Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a pick 2. Harry is not worth pick 70 right now unfortunately. No trade value with the baggage he is carrying.
TURN IT UP THATSGOLD!

Pretty sure we need more firepower to help Cloke - Put Harry O on the table to get a player like a Sam Reid. Maybe add a draft pick too.

He was a pick 2. Harry is not worth pick 70 right now unfortunately. No trade value with the baggage he is carrying.

I kind of agree with you, with Harry's worth. If he was leaving another club I wouldn't want us to go after him at all let alone offer a pick 60 or 70. We should have traded him two years a go if we wanted to get something decent for him.

However, I am sure there could be clubs that can use him as a depth player in case they get any injuries and we could possibly get a 3rd round pick if we wanted to make a straight swap.

Don't worry about O'Rouke being picked up at pick 2. He has really struggled in his first two years and I saw his stats, he struggles to get much of the ball. Not so keen to go after him, there are better options from GWS than him. I think he will get traded for an early second rounder.

GWS would be stupid to do a straight swap for Harry and I don't think they are so that deal seems extremely unlikely.

Pretty sure we need more firepower to help Cloke - Put Harry O on the table to get a player like a Sam Reid. Maybe add a draft pick too.

Maybe? LOL

Why would Sydney trade a young and talented KF for a 28 year old who won't be getting a game for them at all. If they did look at a deal like that it would have to be Lumumba and a 1st round pick for them to even consider it and even then they would most likely just look at the pick we are offering them and tell us to keep Harry.

There is no way they will accept Lumumba and a late pick or even a second round pick. They gain absolutely nothing from that.

I kind of agree with you, with Harry's worth. If he was leaving another club I wouldn't want us to go after him at all let alone offer a pick 60 or 70. We should have traded him two years a go if we wanted to get something decent for him.

However, I am sure there could be clubs that can use him as a depth player in case they get any injuries and we could possibly get a 3rd round pick if we wanted to make a straight swap.

Don't worry about O'Rouke being picked up at pick 2. He has really struggled in his first two years and I saw his stats, he struggles to get much of the ball. Not so keen to go after him, there are better options from GWS than him. I think he will get traded for an early second rounder.

GWS would be stupid to do a straight swap for Harry and I don't think they are so that deal seems extremely unlikely.
Yeh totally agree. I get the feeling now Harry will quit the game. I cant see him wanting to go into another AFL environment with the issues he is carrying.

On O'Rouke I agree too. For a pick 2 he hasn't shown very much and there are better players we could pick up with less risk of making it.

Maybe? LOL

Why would Sydney trade a young and talented KF for a 28 year old who won't be getting a game for them at all. If they did look at a deal like that it would have to be Lumumba and a 1st round pick for them to even consider it and even then they would most likely just look at the pick we are offering them and tell us to keep Harry.

There is no way they will accept Lumumba and a late pick or even a second round pick. They gain absolutely nothing from that.

Just thinking out loud haha Lumumba could be a direct replacement for a Rhyce Shaw type player....

I understand that sometimes situations to a point that it becomes difficult to reconcile. If he and the club part ways, so be it and all the best to him.
I understand that Lumumba seems to be the party bringing this and a similar matter ('Lez' comment, IIRC) to a head and has become a distraction.
What is a bit worrying is that experienced players falling out with the current coaching group has become a recurring pattern.
It can't all be horses for courses, but what looks like a one size fits all / my way or the highway approach doesn't seem to be improving our situation.

I understand that sometimes situations to a point that it becomes difficult to reconcile. If he and the club part ways, so be it and all the best to him.
I understand that Lumumba seems to be the party bringing this and a similar matter ('Lez' comment, IIRC) to a head and has become a distraction.
What is a bit worrying is that experienced players falling out with the current coaching group has become a recurring pattern.
It can't all be horses for courses, but what looks like a one size fits all / my way or the highway approach doesn't seem to be improving our situation.
I think H is a person all to his own. Would be great when things are going well, but will turn around and be a disaster when his song is being played out of tune.

I think it's time that he had a fresh start elsewhere. We can't be jumping at shadows every time H thinks something is inappropriate. If we can upgrade a pick in the draft then let's look at it. If we really want Garlett, MM will take H for him, I'd hope to also add their third rounder or at the very least swap our second in the package. Hell, I'd be happy for their second rounder for him.

Doesn't seem to be a problem at Hawks under clarkson who is very much my way or the highway.

At his best was very handy, and he has played a few stand out games for us this year.

I've always found Harry O's "principled" clashes to be more self indulgent grandstanding than something to be admired. If I had to work with a guy who caused dramas, I'd find it really draining and an unnecessary distraction from the unit's goal.

Unfortunately all that drama substantially diminishes his trade value.

He came from the rookie list to be a part of a premiership side - doesn't owe us anything. Although it would be good if we got something for him, and that he enjoys what's left of his career somewhere that's a better fit.

What clubs would want a 27yo line breaking half back flanker who thinks he's Jesus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be lucky to get a third rounder for H - has had an ordinary year, and the other issues won't be ignored by the club. Hopefully it's resolved in an acceptable manner though - can't ship everyone off just cause they do something that shits you.

Just read about why he stormed out...
Henrietta, Harriett whatever your f:6king name is this week, P1ss OFF!
If you are gonna be throwing hissy fits about a little joke that wasn't even about you that's piss poor form. You are an AFL footballer not the UN high commissioner for protection of new age delicate sensibilities. Actually how bout you apply for that job?
I'll give you to the count of ten. I'm smaller than you, unfit and slow but you better arch that back and run like f:%k cos I bet you have about as much dash as John Howard had bowling ability and I would probably be able to get it over you as I've had to fight for everything I have. Never had a sook about it either.
I reckon you once had a bit of dash but ever since you started whining and carrying on about life's injustices in public it just so happens your game went to shit too.
Mate, you have NO reason to be carrying on like a pork chop over a poster. You get a paid a fortune to run around playing footy. You think you're speaking for the hard done by? The marginalised? People who've got it tough wouldn't have a bar of your whining. Grow up. If your right fighting is that important go build a hospital and put your money where your mouth is. Either do that or STFU and concentrate on your job.

Doesn't seem to be a problem at Hawks under clarkson who is very much my way or the highway.
I didn't disregard that, but there are differences, the two main ones being:
(i) His methods have proven to be successful; he has the runs on the board.
(ii) He doesn't have the disadvantage of having been in the same team as a number of the players (Swan, Thomas, Pendlebury, Shaw, Lumumba), so there are no issues with changes in the relationship

Just read about why he stormed out...
Henrietta, Harriett whatever your f:6king name is this week, P1ss OFF!
If you are gonna be throwing hissy fits about a little joke that wasn't even about you that's piss poor form. You are an AFL footballer not the UN high commissioner for protection of new age delicate sensibilities. Actually how bout you apply for that job?
I'll give you to the count of ten. I'm smaller than you, unfit and slow but you better arch that back and run like f:%k cos I bet you have about as much dash as John Howard had bowling ability and I would probably be able to get it over you as I've had to fight for everything I have. Never had a sook about it either.
I reckon you once had a bit of dash but ever since you started whining and carrying on about life's injustices in public it just so happens your game went to shit too.
Mate, you have NO reason to be carrying on like a pork chop over a poster. You get a paid a fortune to run around playing footy. You think you're speaking for the hard done by? The marginalised? People who've got it tough wouldn't have a bar of your whining. Grow up. If your right fighting is that important go build a hospital and put your money where your mouth is. Either do that or STFU and concentrate on your job.
You have to be aware of the religious sensitivities when posting.
H would be disappointed with you.

I've loved ya Harry but seriously? See ya later pal, a pre-season of HTFU is required and obviously that needs to be elsewhere, so that you can see how good you had it once and how thin-skinned and misguided you've become.

Hahahahahahaha. Didn't take long for someone to put it on Buckley.

At the risk of sidetracking the thread:

Wellingham - wanted to go home to WA. No
Dawes - he requested a trade after being told how it was. If we wanted him, he stays. No
Thomas - wanted to play under Malthouse and $$$$. Yes
Shaw - club wanted him gone. Yes.
Didak - old. No one wanted him. Yes.
Jolly - old. No one wanted him. Yes
H - is there any disputing his petulance. Yes, if he gets punted

That's 3 players outside of the retirees. 2 netted us very good compensation. Fingers crossed on a 3rd if H leaves.

Will except a 2nd rounder.
In all honesty you would be lucky to get a pick better than 50. TBH I hope my club doesn't even take him for nothing.

Your club will be better (and importantly more unified) without him.

Straight swap for Mitch Robinson?

Sounds much more likely. Or Garlett if you would be prepared to throw in a dud pick - and he's playing in the seconds...

Last edited:
Just get rid of him ASAP.

If no club wants him, just keep him on the list but retire him and pay him over the next 2 years to stay away from the club.

Problem is of course as soon as he is moved on he will run to the media and put us all over the headlines with his warped sense of the world.

In all honesty you would be lucky to get a pick better than 50. TBH I hope my club doesn't even take him for nothing.

Your club will be better (and importantly more unified) without him.

Sounds much more likely. Or Garlett if you would be prepared to throw in a dud pick - and he's playing in the seconds...)

I agree, it was more wishful thinking.

Cringeworthy human being and an average footballer. Send him to whoever is dumb enough to give anything up.

I really admire your gutts in assessing another person's worth. It's a shame that this forum doesnt really encourage people to share their own accomplishments in life.

Wasnt he put in the leadership group this year? After his exploits and carry on last year that was plain ridiculous

No...but why let the facts get in the way of a good kick. He should never have been placed in the leadership group this year even though he wasn't. Furthermore, he should never have been put in the leadership group even though it's the players who actually make the decision. I dont know what the club was thinking allowing the players to vote for Lumumba....even though they didnt vote for him. It's mindless stupidity to even consider doing what they didnt do.

I'd go further and say that they should never even considered to make Lumumba vice-captain, even though they didnt. Why would they do that? No wonder the club is in such a mess at the moment, putting a loose cannon in such a position, even though they didnt do it. I hope that they reconsider their decisions next time when they consider doing something that they didnt do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back