Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how these things leak out of the club. If it is as the report states, Buckley, Eddie, match committee and H had talks, how does it get out?
For mine, not including the graffiti, his manager is right, H needs to find better ways of expressing himself as he seems to alienate people which then takes away his issue and makes his responses the topic.

Sadly because it is now public knowledge perhaps parting of the way may be the best for both the club and him.
Exactly. Who the hell leaks this stuff down there??? The players themselves? If so they deserve to be sacked for it in first place.

I agree Maggie. Losing another experienced player will hurt in the short term but we cannot afford any more dramas. I respect H and those posters who are sticking up for him but we are in this business to win premierships. These sort of distractions have to end.
The way he played this year it won't hurt us short term.

Great post. I think H has some dreadful depression and anxiety issues and probably PTSD; because of that I wish Collingwood could help him tremendously. However, as a selfish Collingwood supporter, I hope they move out difficult issues. At the end of the day I care more about a person than a premiership :)eek:), I hope H and Collingwood do the best thing for each other.:cry:

I would say there is no chance of H being at the Pies next year.

Lobaiga - from a lot of what you're saying, I want to agree with you, but I don't actually understand what you're annoyed about in this instance. That people are dismissing Harry's concerns? That Harry has those concerns? Or that some people are treating the issue of homosexual vilification Harry raised seriously, but don't seem worried about sexism?
LOL....I so do not care about sexism (not quite true), my point is too many people jump on the cause du jour....when it has nothing to do with them. Shouldn't more people on this board worry about sexism rather than LGBT issues (I am not dismissing LGBT), what I am saying is most of this board are male who are not gay, so shouldn't they care more about woman issues? (insert every disclaimer....I know there are gays, bi's, women, lesbians, etc). Why does HL have to get so upset about two very mild/possible lesbian slurs? (and only against lesbians), that all LGB's I know think they were a tiny lark?
And I really do not think it was vilification.

If his team mates have also had enough of his antics then its probably better he leaves.

I don't have a read on how well liked he is, but except the leadership group will have some influence on whether he stays.

I wonder how these things leak out of the club. If it is as the report states, Buckley, Eddie, match committee and H had talks, how does it get out?

Good question. Back in the day Eddie would lock everyone who was potentially the leak in the boardroom and not let anyone out until the one who actually leaked the story owned up to it.

We leak like a sieve nowadays.

LOL....I so do not care about sexism (not quite true), my point is too many people jump on the cause du jour....when it has nothing to do with them. Shouldn't more people on this board worry about sexism rather than LGBT issues (I am not dismissing LGBT), what I am saying is most of this board are male who are not gay, so shouldn't they care more about woman issues? (insert every disclaimer....I know there are gays, bi's, women, lesbians, etc). Why does HL have to get so upset about two very mild/possible lesbian slurs? (and only against lesbians), that all LGB's I know think they were a tiny lark?

Well said...at the end of the day he is a footy player. Being outraged at insignificant jokes does not help anyone and says more about his need for attention then wanting make a positive change to the world.

Good question. Back in the day Eddie would lock everyone who was potentially the leak in the boardroom and not let anyone out until the one who actually leaked the story owned up to it.

How long would it typically take for Eddie to own up to it? :drunk:

I've had the (dis)pleasure of meeting Harry a couple of times and Heretier none. He very cannily chooses to show whichever persona suits him at the time.

He can now choose to go wherever he wishes. Thanks for the memories, but that's all they are now.

And I really do not think it was vilification.

Well, firstly, was this slur against lesbians specifically or LGBT in general. "Mardi gras" isn't lesbian specific.

Secondly, I can kinda see where you're coming from a little bit if you're saying people are hypocritical to care about this stuff when ignoring more prevalent discrimination, but don't agree that's a good reason not to call it shit behaviour when you see it, regardless of whether it's "your issue" or not.

Last thing, HL might have been specifically annoyed this time about the reaction to an LGBT issue because that is the same type of issue that caused the last blow up. In which case his issue is "you guys have learned nothing from last time/you guys are still not listening to me about this" compounding the slur itself.

And I'm pointing that out even though I think Harry's *reported* reaction is disproportionate and a silly way to try and address the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to bag Harry.He's certainly not as bad as people are goin on about him, there will be clubs after him.If he goes let's take the opportunity to get something for him.I would rather we do it now, when he is contracted rather than wait til the end of next year, which i'm sure will be drama filled and not worth the risk.I hope we trade where the talent is, and that's GWS and GCS.Let's move on and just get somethin for him.

Tend to think Harry or his manager leaked this one. Our that it was leaked deliberately by the club to ensure that there would be no backlash to trading him.

I am already so excited to be able to support my club without this piece of shit being there. 2015 will be a great year, it's got off on the right foot.
Unnecessarily harsh...

He's a bit dramatic...
We're all a bit over it ...
Time he moves on.
That's all that needs to be said.

Tbh I'd probs aim at trading him and our 2nd rounder for a pick upgrade. If our second is pick 20 then we might get to pick 17, say.
Or, if we get Darcy with 2nd rounder then we trade Harry + pick 8 for a pick upgrade of maybe 1 pick (to 7) or 2 if we're lucky (to 6)....

Firstly, just to get it out of the way, when has HL brought up racist issues? (in an overt way)
Secondly, I have no issue with him bringing up LGBT issues (if you are gay, or a very active straight in the LGBT society, then I apologise), but from all my LGBT friends (and my own personal part of that community) what HL is reacting to is bizarre. I have no care factor if he is straight, gay, etc....but, sometimes it gets a little annoying if someone fights a cause they do not actually live. Sometimes it seems they actually make it worse....

Paige Cardona‏@paigecardona 2h
Just so we're clear. H got angry over "off to the mardi gras, boys?" Pls H, let us gays make up our minds about what is and isn't offensive.

Again I ask, are you gay? Lesbian? Black? Asian? Female? Muslim? ETC?

Maybe the best question is '"do you ever joke around?

If you honestly have to ask when Heritier has brought up racist issues then you clearly don't know anywhere near enough about the man to be passing judgement on him. Don't rely on heresay and newspaper articles - do some research.

You make it blatantly obvious (despite saying you "have no care factor") that your whole issue is with people standing up for something that doesn't affect them personally or that they have no "active" involvement in. Why on earth is it relevant at all whether I'm gay, black, asian, white, female, muslim, disabled.....? Do you not believe in the power of empathy? If no member of a group that perpetuates these sorts of attitudes joins the protests, what's the point??

You can also use a quote to support an argument but of course you need to be selective because a quote is just one person's opinion. Which explains why you didn't use the very first response to the article on the webpage where it's printed:
"Please don't go Heritier. We love you. As for the poster, that's appalling. As a gay man and Collingwood supporter, I find it insulting and hurtful. Thanks for standing up, Heritier. Tom"

Then you imply that the whole thing should be seen as "joking around"?? Do you expect sexist slurs to be seen as joking around too?

I give up on asking you any questions - you appear incapable of answering any of them.

Will be forgotten about in 3 years time.

A good example of a player thinking he is bigger than the club, he has really lost the plot of what footy is about. Its not all about hippies and singing kumbaya around the camp fire harry. Its football mate , you need to realise this before you hit 35 and regret not giving your all in your prime.

Anyone who thinks we will get O'rouke in a straight swap has no idea. Realistically we would have to package something like Nathan Brown plus H for Orouke and maybe a 2nd. Yeah he hasn't played much AFL, but GWS aren't going to hand someone who went very high in the draft someone who is trying to force his way out the club.

Unnecessarily harsh...

He's a bit dramatic...
We're all a bit over it ...
Time he moves on.
That's all that needs to be said.

Tbh I'd probs aim at trading him and our 2nd rounder for a pick upgrade. If our second is pick 20 then we might get to pick 17, say.
Or, if we get Darcy with 2nd rounder then we trade Harry + pick 8 for a pick upgrade of maybe 1 pick (to 7) or 2 if we're lucky (to 6)....

6 might be a bit easier than 7 given who finished two places above us..

Singing bye bye harry who crys :) what song am i trying to sing?

Anyone who thinks we will get O'rouke in a straight swap has no idea. Realistically we would have to package something like Nathan Brown plus H for Orouke and maybe a 2nd. Yeah he hasn't played much AFL, but GWS aren't going to hand someone who went very high in the draft someone who is trying to force his way out the club.
He was a pick 2. Harry is not worth pick 70 right now unfortunately. No trade value with the baggage he is carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back