, Sidebottom, said playing us that round, was the toughest game he's played in years.

We have so much talent, but unfortunately none of them have any experience or has a taste to realise what it takes to be in that zone, nor been around the necessary culture to sustain it.

We desperately need players out there that have this experience in spades (Hodge type) and is ready to take a leadership on board, not, rely on a ****ing 19 year old.
I was a bit sickened by the loss, but in terms of the blame game I wasn't particularly interested in it beyond our on field leadership. For the most part we're a young squad who have done nothing but lose for 4 years. Just because we've had a massive change in form doesn't mean the wheels wont fall off sometimes, and doubly so when a key playmaker is a nonstarter and then we get in game injuries.

Just listened to his press conference and I’m sure he didn’t mean it that way but he’s comment about ‘on a similarly sad note’ was completely off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love ya Clarko, love ya Pup. I can listen to Clarko 24/7, the GOAT Coach in my lifetime and regardless of the rivalry we have, I respect him, your club and whatever the outcome Sunday, you have a great man at the helm. Good luck Roo Boys, I wish you well. Hopefully we win but if we do not my opinion will not change.

Just listened to his press conference and I’m sure he didn’t mean it that way but he’s comment about ‘on a similarly sad note’ was completely off.
Yeah, it was just a clumsy attempt to bridge, he was pretty emotional.

Look at our ****en players - if we offered 20 maybe 25 to other clubs for free there wouldn’t be a taker

Lol we have the talent, we just need a few more veterans and we need some bloody culture!

If or when we are playing really well our list looks fantastic. If we are playing badly we say our list is shit.

Automatic default for a lot of us

Lol we have the talent, we just need a few more veterans and we need some bloody culture!

If or when we are playing really well our list looks fantastic. If we are playing badly we say our list is shit.

Automatic default for a lot of us
Yeah the guys that can’t hit a simple pass , make decisions with ball in hand or in a defensive grid.
Stupidity is what we excel in

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back